autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shop Vac find at Home Depot

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1418 View Post
    I've had this vac for a few mos.. and like someone else mentiones the hose is really stiff, and kinks super easy. Bought this vac hose attachment.. well worth the money

Amazon.com: Ridgid 24608 2-1/2-Inch Diameter 10-Feet Long Hose: Home Improvement

and use this attachment for fitment into almost any crevice

http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Vac-90179...e+crevice+tool

I just ordered one of these shop vacs and know that the hose fitting is 1 7/8".

My question would be…….which hose set up should I go with?

There is the 1 7/8" hose….RIDGID 10 ft. Pro-Grade Universal Wet/Dry Vacuum Hose Kit-VT2570 - The Home Depot

*** OR***

I was looking at this 1 1/4" hose w/ detailing kit... RIDGID Premium Car Cleaning Kit-VT2534 - The Home Depot

Along with this 1 7/8" to 1 1/4" adaptor kit ..RIDGID 3-Piece Adapter Kit-VT1755 - The Home Depot.

The detailing kit would give me different attachments to work with If I so needed them.

Thoughts?
    15' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech
    Snowflake Pearl / Black Leather Interior

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shop Vac find at Home Depot

Definitely, that hose.. the stock plastic one is CRAP.

The attachments are up to you, personally in my opinion, all the stock attachments or "detailing kits" are useless.. i only use that flexible one i posted above (came with step down adapter to fit the smaller size). With that small mouth opening it creates a LOT of suction, and doesn't suck up too much bigger stuff. I found the larger attachments, sometimes i would accidently suck up a small item like a baby toy and it's either get stuck in the hose, or i'd have to dig it outta the dust. With the smaller attachments, loose paper, and larger trash items suck right onto the tip and then i can just pull it off and put away. It also fits perfectly into the rails for the 2nd row seats on vans where they slide back and forth.. getting all that junk in there.

I LOVE the flexible part because it can get down the sides of seats and curve under the seat into those tight areas. Also into door compartments that are thin and dont open.. a stiff attachment wont get the the bottom unless it has the right angle.. this attachment - no problem. I've been using this attachment for at least 6 mos exclusively, about 200 cars/ month and still going strong.

IME, The hard stock plastic ones would last 1-2 months and then split at the mouth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12