autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need new Tire ideas with specs.

I put on Continental DWS last October and would get another set when they wear out...which hopefully won't be for another few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the Continental DWS. That's what I'm putting on my Camaro next...not available in his size though.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Need new Tire ideas with specs.

This is real easy, Continental DWS......read em' and weep all other tire mfg's! Now this isn't the deciding factor but you first look at the tire you know its special, then you check out the tread pattern, it does EVERYTHING well, is "Z" speed rated, so goes hand in hand on a Euro car for sure, has a good treadwear number and both "A" in temp and traction. I also like the fact that the tire has a smooth sidewall too, no stupid "ribbed pattern" going around the sidewall. You read the reviews on this tire and you'll see. An honest 30-35k is what you should expect out of this tire with proper rotations and a good alignment but it also depends upon how you drive the car and temps out, hotter weather will wear anything down earlier, just the way it is but I know this, THE DWS IS A GREAT TIRE
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Hankook tires have been very good for me, here is a link

Hankook Ventus V4 es H105 215/55 R16 97V DSB - tires-easy.com

There are 3 or 4 different ones here.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, is that I put the spare on when one went out and I think I bought the mxv4 from michelin. So I think I will just put 4 more on with town fair and then get new alignment and try to get better fuel economy. Right now it says 11, I will try and see what is wrong. I mostly bet that all the littel cracks and crevices in the tire are letting out a Hugggeeeee amount of air. I will also try and see if internals are wrong such as clogged sections or dirty pieces.
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Your getting 11 mpg?? The little cracks on the sidewall will usually not leak air. The inner liner is actually air tight part of a tire. While low air pressure will definitely affect fuel economy it won't have that much of an effect. Now if the alignment is way out it will as the car is actually kind of dragging the tire down the road. Is the car running ok?? I would do tires, alignment, maybe run some Chevron techroline fuel system cleaner through it...if those three things don't help I would talk to a mechanic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    The thing is, is that I put the spare on when one went out and I think I bought the mxv4 from michelin. So I think I will just put 4 more on with town fair and then get new alignment and try to get better fuel economy. Right now it says 11, I will try and see what is wrong. I mostly bet that all the littel cracks and crevices in the tire are letting out a Hugggeeeee amount of air. I will also try and see if internals are wrong such as clogged sections or dirty pieces.
    Is your information coming from the onboard computer?? Is so you could be checking it at the wrong time. If I reset mine then check it soon afterwards while setting in traffic I'm getting below 10. After driving for more than 10-20 minutes without stops it will give a accurate reading of 18.5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like

Also you do need to get that spare off ASAP. If there is much tread depth difference in the tires on that car bad things can happen. If the mileage dropped when you put the spare on you may be putting a lot of torque on the drive train. This can cause serious damage.
    If you were happy with the Michelins before you should like the new ones better. For a very comfortable ride, good handling, and traction they are one of the best.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no spare on right now, I have on 4 old michelin mxm4 tires and the spare is the new and improved mxv4 tire. The computer says 11 and the mpg for the car when it was new was 17/25 with a 6 speed automatic and around 300 hp
    Bill 1234

Post Thanks / Like

I might go to the audi service centers and ask why it is getting so low mpg, nothing is broken in the engine and the only thing that I could think of is dirty spark plugs or alignment
    Bill 1234

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast