autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    Whats the point of the pressure gauge?

Just curious as rated PSI for most machines is measured at the tip of the nozzles. Meaning, if you put the tip of the nozzle right on the surface to be cleaned, you'd get XXXX PSI of pressure.

Compression is still happening in the lance and tip (at least if the tip has a smaller diameter orifice than the wand). Measurements at the hose connection port are somewhat inconsequential as the fitting diameter, hose diameter, wand diameter and taper and the selected nozzle can all still affect the final PSI rating.
    You're correct. Pressure gauge is inconsequential for small machine like SunJoe. I use it once in a while on my other machine.

CAT pump

Honda engine

Post Thanks / Like

So you're using it to dial back pressure some how to safely clean with higher powered machines. Given a low enough pressure at the wand handle, I suppose you could ball park a more safe PSI to wash at. Not a bad idea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    So you're using it to dial back pressure some how to safely clean with higher powered machines. Given a low enough pressure at the wand handle, I suppose you could ball park a more safe PSI to wash at. Not a bad idea
    Yes, you can dial back the PSI using the uploader (black knob on second pic w/ a rubberband around it). Again, i rarely use it because i usually soft wash houses using much bigger nozzle orifice, hence the PSI coming out is very low but lots of water shooting out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    Lee,

Thanks for the help. I'll post pics when I get it together.

Purchased a sunjoe3000 (from Walmart with 3 years of extra protection for $18), a Simpson 50' hose, brass fittings for water supply, and the wand/quick connect/short pipe supplies from northern tool. I am looking forward to the short wand set up that will be great for foam cannon and its ease of use.
    Thanks for sharing your set up. I definitely benefitted from your previous experience -- it made it easy. Can't wait!
    David
    David, did you get it all up and running?

My SPX3000 just arrived. Our setups are likely exactly the same!
    - Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaveRacing View Post
    David, did you get it all up and running?

My SPX3000 just arrived. Our setups are likely exactly the same!
    Not yet. The Memorial Day price was cut everywhere by sun joe so I took my receipt and unit back to Walmart and got it for the $153 sale price. All my connectors and quick connects came in from northern tool, so I'll get it all ready this week. I'll post pics when it comes together!!!

Thanks again.

David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    Not yet. The Memorial Day price was cut everywhere by sun joe so I took my receipt and unit back to Walmart and got it for the $153 sale price. All my connectors and quick connects came in from northern tool, so I'll get it all ready this week. I'll post pics when it comes together!!!

Thanks again.

David
    Awesome. I should have all of mine up and running this weekend. Oh, be sure to wrap some Teflon tape on the little brass pipe that is your short wand. I think you can see it in my photos. You shouldn't have to manhandle it since it is pipe thread, but Teflon tape helps it tighten more easily so you should get leak-free connections.
    - Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Those that want a flexzilla but cant find it will be pleased with this hose. Its the same thing but in blue....I own both so Im not talking out my butt.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post
    So I bought a whole set of M22 - 3/8" Quick Disconnect adapters at Home Depot, however the Female M22 end is too small to fit the Male M22 end on the SunJoe hose. Are there varying sizes of M22 connectors?? I thought an M22 was an M22?
    First time poster and I just recently purchased a Sun Joe SPX3000 from Walmart for $159 and got cashback which made the deal even better. Bought a foam gun (MTM Hydro) from dipyourcar.com along with soap and quick connect adapters for the garden hose.

I also bought a whole set of M22 Quick Connect adapters from Home Depot. It wouldn't fit.

On the female end of the hose, the inner circle was wider than the opening on the HD adapters. I ordered a used/returned Amazon.com: Apache 10085591 Thermoplastic Rubber Black Pressure Washer Hose, M22 Female x M22 Female Connection, 3700 PSI Maximum Pressure, 50' Length, 5/16" ID: Industrial & Scientific for $33 from Amazon. Hopefully it will fit the adapters. I've saw some of the links that was posted but some had a 1/4 diameter for the hose which would result in less water. 5/16 is the closest I saw to the 3/8 diameter hose.

Now I have to find a nice weekend to wash my car.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iazybandit View Post
    First time poster and I just recently purchased a Sun Joe SPX3000 from Walmart for $159 and got cashback which made the deal even better. Bought a foam gun (MTM Hydro) from dipyourcar.com along with soap and quick connect adapters for the garden hose.

I also bought a whole set of M22 Quick Connect adapters from Home Depot. It wouldn't fit.

On the female end of the hose, the inner circle was wider than the opening on the HD adapters. I ordered a used/returned Amazon.com: Apache 10085591 Thermoplastic Rubber Black Pressure Washer Hose, M22 Female x M22 Female Connection, 3700 PSI Maximum Pressure, 50' Length, 5/16" ID: Industrial & Scientific for $33 from Amazon. Hopefully it will fit the adapters. I've saw some of the links that was posted but some had a 1/4 diameter for the hose which would result in less water. 5/16 is the closest I saw to the 3/8 diameter hose.

Received the hose and the Home Depot quick connects were a perfect fit. Going to give it a try over the weekend.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Received the hose and the Home Depot quick connects were a perfect fit. Going to give it a try over the weekend.
    I ended up returning the hose due to possible loss of pressure - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...sher-hose.html

I returned it and ended up getting Apache 50' 1/4 diameter hose - Apache 10085585 Engineered Hybrid Polymer Xtreme Flex Pressure Washer Hose, Female Metric Connection, 3100 psi Maximum Pressure, 50' Length, 1/4" ID: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Washed 3 cars with it. Worked well but probably a bit too long for my needs. Fairly light in weight, fit the Home Depot quick connects. Even after straightening the hose (to the best that I could) and uncoiling it, it seem like it still coiled a little. I never used the SJ 20' hose that came with it so I can't compare if there was a loss in pressure but it worked well for washing cars.

I also ordered a 30' hose from Lowes per suggestion of CaveRacing - Shop Blue Hawk 30-ft Pressure Washer Hose at Lowes.com

It's only 10' more than SJ, diameter is 1/4 which is the same as SJ. Going to give it a try the next time I wash the car or pressure wash my PVC fence

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast