autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

Photo of m22 (15MM) F to 3/8 F ( Non-Standard Adapter) to 3/8" quick connect plug connected to SunJoe SPX3000

SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?-img_0557-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Took it out for its maiden voyage today - I bought a deck brush - and cleaned the deck!!

Also tried out the Foam Gun on the car

Discovered a few things:
    #1 - The hose I bought wrapped itself up in knots more often than expected... But it was only 60 Deg. - so it may get better with some heat.
    #2 - I had a set of Quick connects left over from my former Karcher PW - they fit and actually worked well on the gun side - so no M22 to 3/8" conversion used there.
    #3 - Dry the car next time - I was busy with the deck for most of the afternoon - and car wash was a late trial - typically I use the Backpack Blower to dry the car - and did not - and noticed water spots everywhere....

So for the first use - it was successful - a few things to work out - but so far so good!

I'll probably get the same Quick Connects I had on the Karcher - and just use those - makes a cleaner setup - but have the M22 convertors if needed. Still debating gun - stock was not too bad - so I'll try it few more times before deciding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grovlet View Post
    Took it out for its maiden voyage today - I bought a deck brush - and cleaned the deck!!

Also tried out the Foam Gun on the car

Discovered a few things:
    #1 - The hose I bought wrapped itself up in knots more often than expected... But it was only 60 Deg. - so it may get better with some heat.
    #2 - I had a set of Quick connects left over from my former Karcher PW - they fit and actually worked well on the gun side - so no M22 to 3/8" conversion used there.
    #3 - Dry the car next time - I was busy with the deck for most of the afternoon - and car wash was a late trial - typically I use the Backpack Blower to dry the car - and did not - and noticed water spots everywhere....

So for the first use - it was successful - a few things to work out - but so far so good!

I'll probably get the same Quick Connects I had on the Karcher - and just use those - makes a cleaner setup - but have the M22 convertors if needed. Still debating gun - stock was not too bad - so I'll try it few more times before deciding.
    Grovelet,
    1) glad to hear the pressure washer is working out for you.
    2) If you find where to purchase the M22/15mm to quick disconnect let me know. I could not find them. In a earlier post one person mentioned them that they got them from a Northern Tool. I ordered the same part number they did and it was M22/14mm to quick disconnect so that was to loose.
    3) Regarding water spots you have two options. Option 1 is to do a final rinse of the car with a hose without a sprayer. This acts like a sheeting action and works well. Option 2 purchase a DI system and use that for your final rinse after you pressure wash the soap off the car. Expensive option but really the best way to ensure no water spots. I hope to buy this option later this summer after I get my detailing business up and running to justify it.
    4) regarding using the stock spay gun vs after market. I got my MTM Hydro gun up and running this weekend along with my mosmatic 20" bent extension and wow I will never use the stock gun again unless I am cleaning the house or concrete. The short gun is amazing to clean wheels and it makes it so much more managable with the foam cannon. The 20" bent mosmatic wand make it allot easier to wet and rinse the car the bent angle is just perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Photo of M22/15 mm to 3/8" quick Connect Plug on Factory SunJoe Gun

SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?-sunjoe-jpg

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Are some people finding that they can replace the hose with a non SJ model and connect without any special adapter (15mm to 14mm) and it not leak?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cooper58 View Post
    Are some people finding that they can replace the hose with a non SJ model and connect without any special adapter (15mm to 14mm) and it not leak?
    I have not found this but I only tried the 15mm adapter with a standard pressure washer hose

Post Thanks / Like

From what I can see (& it seems to hold true) is that 15 mm is for electric & 14 mm is for gas powered PWs. That's based on the video from Obsessed Garage, discussing the connectors. I just bought the SJ SPX4000 & will need to buy some of the M22x15 non-std quick connectors.

HTH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllanS View Post
    From what I can see (& it seems to hold true) is that 15 mm is for electric & 14 mm is for gas powered PWs. That's based on the video from Obsessed Garage, discussing the connectors. I just bought the SJ SPX4000 & will need to buy some of the M22x15 non-std quick connectors.

HTH
    allan,
    I got min on eBay, it is the only place I found them.
    I think I posted a link on a earlier post regarding this subject in this thread

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

does anybody have the SPX3001 with the hose reel? I do and would really like a longer hose on the reel. The factory one connects into the swivel on the reel with some strange fitting that has an o-ring on the end and is held in place by a clip. If anyone can provide insight into what this connector is and how to work around it I would be grateful. I kinda regret getting the sunjoe because of the short hose and the non-standard fittings that they use. why couldn't they have just made this easyier for the consumer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ride92 View Post
    does anybody have the SPX3001 with the hose reel? I do and would really like a longer hose on the reel. The factory one connects into the swivel on the reel with some strange fitting that has an o-ring on the end and is held in place by a clip. If anyone can provide insight into what this connector is and how to work around it I would be grateful. I kinda regret getting the sunjoe because of the short hose and the non-standard fittings that they use. why couldn't they have just made this easyier for the consumer?
    Hello, I don't have this model of Sun Joe but would be willing to help if I can. Can you send a photo of this connection?

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast