autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Optimum's Waffle Wash Sponge

Anyone buy/try this new blue sponge? Your impressions.

Looks similar to the white Supernatural sponge that I bought last year for my rinseless washes. Very soft and absorbent and very scratch-free if your go easy on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum's Waffle Wash Sponge

I have been on detailing forums for a long time, and I've seen this go around. Sponges were bad so we all used wool mitts or chenille terry. Then we got open loop microfiber like "The Bone", but around that time grout sponges became the rage, followed by the Shmitt. Then we got chenille microfiber and people started using microfiber towels. Lake Country came out with their sliced and diced version of the grout sponge...and we got a lot more microfiber mitts.

Now Optimum at least seems to be circling us back to The Big Red Sponge and this blue waffle, perhaps because the Shmitt seems to be history.

Post Thanks / Like

So a blue egg-crate mattress trimed down into wash sponges?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I have been on detailing forums for a long time, and I've seen this go around. Sponges were bad so we all used wool mitts or chenille terry. Then we got open loop microfiber like "The Bone", but around that time grout sponges became the rage, followed by the Shmitt. Then we got chenille microfiber and people started using microfiber towels. Lake Country came out with their sliced and diced version of the grout sponge...and we got a lot more microfiber mitts.

Now Optimum at least seems to be circling us back to The Big Red Sponge and this blue waffle, perhaps because the Shmitt seems to be history.
    yes this blue sponge favor the shmitt, I miss the shmitt especially the wheel shmitt, the shmitt should make a comeback.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 215Detailing View Post
    yes this blue sponge favor the shmitt, I miss the shmitt especially the wheel shmitt, the shmitt should make a comeback.
    Yeah, good luck with that, Aaron's making dish sponges.

Post Thanks / Like

The blue foam is ridiculously soft so it's ideal for enthusiasts and those with soft paints that mar easily. It's also a great size and a killer price.

The BRS is dual sided and will last for years. This would be ideal for professional or volume use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

Heh, grout sponges were one of the last things I bought before life got in the way several years ago. Never did try them out- am I missing anything?