autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CTEK Battery Chargers/Analyzer

Yeah, I'm a little past the dressing and working on which model charger to buy, but thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Trying to decide whether to get the 7002 or the 4.3. 7002 has the "supply" mode and higher peak charge rate, while the 4.3 is cheaper and has the rubber bumper option...
    Gosh darn internet...now I see there are NOCO Genius and PulseTech chargers...they are "wicked smart" and have patented pulsing, respectively...I dunno what to do...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Setec, before seeing this thread, I did exactly as you suggested and used the CTEK charger to pad my order to get to free shipping ... great minds think alike. I got the CTEK 4.3 in last AGO order. Haven't even had a chance to crack open the package so I can't give my opinion on it yet.

Before buying, I got my google-fu on and read up on the differences between CTEK and NOCO as those were the 2 smart chargers I was considering. Not sure if this dude was totally on point but I did take it into consideration, specifically K Burton in the thread below.

Vintage Veloce™: Choosing a Battery Charger: CTEK or Noco Genius

"The main difference between these two chargers is the charging algorithm – and it’s a very important difference:

The Ctek applies full current until the optimum voltage is reached, and then continuously reduces current whilst the battery is locked at that optimum voltage. This stretches the battery, as it is kept at its optimum voltage throughout pretty much the entire charging cycle (Bulk, Absorption and Float).

In sharp contrast, the Genius uses an inferior methodology of simply stepping the current down as soon as the battery achieves its’ maximum at that cycle (purporting to be additional steps!); as a consequence the voltage also drops and the battery is rarely ever kept at its’ optimum state during the charge cycle. In fact, the charging algorithm used by Genius chargers is almost identical to some of the very cheap supermarket own-brand smart chargers, and there’s nothing “Wicked Smart” about that!"

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a BatteryMinder mostly because it desulfates.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

FYI, the CTEK line will also desulphate a battery. BatteryMINDer looks like a decent product as well. I just felt more comfortable with the CTEK line as they are well reviewed and supply rebranded chargers for BMW, Lamborghini, Audi, Chevrolet, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12