autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    have you tested psi on a 2.5 nozzle? after watching all those videos that matt at og made i assume you want around 1000 psi to wash a car so 900 sounds good.
    We where discussion Calendyrs PW. He has the 2.5 orifice oem. I have so I can setting the pressure from my spray gun handle on the Kärcher K7 Full Control Premium Flex with the specs 2600psi 2.6gpm and it's on 240v electric outlet. So I can go very low and up to 2250psi which is the workload rated psi. Cause some don't put the workload psi on the PW you have but only the peak psi recommended that the PW can handle. And that is often the electric motor that is the bottleneck on electric PW.

I know Matt is recommending the 1000psi. IMO with 1000psi and the 40 angle nozzle tip you don't get a good cleaning ability from the PW. The pressure is too low and the width is too large. And you will be working more closely to the paint with such of setup. With a 2.0gpm with that setup you get a PW to rinse off the car soap after the wash. But if you where to clean the car with the water pressure from the PW you would have a 25 angle nozzle tip or smaller and a psi at least over 1500psi. To get a good cleaning ability from the PW. And that's for me important before I wash the car and mostly when cleaning the prewash foam off the car. To get the paint as clean as possible before touching it. The rinse bucket is almost clean after a wash when I'm done. With the smaller specs PW I had before I got a dirtier water in the rinse bucket. So it's very different what kind of environment you live in and how long between the washes you have.

With a higher psi and smaller width of the nozzle tip you hold the nozzle tip farther away from the paint. And still gets a better cleaning ability. If you do as he do and hold your hand about 3-4 feet away from the PW nozzle tip and move it closer until you feel it's hurting your skin. There you have the distance to be safe to not damage the paint. And then it takes a lot of pressure and flow on a 15-40 angle nozzle tip to damage the paint. It's more sensitive to when the paint is already damage and where the trim is attached and the water cooler radiator when spraying into the front grill. But to be on the safe side it's a great measure to do the hand test infront of the nozzle tip. When you clean inside of the wheels and wheel wells with a snub-gun a 1000psi and the 40angle nozzle tip is great as you have the nozzle tip so close when doing that. And to have the water flow to rinse off the car soap after the washing it's also good. But if I put the 40 angle nozzle tip with the 3.0 orifice on my PW when rinsing it off. I could hold the nozzle tip farther away from the paint and get a wider spread of the water and the same effective rinse but faster as I cover more surface.

Have Matt at OG mentioned why the 1000psi is the sweet for him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I think that both uses the 2.5 nozzle as it's the rated max pressure. I'm not certain of the steps in the nozzle orifices. But if you would use a 2.0 nozzle you get above the peak psi recommended. And that's also why I think it's equiped with a 2.5 nozzle orifice. Would have been great if there where a 2.25 nozzle orifice. That way you would be in the safe side of peak psi. You would have 1550psi from the nozzle. A 2.25 nozzle orifice could be able to find with those that is mounted in the wand and is no quick connect. There is often a wider options than the QC ones. And then chose one with the angle you want. I would test with a 15 or 20 degree if available. If you don't know what I mean I could se if I find one with it on. But look at the original kränzle wand and I think IIRC they have those nozzles. And then have a second wand with QC and 2.5 nozzle orifice tips to if you need a wider or smaller option on the angle on nozzle tip or accessories.

Nice that your backup PW had higher specs if even so little. Then you can get experience if it does anything with the little increase of psi. And this is not only by nozzle tip it can change. It's also depending on the spray gun handle and that specs. But there I'm not so familier with how it changes if you use one that can handle 5000psi or 3000psi for an example. There is also how much flow it can do. When Matt at OG did his testing it would be interesting if there is any change if he had the psi gauge at the wand instead of before the spray gun handle. But it's more important when you go up to the industrial gas PW or those we have on the 440v electric outlets here.

I have access to a wash bay where they clean semi-trucks and tractors and such. It's a hot water PW on 440v that is very powerfull. My stepfather was with me and he was not prepared to the power from it. He standed not so good and didn't hold the PW wand so hard. And when he trigged the PW he was almost falling backwards LOL. When I used it I held the nozzle 4-5 feet away of the car. And the width it was effectively cleaning was almost 2 feet wide. Didn't take long to cleaning the prewash product of my car and his Nissan Navara work truck. The spray on rinse off with Gyeon Wet Coat on his truck was very fast. He sprayed it on and I rinsed it off teamwork style LOL. Around 5 minutes I think it took. Unfortuneally they are selling this wash bay as they have downsized the fleet of semi-trucks. Would be a great building to have a detailing shop made. A garage and office and the wash bay in the building now. So an easy way to set it up. Hehe a little off topic LOL

Would be intresting to hear if you try out different nozzles and how it works.

/ Tony
    Right now my PWs come with 0 degree, 15 degree and soap dispenser nozzles. So I will be getting 25 degree and 45 degree nozzles to see if the wider spray makes cleaning the cars easier/faster.

I will switch my whole appartus to the other pressure washer, so longer hose and short gun. I am thinking about buying a flexzilla hose next summer, they seems better than what I am using.

Hot water would be amazing, but I am mobile and work at client's places. So even if I had a PW that could handle it, I have only seen hot water taps twice in 7 years... so it's not something I can really make use of.

3. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With the 3.0 nozzle orifice you would get just below 900psi. It would be great when used on engine bay cleaning and the undercarriage cleaning. There are a wand where the tip of it has a 90 angle which is awesome to clean the undercarriage with a 40 angle 3.0 nozzle orifice would be great and QC it on the wand so you get the double length of it. And the 3.0 nozzle orifice would suit on the spray gun handle directly when you clean the wheels and wheel wells if you need to be going into it closely. There I can see the use of a lower psi.
    Good idea, I had not thought of that. I don't use a pressure washer in engine bays but if the pressure was much lower and the angles much wider, it should be safe and more effective than a hose.

Thanks for the recommendation, I added that to my purchase list

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We where discussion Calendyrs PW. He has the 2.5 orifice oem. I have so I can setting the pressure from my spray gun handle on the Kärcher K7 Full Control Premium Flex with the specs 2600psi 2.6gpm and it's on 240v electric outlet. So I can go very low and up to 2250psi which is the workload rated psi. Cause some don't put the workload psi on the PW you have but only the peak psi recommended that the PW can handle. And that is often the electric motor that is the bottleneck on electric PW.

I know Matt is recommending the 1000psi. IMO with 1000psi and the 40 angle nozzle tip you don't get a good cleaning ability from the PW. The pressure is too low and the width is too large. And you will be working more closely to the paint with such of setup. With a 2.0gpm with that setup you get a PW to rinse off the car soap after the wash. But if you where to clean the car with the water pressure from the PW you would have a 25 angle nozzle tip or smaller and a psi at least over 1500psi. To get a good cleaning ability from the PW. And that's for me important before I wash the car and mostly when cleaning the prewash foam off the car. To get the paint as clean as possible before touching it. The rinse bucket is almost clean after a wash when I'm done. With the smaller specs PW I had before I got a dirtier water in the rinse bucket. So it's very different what kind of environment you live in and how long between the washes you have.

With a higher psi and smaller width of the nozzle tip you hold the nozzle tip farther away from the paint. And still gets a better cleaning ability. If you do as he do and hold your hand about 3-4 feet away from the PW nozzle tip and move it closer until you feel it's hurting your skin. There you have the distance to be safe to not damage the paint. And then it takes a lot of pressure and flow on a 15-40 angle nozzle tip to damage the paint. It's more sensitive to when the paint is already damage and where the trim is attached and the water cooler radiator when spraying into the front grill. But to be on the safe side it's a great measure to do the hand test infront of the nozzle tip. When you clean inside of the wheels and wheel wells with a snub-gun a 1000psi and the 40angle nozzle tip is great as you have the nozzle tip so close when doing that. And to have the water flow to rinse off the car soap after the washing it's also good. But if I put the 40 angle nozzle tip with the 3.0 orifice on my PW when rinsing it off. I could hold the nozzle tip farther away from the paint and get a wider spread of the water and the same effective rinse but faster as I cover more surface.

I asked him in the comments of one of the videos and he simply said he felt it was safer and did not want to take any risk. So I don't know if he did any testing or read any articles stating that 1000 psi was best. On the website of Simoniz, they state that 2000 psi is the max that is recommended for cars. They don't mention sweet spots of safest pressure.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i think he said that if he puts his hand in front of the spray and it hurts then it will hurt the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    i think he said that if he puts his hand in front of the spray and it hurts then it will hurt the paint.
    Absolutely it's a good measure to go with. But then that distance is where you would have the nozzle tip. So if you have the place around the vehical it would not be any problems with a higher psi. And IME when you have a 40 degree nozzle tip you get a thinner stream of water. And that's hurts the hand sooner and with the water flow spread wider. You loose the water flow on the smaller specs PW with low gpm. And cause of that you get a less effective cleaning ability from the PW.

But once again it's personal preference which way works for you. A nozzle tip is not much money to get both a 2.0 and 2.5 nozzle tip. And test which suits you best. If those nozzle tip orifice suit the PW you have.

@Calendyr. For cars is 2000psi a good pressure to have. With higher psi you would need to be holding the PW nozzle tip 3-4 feet away of the car. And with higher psi it's more uses on tractors and semi-trucks and RV. Bigger surface where you also have the space to be enough away from the vehicals.

Just don't use the 0 degree nozzle tip anywhere near a vehical. As that is something that will damage the paint even on rather low psi. That includes the turbo nozzle tip too as it's a 0 degree orifice that spinns. I use that on stone and such harder surfaces to clean them. Which is very effective to do and the surface almost looks like new again. I had a lift and had the PW with me up over the house I live in. And cleaned the roofing tiles from moss and algea and bird drop.

Here is how it looked when I started.

Here I have cleaned with the turbo nozzle tip on upper half of the roofing tiles. Then when all was done I sprayed on a chemical that gets the moss and algea to not grow for up to 2 years. Had been thought about mount a copper band on the top roofing tile. Which says to be effective to not let the moss and algea to grow again.

But be very carefull with useing the 0 degree nozzle tip as it's very strong even on a little PW.

I meant those PW with built in water heater that goes on diesel. But there is only one I know of that runs on 220v-240v. That would be to use a 220v-240v gas generator. But that setup is pricey and think the hot water PW would just above 2000$. And there are some big ones available and some is driven on diesel even the water pump. But those cost above 4000$ and are not something used when detailing. More for barns cement floors and big machines and trains. They are impresive though what's out there. And kränzle has those big hot water PW and even with steam on them that they manufactures. A little of topic LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

So, has anyone with a SPX3001 ever been able to find this type of fitting quoted below? I've been reading this thread and someone mentioned they bought one very similar with a threaded end, but they never provided an update. Also, someone mentioned taking it to a local business to see if they could help in any way...no updates from that either.

I REALLY would like to be able to use this attached reel on this thing. I ended up buying the SunJoe 25ft extension and have been using that for a few weeks. I can get it on the reel, but it's a PITA to finagle that coupled hose extension on the reel. Plus, both of those SunJoe hoses are just pure poo. A 1/4" 50ft hose would work nicely with this reel. I want to buy a decent 1/4" 50ft hose and put a female 1/4 QC and use M22-14mm connectors with my sprayer and foamer. Watching OG pressure washer videos with Matt, he mentions that he never noticed a flow or pressure difference between 1/4 hoses and 3/8 hoses. With that, I'd rather keep it 1/4 inch for maneuverability etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride92 View Post
    This is the end connector in question. It is held in place by a clip that goes into a brass swivel. There is another connector just like this that connects the feeder hose to the reel on the outside of the reel. If I can find what connector it is and maybe get one that I can put on a regular hose I should be good to go.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For the less technically oriented. What do I need to convert my SPX 3000 from the M22 to 3/8" quick connect hose?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    So, has anyone with a SPX3001 ever been able to find this type of fitting quoted below? I've been reading this thread and someone mentioned they bought one very similar with a threaded end, but they never provided an update. Also, someone mentioned taking it to a local business to see if they could help in any way...no updates from that either.

I REALLY would like to be able to use this attached reel on this thing. I ended up buying the SunJoe 25ft extension and have been using that for a few weeks. I can get it on the reel, but it's a PITA to finagle that coupled hose extension on the reel. Plus, both of those SunJoe hoses are just pure poo. A 1/4" 50ft hose would work nicely with this reel. I want to buy a decent 1/4" 50ft hose and put a female 1/4 QC and use M22-14mm connectors with my sprayer and foamer. Watching OG pressure washer videos with Matt, he mentions that he never noticed a flow or pressure difference between 1/4 hoses and 3/8 hoses. With that, I'd rather keep it 1/4 inch for maneuverability etc.
    What kind of fittings are on the washer? I think you're going to have a hard time finding adapters for what's pictured here.

My 50 ft 3/8" Simpson hose kinks much less often than the stock 1/4" hose that came with my Greenworks washer.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know if the Spx 3000 will do ok with a 50’ 5/16 hose vs a 50’ 1/4 hose. Talking ID to clarify

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast