autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

This is the end connector in question. It is held in place by a clip that goes into a brass swivel. There is another connector just like this that connects the feeder hose to the reel on the outside of the reel. If I can find what connector it is and maybe get one that I can put on a regular hose I should be good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a new connector that I have not seen before. It almost looks like a modified air hose fitting. You may need to just purchase the hose extension from SunJoe and then adapt the one end so you can use aftermarket Gun. I will still check to see if I can find anything.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Killerheroin View Post
    That is a new connector that I have not seen before. It almost looks like a modified air hose fitting. You may need to just purchase the hose extension from SunJoe and then adapt the one end so you can use aftermarket Gun. I will still check to see if I can find anything.
    Yeah, It's new to me as well. Stupid sunjoe and their silly fittings. I heard the extension fitting doesn't wrap around the reel on the SPX3001. This is getting ridiculous! I appreciate your help, Let me know if you find anything.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ride92 View Post
    Yeah, It's new to me as well. Stupid sunjoe and their silly fittings. I heard the extension fitting doesn't wrap around the reel on the SPX3001. This is getting ridiculous! I appreciate your help, Let me know if you find anything.
    I'm in the same boat wanting a longer hose on my SPX4001. I've ran into the same fitting issue you described. I found a similar fitting on a Karcher replacement hose but that fitting is on both ends and its still 25 feet, see link below. Anyone know what this type of fitting its called?

https://www.amazon.com/Karcher-Repla...ot_top?ie=UTF8

Post Thanks / Like

Find a local company that makes custom hoses for industry. Take your original SunJoe hose to them. See if they can figure out what the hose connector is. If so, they can probably get thematic connector, and can make up a hose of whatever length you want. If not, have them replace one of the oddball SunJoe connectors with a standard connector, and you can then buy any hose from anybody, in any length. You will need to replace your gun with a gun having a standard connector, unless the connector on your SunJoe gun is replaceable.

Post Thanks / Like

Sun Joe chose to use M22/15mm fittings which can be annoying if your trying to adapt parts from big box stores or online.

All you need is this one adapter.... M22/15mm FPT to M22/144 MPT.

This one $7 adapter will allow you to use an aftermarket hose, spray gun of your choosing on any Sun Joe model WITHOUT built in hose reel.

https://www.ebay.com/i/312027241595?chn=ps

If you have a Sun Joe with built in hose reel you can buy this adapter. This will convert your stock hose end to a standard 14mm thread pattern to allow you to add an off the shelf extension hose, quick connects, spray gun, or whatever combination your looking for... $2.28

https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/collec...ersion-adaptor

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any updates about a longer hose for the SPX3001/4001 w the hose reel...can’t find a longer hose that uses that strange clip...I know there’s the 25ft extension but I’d rather have just one 50 ft hose...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

Post Deleted

Post Thanks / Like

I got the 3001 (w/ hose reel) and then scoured the 'Net looking for the needed adaptors to setup a quick-disconnect on both ends.
    Now it works great. I think I have an extra or two sitting in the big 'spare parts for everything' box.

1. No, any extension is not going to sit flat on the reel. The connectors are kind of bulky.
    2. I got a Suttner 2000 pistol but can easily switch between the two (I put a QD adaptor on the inlet of the SJ gun)
    3. All that hose makes the unit very top heavy.

I found this on the Amaz. review of the 4001 and it echoes what I ended up doing (a bunch of adaptors so everything is QD)

You are correct Ben W, Sun Joe (Snow Joe) used very proprietary fittings for the hoses and reels. This has been a huge pain in the A$$. I emailed them on this and got the standard BS answer "I apologize...we don't have adapter...blah blah". The M22 connector they use is a non-standard M22-15mm where the standard is an M22-14mm. So the Standard M22-14 hose end will fit into the Sun Joe Spray Handle but it will be lose and it will leak. Going the other direction from Sun Joe's hose to a better Spray Gun will not work at all since the 15mm nipple will not fit into 14mm hole! Finding M22-15mm hoses, fittings, or adapters is difficult but can be done. Making matters even worse Sun Joe decided to use an even more proprietary hose fitting for the end that connects to their hose reel (found on the SPX4001), so finding one nice continuous 50/75/100 ft hose is impossible, as is being able to make one yourself since the special end fitting is impossible to find! The hose end fitting is very similar to the Karcher Quick Release, but there are differences in the design of the fitting that would likely pose an issue. In my case I wanted 1 continuous 75 - 100 foot hose that I could roll up nicely on the supplied reel. I also wanted to use a nicer Spray Gun like the MTM hydro M407 or the Suttner ST-2000 Trigger Gun . Using Sun Joe's short 25' extension hoses would result in 2 or 3 bulky connections that would have to be spooled up on the reel, plus it still will not fit standard Spray Guns, this is not at all appealing to me. As it stands now I am going to have to adapt the short worthless 20' hose from an M22-15mm to a 1/4" NPT end. This adapter is available on e bay. Search for M22 Male 15mm x 1/4 NPT Female Adapter (Non Standard size M22). Then I will purchase a 50' 1/4" pressure washer hose with 1/4 NPT ends. From there it will be easy to add standard quick connectors so you can use quality Spray Guns, flexible Lance, and better foam cannons like the MTM. Oh, and if you want to adapt back to the Sun Joe spray handle you can purchase "Forney 75136 Pressure Washer Accessories, Quick Coupler Plug, 3/8-Inch Male NPT, 4,200 PSI" from Amazon, along with "M22 Female 15mm Twist Connect x 3\8 NPT Female (Non-Standard M22 Connector)" from e bay to go the other way.

Post Thanks / Like

You could buy this adapter from MYM Hydro and convert your m22-15mm end to a standard m22-14mm end. From there you can use a standard m22-14mm hose and make your own custom setup with new spray gun and all quick release fittings. I got my spray gun and lance from Obsessed garage and used that a baseline to start with.

M22/15mm to M22/14mm Adapter:
    14mm Plug x 15mm Plug Conversion Adapter - MTM Hydro Parts

My spray gun and wand (full stainless inside and out):
    Complete MTM Swiveling Sprayer & Wand Solution - Obsessed Garage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?-untitled1-jpg   SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?-untitled22-jpg  

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast