autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

Bump for more input

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dead thread?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez. This is simple and yet confusing all at the same time because there are so many variables involved.

This question is about the Sun Joe. I realize that its pressure hose outlet is the less common M22-15mm size. Several of you have posted links to adapters that will allow you to use it with with either the stock hose, or with a more common sized aftermarket hose, which is what I'm looking to do (I need a longer hose). I haven't seen anyone post a link to this adapter yet:

Amazon.com: Twinkle Star 3/8" Quick Connect NPT to M22 15mm Metric Fitting for High Pressure Washer Gun and Hose, TWIS283: Garden & Outdoor

It's an M22-15mm female end to connect to the Sun Joe's hose outlet, and the other end is a standard female 3/8" QD. Is this adapter any better or worse than some of the others that have been posted? Then you'd need a hose with a male 3/8" QD on the end to mate up with this adapter.

I'm imagining myself going through the motions of connecting things together, and in my mind it *seems* like it would be easier and/or more ergonomic to have female QDs on the hose side of the connection. It would then possibly be more of a 1 hand operation to connect things together vs having one hand on a hose with a male QD and having to use the other hand to pull back the collar on the female QD attached to the unit.

So... that begs the question - has anyone been able to source an adapter that has an M22-15mm female on one end and a 3/8" male QD on the other end? Here's the M22-14mm version:

Amazon.com: Twinkle Star Pressure Washer Twist Connect M22 14mm X 3/8" Quick Disconnect Plug High Pressure Brass Fitting Quick Coupler Nipple, 5000 PSI, TWIS281: Garden & Outdoor

I know it can be done using multiple adapters, but I'm trying to see if it can be done with just one.

Post Thanks / Like

Like the wand also where can I get one, I just hate the electric cord that goes on the sun Joe spx3000 gets so twisted every time.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Struggle was real with the short hose on my Sunjoe SPX3001 (had to move the unit to get to the other side of the car) so purchased the heavy duty extension hose from Sunjoe (SPX-24HD) for my SPX3001. Problem with it is that I can't fully reel in the house because the coupling between the hoses is quite bulky.

Given that I already had the extension hose, what I did was the following

Purchased

2 - 3/8 coupler adapter M22 metric/15mm for pressure washer hose non standard size

^ I connected one of them to the stock hose, and connected the other to the extension hose.

1 - M22 /15mm x 3/8 NPT Female Adapter (Non Standard size M22) Sun Joe

^ I connected the above to the other end of the extension hose

1 - M22 - 15mm Twist Connect x 3\8 NPT Female Non (Standard M22 Connector)

^ I hooked up the above to the stock gun/wand to convert it to quick disconnect.

1 - MTM Hydro 22.0431 Swivel Brass AG35 3/8F x 3/8M 655726473074

^ Hooked it up to the twist connect above to allow for swivel

2 - 3/8 NPT Male -> 3/8 Quick Disconnect Plug - Stainless

^ I hooked up on of these plugs to the swivel I purchased above. The other one I used on the extension hose end (quick disconnect between the existing hose, and the extension hose).

Now that the stock stuff is all quick disconnect with swivel, I purchased the following as my foam cannon setup.

1 - MTM SGS-28 (built in swivel)

1 - 3/8 NPT Male -> 3/8 Quick Disconnect Plug - Stainless

^ Connected this to the inlet swivel / port of the pressure washer gun.

1 - 1/4 Male NPT to Quick Disconnect - Stainless

^ Connected this to the outlet of the MTM gun

I use the MTM gun with my cheap eBay foam cannon, works great.

To wash the car, I just extend the hose from the reel about 6 feet, I quick-connect the extension hose to it. I then connect either my Sunjoe gun for washing, or the SGS-28 to it for foaming. Would have been nice if Sunjoe included a 35 foot hose stock though so there would have been no need for an extension for washing a car.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody here tried the new brushless induction units from Sunjoe? Lot quieter?

Talking about the SPX3500 and the SPX3501

Post Thanks / Like

Well my cheap hose finally developed a bubble - so I took the opportunity to upgrade.... EVERYTHING from the PW out.....

I just got of the phone with the folks at MTM.... What great customer service - they acknowledged Sun Joe is odd with their M22 sizing - and they are almost ready to supply an adapter - they are actually sending me over a test version to connect the the new hose to the PW and if it works they think they'll be able to make adapters available to the public starting in Oct sometime.

I not only went with an new MTM Hose (50 ft) - but new Gun with built in Swivel as well as the PF22 Foam Cannon to replace my Amazon cheapo....

I have to admit there was quite a bit of yelling on my part over the last year without a swivel on my hose either.... So really excited for all the new parts.

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grovlet View Post
    Well my cheap hose finally developed a bubble - so I took the opportunity to upgrade.... EVERYTHING from the PW out.....

I just got of the phone with the folks at MTM.... What great customer service - they acknowledged Sun Joe is odd with their M22 sizing - and they are almost ready to supply an adapter - they are actually sending me over a test version to connect the the new hose to the PW and if it works they think they'll be able to make adapters available to the public starting in Oct sometime.

I not only went with an new MTM Hose (50 ft) - but new Gun with built in Swivel as well as the PF22 Foam Cannon to replace my Amazon cheapo....

I have to admit there was quite a bit of yelling on my part over the last year without a swivel on my hose either.... So really excited for all the new parts.
    Please post pics of your setup when you get it all together

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Please post pics of your setup when you get it all together
    I've FAILED on pics so far.... Although I have used it a little since receiving parts

Here's what I did for parts:
    MTM Hydro Magnum 28 Foam Kit = SGS28 Gun with built in Swivel & PF22 Foam Cannon
    MTM KobraJet 50' Hose = 4,000 PSI 3/8" with upgraded Quick Connects
    18" Lance Extension
    1/4" Steel FPT Plug
    1/4" Steel FPT Quick Connect Coupler
    Nozzle Set - 2.0 Orifice Size
    Specialized Sun Joe M22/Quick Connect Coupler - Call MTM for part - but looks similar to linked part # - Could also try Amazon Parts linked in post above

Ultimately I am am quite happy with the parts though = excellent foaming from Foam Gun and pressure from washer is rock steady now + it seems to be happier and not re-pressurize when on but not spraying.... Again might seem expensive - but certainly worth while upgrades

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grovlet View Post
    I've FAILED on pics so far.... Although I have used it a little since receiving parts

Here's what I did for parts:
    MTM Hydro Magnum 28 Foam Kit = SGS28 Gun with built in Swivel & PF22 Foam Cannon
    MTM KobraJet 50' Hose = 4,000 PSI 3/8" with upgraded Quick Connects
    18" Lance Extension
    1/4" Steel FPT Plug
    1/4" Steel FPT Quick Connect Coupler
    Nozzle Set - 2.0 Orifice Size
    Specialized Sun Joe M22/Quick Connect Coupler - Call MTM for part - but looks similar to linked part # - Could also try Amazon Parts linked in post above

Ultimately I am am quite happy with the parts though = excellent foaming from Foam Gun and pressure from washer is rock steady now + it seems to be happier and not re-pressurize when on but not spraying.... Again might seem expensive - but certainly worth while upgrades
    very nice setup!

I have the exact same gun with a 50" foot hose on my Sun Joe. Greatly improves the functionality of it.

Do you have any issues with stepping down to 2.0 orifice? Just wondering if it makes the pump strain.

BTW, the yellow 15 degree Sun Joe nozzle has a narrower fan than the 15 degree MTM nozzles. Since you can use the SJ nozzles on your gun or lance it seems to produce more pressure and gives you another option for cleaning tires, etc.

Also, that swivel sure makes life better!

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast