autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom In Action!

This morning I woke up to my daily driver covered in snow:

Time to break out my SnowJoe!

From AG's product description for the Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom:
    Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom is a must-have snow and ice removal tool for those located in the Snow Belt. Designed by an engineer that was tired of flimsy brushes that did little to remove snow off his vehicle, the Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom promises to outperform and outlast other snow removal tools. Best of all, the Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom will not scratch your vehicle’s paint! The Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom also features an ice scraper on the end of the telescoping handle, assisting with ice buildup on your windshield.
    Ok lets see what this “snow broom” can do! First my hood:

Hey that’s not bad. The entire hood took ~30 seconds to clear.

Next the roof:

But wait! It even works in reverse!!

And look, it can be used to clear glass surfaces too!!!

Done in less than 2 minutes! Thanks SnowJoe!!

In all seriousness, this is pretty handy snow removal tool. Unlike other snow removal tools I've used in the past, the Snowjoe doesn’t appear to have left any scratches in my freshly detailed DD but I’ll know for sure after I wash it. I did have a problem extending the handle – it seems to be jammed in place. This would have been more annoying if I a) had a larger car and b) had to deal with a significant amount of snow.

For $19.99 it would make a nice Christmas or Hanukkah gift for anyone who has to deal with snow.

Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom In Action!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see the finish under a good light. I can't wrap my brain around products like these not leaving some type of damage. It is just something about dragging a piece of foam across the paint with no real lube that has me thinking there must be some fine scratches.

I'm sure a lot of it is how the product is used. I see a lot of damage from the stiff plastic bristle snow brushes every spring.

Anything has to be better than a regular broom, though!

Or even using a *gasp* shovel!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ZimRandy View Post
    I'd love to see the finish under a good light. I can't wrap my brain around products like these not leaving some type of damage. It is just something about dragging a piece of foam across the paint with no real lube that has me thinking there must be some fine scratches.
    I totally agree with you and I made sure to apply zero downward pressure while in use. From examining the paint immediately after use, there didn't appear to be any scratches. But I'll know for sure after I wash the car. Any scratches I find will be a results of the snow broom since i only just finished my pre-winter detail and know the surface was perfect.

After the crazy winter we had last year, I've been eager to try out new tools that may help avoid the need to use anything with a abrasive potential - ie a floor broom.

Post Thanks / Like

The snow itself can probably scratch but these tools leave behind almost no damage. We use them at the dealership I work at and I have never noticed anything other than a few very light marks. Also, with this tool, it's very easy to leave a light layer of snow behind so that it doesn't actually touch the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZimRandy View Post
    I think some sort of light marring from snow removal is a matter of fact unless you use some sort of a flame-thrower to clear your car.

I have a similar tool I picked up locally which has a brush on one side and the foam blade on the other. I really like it. The foam blade removes the snow with less pressure and effort than you'd need with a traditional brush.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Man I don't envy you guys that have to deal with snow, ice and road salt.

It must be really tough on those that love their cars...

Post Thanks / Like

*Update*

Well I've used the SnowJoe now a handful of time and so far I haven't seen and new scratches or marring. However, last week the SnowJoe jammed in the retracted position. No matter how much I tried, it would not extend and only spun in place. I've even resorted to using pliers to try and force it open without any luck:

After emailing SnowJoe customer support about the problem, I receive the following response:

"The snow broom pole sometimes will go to a locked position. To extend the snow broom, remove the ice scraper head to reveal the locking mechanism of the inner pole. While holding the outer pole, tap the locking mechanism on the ground until the inner pole is dislodged from the outer pole. You should now be able to fully extend the snow broom. Reattach the ice scraper head. While holding the outer pole, extend the inner pole and turn the outer pole clockwise to lock."

Removing the SnowJoe's ice scraper end required pliers - not exactly an easy thing to do when your away from home and trying to clear snow from your vehicle.

Ice scraper head removed and locking mechanism exposed:

With a push of my thumb, the locking mechanism slides back into place and allows the SnowJoe to fully extend:

Fixed! Think I'll leave the SnowJoe fully extended for the rest of the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom In Action!

Nice.

I'm enjoying my snow joe as well. I got a full size pickup so I just leave it in the bed fully extended.

Here it is in action cleaning off the roof of my Avalanche. Definitely a must have this winter!

Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom In Action!-imageuploadedbyagonline1423247261-715776-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Look at all of snow!! That was last winter for me. Thankfully this winter has been very light so far.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast