autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Need Electric Powerwasher Input- Greenworks-Powerworks, AR, or Karcher

Hello Guys,

I thought I’d do a little rant today about what it’s like to shop for an electric pressure washer using online reviews and also take some feedback/opinions if you have anything to add. I have 3 models that I’m looking at seriously:
    -An AR383 1900 PSI
    -Powerworks/Greenworks 1700 PSI
    -A Karcher X Series 2000 PSI 5.740

The first is an AR383 which would be about 200 after online shopping and “upgrades.”
    -Pros are that it’s rated the highest online and at home improvement stores for reliability and best bang for buck value.
    -The cons are that it’s from a company that’s newer to the US and to hook up an MTM hydro foam cannon I need their adapter which is $22.95 shipped (there are multiple threads discussing this issue on here as well). Also their intake fitting is recommended to be upgraded to brass as it leaks right out of the box (another $10 spot). The last con is that the hose can be hard to roll up and is proprietary so if it cracks I’m forced to deal with AR and another 10 dollar shipping charge. If I buy online for $165 shipped I also would not be able to pick up a 2 year warranty from the site I’m looking at purchasing from. If I purchased it at the local Lowes which has it would be about $200 and another $25 for a 2 year warranty.

The second one I’m looking at is a Greenworks/Powerworks 1700 psi model.
    -The pros are that I can get the Greenworks local for $199 at Lowes and actually get a 2 year warranty for 25 bucks making it the same price as the AR383. It also has metal QDs attached so I don’t have to worry about adapters or upgrades out of the box. The Powerworks can be had for $165 online without the 2 year warranty.
    -The cons are that it has mixed reviews from Lowes/Amazon, that it’s the same price and has 200 less psi than the AR383, has some electrical gremlins, and with the local purchase… it’s also the same price as the AR383.

Finally the 3rd Karcher X Series 2000 PSI
    It appears that comparing this pressure washer to the AR and the Greenworks/Powerworks is like comparing a Buick to a Ford or Chevy (I can’t find it in myself to compare an electric pressure washer to a Cadillac).

-Pros- It is VERY well reviewed on here and online, the pump is water primed so it may last longer, and has more psi than the others.
    -Cons- It’s 100 dollars more than the other two models before a 25 dollar 2 year warranty program, and like the AR it has proprietary fittings for an MTM Hydro cannon.

At the end of the day this pressure washer will be used in a prosumer setting as I tend to wash 2 cars a week, may use it for cleaning my pooldeck and outside furniture and I will detail on the side for some easy cash about every 8 weeks. Your thoughts, input, any outside consideration or other products I haven’t thought of would be greatly appreciated, and again sorry for yet ANOTHER electric powerwasher thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Electric Powerwasher Input- Greenworks-Powerworks, AR, or Karcher

I've had my ar unit (118) for about a year I want to say and it's been awesome with no cracks or leaks of any kind. Just like any product, take care of it and it will take care of you assuming the product has quality to begin with. Ar has released their own mtm foam cannon for their units that hooks up directly to their pressure washers. I have used it and it works perfectly. If you want pictures let me know. No reason not to get the ar unit IMO

Detailing- my stress reliever