autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post
    very nice setup!

I have the exact same gun with a 50" foot hose on my Sun Joe. Greatly improves the functionality of it.

Do you have any issues with stepping down to 2.0 orifice? Just wondering if it makes the pump strain.

BTW, the yellow 15 degree Sun Joe nozzle has a narrower fan than the 15 degree MTM nozzles. Since you can use the SJ nozzles on your gun or lance it seems to produce more pressure and gives you another option for cleaning tires, etc.

Also, that swivel sure makes life better!
    Quite the opposite on the 2.0 nozzles- It feels like the pump is much happier.... Pressure is great and consistent. if you follow the specs on the SPX3000 and mate to MTMs nozzle size guide 2.0 is their recommended sizing - and yup original Sun Joe nozzles also fit and work as well.

And Swivel may be the best part of it for sure!!

Post Thanks / Like

I run 2.0 with my spx3000 and she runs very nicely. I did a pressure test and 2.0 orifice seems to yield the highest PSI (1300-1400), 2.5 stepped it down a bit to around 1100. Cant go wrong with either in my opinion. I just wished these units had a higher flow rate.

3. Thanks Wknd Dtlr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdale View Post
    Geez. This is simple and yet confusing all at the same time because there are so many variables involved.

This question is about the Sun Joe. I realize that its pressure hose outlet is the less common M22-15mm size. Several of you have posted links to adapters that will allow you to use it with with either the stock hose, or with a more common sized aftermarket hose, which is what I'm looking to do (I need a longer hose). I haven't seen anyone post a link to this adapter yet:

Amazon.com: Twinkle Star 3/8" Quick Connect NPT to M22 15mm Metric Fitting for High Pressure Washer Gun and Hose, TWIS283: Garden & Outdoor

It's an M22-15mm female end to connect to the Sun Joe's hose outlet, and the other end is a standard female 3/8" QD. Is this adapter any better or worse than some of the others that have been posted? Then you'd need a hose with a male 3/8" QD on the end to mate up with this adapter.

I'm imagining myself going through the motions of connecting things together, and in my mind it *seems* like it would be easier and/or more ergonomic to have female QDs on the hose side of the connection. It would then possibly be more of a 1 hand operation to connect things together vs having one hand on a hose with a male QD and having to use the other hand to pull back the collar on the female QD attached to the unit.

So... that begs the question - has anyone been able to source an adapter that has an M22-15mm female on one end and a 3/8" male QD on the other end? Here's the M22-14mm version:

Amazon.com: Twinkle Star Pressure Washer Twist Connect M22 14mm X 3/8" Quick Disconnect Plug High Pressure Brass Fitting Quick Coupler Nipple, 5000 PSI, TWIS281: Garden & Outdoor

I know it can be done using multiple adapters, but I'm trying to see if it can be done with just one.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GNJFWNR...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGC View Post
    I run 2.0 with my spx3000 and she runs very nicely. I did a pressure test and 2.0 orifice seems to yield the highest PSI (1300-1400), 2.5 stepped it down a bit to around 1100. Cant go wrong with either in my opinion. I just wished these units had a higher flow rate.
    can you feel the difference between 1100 psi and 1300 psi? so would a 2.0 feel like its putting out more than a 2.5 or would it be hard to tell without a gauge?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    can you feel the difference between 1100 psi and 1300 psi? so would a 2.0 feel like its putting out more than a 2.5 or would it be hard to tell without a gauge?
    Matt at Obsessed Garage is putting together a list of all the nozzles for all the pressure washers on the market. I am not sure where he will be done with the testings, on his youtube channel is is halfway through, so he probably is further along than that. I am sure he shoot more videos than he publishes each day, so the testing is probably done and we just need for him to post the videos. But SunJoe is one of the companies he has already tested, so if you watch those videos, you will very likelly find an answer to your question. Otherwise, he is supposed to publish the list on his website once all has been completed.

Post Thanks / Like

You cant tell at all to be honest... next season I may suck it up and buy the Kranzle K1322TS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGC View Post
    You cant tell at all to be honest... next season I'm either going to run 2.5 orifice nozzles or i may suck it up and buy the Kranzle K1322TS.
    I watched the Kranzle episode with great interest. I was curious to see what the fuss was all about. I can't say I was impressed. Sure they are a little nicer... but not 10 times the price nicer. Also, Mat mentionned you can rebuild them and you can order replacement covers for them. He did not mention any price but I am sure it will cost at least the same price of a new pressure washer (from other brands) to do either. Where I worked before they had a commercial pressure washer and it broke about once a year. Everytime it did, it was in the shop for at least a week and the cost of repair was usually in between 200$ and 400$. For 400$ I have have 2 good quality pressure washers. So that is what I did when I purchased by last one. Waited for a sale, the 200$ models were selling half price for 100$ and I purchased 2. Now if one breaks I have a backup... that was 3 years ago and it's still running well. The one I had beforehand lasted me 3 years and it broke because I forgot to bring it inside the first night temperatures dropped bellow freezing, and something inside broke.

I don't mind paying premiums for good equipment, but in this case, I simply cannot see the benefits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Matt at Obsessed Garage is putting together a list of all the nozzles for all the pressure washers on the market. I am not sure where he will be done with the testings, on his youtube channel is is halfway through, so he probably is further along than that. I am sure he shoot more videos than he publishes each day, so the testing is probably done and we just need for him to post the videos. But SunJoe is one of the companies he has already tested, so if you watch those videos, you will very likelly find an answer to your question. Otherwise, he is supposed to publish the list on his website once all has been completed.
    yes he has pretty much all the videos up. very good info on there. probably wouldnt know what to get without his videos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I watched the Kranzle episode with great interest. I was curious to see what the fuss was all about. I can't say I was impressed. Sure they are a little nicer... but not 10 times the price nicer. Also, Mat mentionned you can rebuild them and you can order replacement covers for them. He did not mention any price but I am sure it will cost at least the same price of a new pressure washer (from other brands) to do either. Where I worked before they had a commercial pressure washer and it broke about once a year. Everytime it did, it was in the shop for at least a week and the cost of repair was usually in between 200$ and 400$. For 400$ I have have 2 good quality pressure washers. So that is what I did when I purchased by last one. Waited for a sale, the 200$ models were selling half price for 100$ and I purchased 2. Now if one breaks I have a backup... that was 3 years ago and it's still running well. The one I had beforehand lasted me 3 years and it broke because I forgot to bring it inside the first night temperatures dropped bellow freezing, and something inside broke.

I don't mind paying premiums for good equipment, but in this case, I simply cannot see the benefits.
    from what i understand, higher flow or gpm makes better foam. and in his case, he has a pressure washer to foam and to help wash his cars which is why he shoots for 1000 psi. but with lower flow the foam comes out more watery looking and supposedly not as good.

Post Thanks / Like

yes he has pretty much all the videos up. very good info on there. probably wouldnt know what to get without his videos.
    Very comprehensive testing. Very nice to be able to see how each machine works and all. I think the database he is putting together is also very good in terms of knowing what fittings you will need to change the hose, gun and nozzle.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast