autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    Lee, I like the short wand. Is that an off the shelf part that is easy to find, e.g., Lowes, HD, etc.?

I have not looked for one but the versatility and ease of use are appealing.

David
    Thanks, David! Not to threadjack, but here is what I used:

Quick Connector Couplings

I know it says discontinued, but surely they still have a similar item, perhaps just a different brand. It should be easy to find.

The little extendo piece that IS the short wand

Trigger Spray Gun

I love the short wand. I have the male end of the quick-connect couple in my foam cannon and the female coupler on the end of the wand. I can easily switch from cannon to spray tip. The short wand is so much easier to handle, too.
    - Lee

Post Thanks / Like

I took some pic of my setup today but didn't have time to upload them. Also my MTM cannon arrived in the mail today. Took a whole 60sec to set it up I did use it on my SUV and it's awesome. I've been using the Gilmour foam master for a few years and it works. However, the snow white foam that the MTM cannon produces is freaking nice. And the foam linger on the car a long time.

As caveracing stated, our setup is very similar. We probably using the same gun. We both have quick connect on our setup. I think mine may have a couple more QC. One being at the waterhose inlet, and another is the ballvalve that i used. I am using the ballvalve that has QC so i can shut off the water flow and change to longer wand if i need to. I LOVE using QC, it make your life so much simple, or maybe i am just LAZY

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes... disconnects everywhere. I also have one on the water inlet as well as the matching one on the water hose. I keep a shutoff valve on the end of the water hose, too. This makes it easy to remove the water hose from the pressure washer when I do a final rinse. Close the valve, disconnect, open the valve. I don't have to go to the hose bib to turn it off/on. Like you said, quick-connects make everything so much easier!
    - Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaveRacing View Post
    Thanks, David! Not to threadjack, but here is what I used:

Quick Connector Couplings

I know it says discontinued, but surely they still have a similar item, perhaps just a different brand. It should be easy to find.

The little extendo piece that IS the short wand

Trigger Spray Gun

I love the short wand. I have the male end of the quick-connect couple in my foam cannon and the female coupler on the end of the wand. I can easily switch from cannon to spray tip. The short wand is so much easier to handle, too.
    Lee, awesome!! Thanks for info. Is the wand thread size on the trigger 1/4"? Is the input thread size m22? Will a garden hose fit the input or only the quick connector?

Thanks for the help...I'm going to get it.

David

Post Thanks / Like

David, no problem!! hat particular spray trigger has an M22 male inlet and a 1/4" threaded female outlet. I think it lists it on the specs when you scroll down. Do you have a Northern Tool where you're located? I bought mine in the store. I don't know if they still have the same selection in store now, but when I bought it, they had several from which to choose.

A garden hose won't fit unless you find a way to convert the hose thread to M22. So basically you can connect the M22-to-3/8" quick connector like I did or you can connect the pressure washer hose directly, assuming it is also M22.
    - Lee

Post Thanks / Like

I can't seem to find a "garden" hose that I use for washing that doesn't kink. Been through a few already specifically branded with "no kink". Frustrating to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gibson24 View Post
    I can't seem to find a "garden" hose that I use for washing that doesn't kink. Been through a few already specifically branded with "no kink". Frustrating to say the least.
    This is the one i am using. Sears.com
    Never ever kink on me yet. And never leak either. Life time warrantee. If it ever leaks or bursts, bring it back to sears and they'll get you a new one. It's ~ $22 on sale and they go on sale pretty often.

Post Thanks / Like

Lee, thanks. One last question. Does the diameter of the pressure hose matter? The Simpson is 3/8" and it has been suggested that a 1/4" hose provides better pressure and flow for use with sun joe. Any truth to that or impact of using the 3/8"?

I like the Simpson you suggested, just checking to see if any concern before I pull the trigger.

Thanks...you have been most helpful in helping put my system together.

David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snellvilleauto View Post
    This is the one i am using. Sears.com
    Never ever kink on me yet. And never leak either. Life time warrantee. If it ever leaks or bursts, bring it back to sears and they'll get you a new one. It's ~ $22 on sale and they go on sale pretty often.
    That's the exact same water hose I use, too. HA!! I had one at my old house for several years and left it when I moved. I bought another one on sale and I've never had a problem, either. As Snellville said, it never leaks or kinks. Best hose I've ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    Lee, thanks. One last question. Does the diameter of the pressure hose matter? The Simpson is 3/8" and it has been suggested that a 1/4" hose provides better pressure and flow for use with sun joe. Any truth to that or impact of using the 3/8"?

I like the Simpson you suggested, just checking to see if any concern before I pull the trigger.

Thanks...you have been most helpful in helping put my system together.

David
    My pressure washer, like most, came with a 25 ft 1/4" hose. I wanted to stay with a similar diameter as I thought going too big would reduce the pressure. The Simpson is only 1/16" larger than the original hose, so I figured this would be fine. Supposedly you lose a tiny bit of pressure as you go to a longer hose, but I think it is negligible. I didn't notice a change in pressure when I switched to the longer one. I've never seen an electric pressure washer (like the ones we all discuss here) that use a 3/8" hose, so I didn't want to chance it.

It does take just a few more seconds to get the air out of the hose before turning on the pressure washer the first time, but that's not a big deal at all.
    - Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. Order being placed at NT today with your set up.

Sincere thanks...my detailing life is enriched!!!

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast