autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Nope just running the factory sun joe stuff minus hose, which I’ll be swapping back to until I can make this flexzilla work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would just contact MTM - get a quick connect adapter setup - they are well versed in the needed quick connections for both hose and PW ends....

Not only a solution to the problem it's nice to quickly disconnect the hose for coiling / storage.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno if the quick connects would work. I think if I go to the trouble I may just get an mtm kit. Dunno kind of want a better pressure washer than what I’ve got

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    SunJoe has that whole 15mm - 14mm wonkiness going one. Usually this fitting will step it to the right size:

MTM Hydro M22 14mm Plug x M22 15mm Plug Conversion Adaptor #24.0481 – MTM Hydro Parts
    This is pretty much the reason I won’t ever buy a pressure washer that doesn’t use standard sized fittings. It’s absolutely ridiculous to need a workaround for something that shouldn’t be a problem in the first place.

I think when my green works 1500 dies I’ll probably upgrade to something like a kranzle 1122ts. I’m not really set up to mount a hose reel on the wall, so rolling up my 50’ kobrajet hose is honestly a little cumbersome and sort of a pain. Would be great on a reel though.

I really just don’t understand why companies think having non standard fittings is an attractive selling point.

4. Likes PaulMys, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post

I really just don’t understand why companies think having non standard fittings is an attractive selling point.

It's not a selling point, Fin. It's saving a buck a unit by using cheap, non-standard fittings.

And I totally agree with you about never buying one that does use these.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    It's not a selling point, Fin. It's saving a buck a unit by using cheap, non-standard fittings.

And I totally agree with you about never buying one that does use these.
    I guess so, but I Just can't imagine using a regular and more common mass produced fitting (even a cheap one) would be that much more. So to me it just doesn't even make any sense other than to trap people into buying crap with their "special" fittings (kind of the point - I guess.) I get that a lot of people don't mind throwing an adapter on their and rolling with it, but considering the other options out there it just seems weird these PWs still get purchased. Maybe it just bothers me a lot more than it should, lol.

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    ...... would be that much more.
    Crazy, I know. But this is what the suits and bean counters figure out.

For every guy like us, there are a million Joe M. Homeowner's (M stands for Moron) that have no clue, and wouldn't understand this thread if their life depended on it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was a gift,do it over I’d get a gas and be done

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a list of good, fairly inexpensive electric pressure washers with standard fittings that y’all recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

Quote Originally Posted by engineerwolf View Post
    Is there a list of good, fairly inexpensive electric pressure washers with standard fittings that y’all recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    The OG YouTube channel has a huge series that was done on consumer grade (and some allegedly professional grade) pressure washers. Long videos, but he goes through each model that each brand offers and tests them (crude tests, but information that wasn’t out there in any way/shape/form nonetheless.)

I found the entry level models to seem to be the best value from what I saw in his videos. There’s just not enough of a jump in performance (sometimes even a decrease) to step up to the “nicer” models, imo.

I thought the greenworks pressure washers performed admirably for a decent price, but there was a couple other brands that used standard fittings but I can’t think of them off the top of my head.

Edit: if I’m remembering correctly his recommendation based on all the ones he’d tested (55 in total, I think) was the karcher k1700 cube.

Post Thanks / Like

I found this thread while looking for a longer pressure washer hose. My Powerplay spyder 2300 has a 15ft hose and while its usable, especially with four wheels - I prefer not to have to drag it with me to go around the car. I'm thinking to return it to pick up a Sun Joe SPX3001 that comes a with hose reel.

For those who have owned or experienced SPX3000 and SPX3001, is the extra cost worth it for the hose reel?

My spyder 2030 is terrible for storage because its half the size of an average pressure washer. You need to take wand apart for storage and you can't store the hose without detaching it either. Also, Spyder 2030 is 2030 PSI at 1.4 GPM. Both Sun Joe are rated at 2030 PIS at 1.76 GPM, which I think supposedly produces thicker foams. And lastly, not the best improvement, the hose length for Sun Joe is 25 ft vs 15 ft on the Spyder.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
    Check out my YouTube Channel!

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast