autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanoskin DA pad issues

Hi - I'm new and after some browsing this seemed to be the correct place to post this. Apologies if that's incorrect!

This morning after a 2B wash and Iron-x and dry- I pulled out my fine nanoskin pad and put it onto my Boss 21.

This is my 3-4th car with this particular nanoskin pad and the only panel that had been done was the hood. Car was in the garage and I was using A LOT of nanoskin glide as lube.

I'm honestly not sure what happen or how but it's like the pad melted on the spot. Has anyone experienced this?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin DA pad issues

I have been using mine for a while now and haven't seen that.
    What speed are u using?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

4.5 on the BOSS.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know that I would use that pad on a 21mm orbit unit. You may have just melted it from the machine making too much heat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benji00 View Post
    4.5 on the BOSS.
    I really don't know that machine. i have the flex and only use it ion 2 or 3 speed.
    Im gonna assume you have the machine at to high of speed but not 100 percent sure.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    I don't know that I would use that pad on a 21mm orbit unit. You may have just melted it from the machine making too much heat.
    That's initially what I thought as well but I just did a car 2 weeks ago with the BOSS and used the same speed. (I think ha)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Never seen that. My guess is that you had the speed setting too high. Additionally, maybe there was not enough lube on the area that you worked on. The Boss is a beast of a machine...maybe the 21MM orbit was just too much.

I have the same pad, however, I do Nanoskin by hand to get the "feel" if I am getting rid of the contamination.

Either way, let us know how you resolved this as us future Geeks would like to know.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Wow! Never seen that. My guess is that you had the speed setting too high. Additionally, maybe there was not enough lube on the area that you worked on. The Boss is a beast of a machine...maybe the 21MM orbit was just too much.

I have the same pad, however, I do Nanoskin by hand to get the "feel" if I am getting rid of the contamination.

Either way, let us know how you resolved this as us future Geeks would like to know.
    I absolutely will! I used a little tarminator to get the melted part off the bumper.

I reached out to nano directly to ask about a replacement pad.

Sounds like I used too much speed, I hope that's the issue because the BOSS 21 is my only machine.

Kamakaz- do you use the nano mitt ? Do you use a QD or waterless wash on the paint for lube?

I appreciate everyone's insight!

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely will! I used a little tarminator to get the melted part off the bumper.

Sounds like I used too much speed, I hope that's the issue because the BOSS 21 is my only machine.

Kamakaz- do you use the nano mitt ? Do you use a QD or waterless wash on the paint for lube?

I like using Glide with the Nano pad - seems to work the best vs other clay lubes...

You can most likely leave the speed setting at 1...

Post Thanks / Like

I will use a higher concentration of Rinseless Wash in a 32 ounce spray bottle. I will spray the crap out of the panel I am working on as well as spray the pad (black rubber) itself before I start. It seems to be working fine for me that way.

I use the 6" Blue Nanoskin Disc Pad that's for the DA and I use the Blue Sponge too. Lately, I have been using the Disc Pad more because it covers more area and it is thinner than the sponge and IMO you can feel the removal of contamination better.

As for the rinseless wash I am using the Aquawax Rinsless Wash. When I run out I will try another type of rinseless wash. I hope this helps.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast