autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

GG6 or Torq 10FX

Hey everyone...I am in the market for a DA, as I do not currently have one. I have a cheap rotary at work, and can get some good results with it, but I have some friends and family that would like me to work on their vehicles, and I would like to start my own business soon.
    I have narrowed it down to the Griots Garage 6 inch which has a lifetime warranty, capable of using 3"-6" backing plates, and can pick up for less than $150.
    On the other hand, is the Chemical Guys Torq 10FX. Not sure about the warranty, and will have to look into it more. I have also seen a current thread about people bashing this machine. Has anyone had a chance to use it yet? It can use anywhere from 4"-6" backing plates. And can be picked up for around $200
    A new Flex 3401 is out of the question because of the cost, but I did find a used one that for $175. Maybe he will come down some on that yet.
    A Rupes is also out of the question because of price.

Pads I would be using would most likely be Megs DAMF pads, as I am not a really big fan AS OF RIGHT NOW cutting with foam. (Experience with this is very little, which may be the reason)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GG6 or Torq 10FX

I have both polishers and love them both, torqfx is really comfortable to use and corrects with ease

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. Does one do better then the other in your opinion? I've heard a lot of good things about the GG, and a lot if people saying the Torq is a cheap knock off, maxes at ~4800opm, "just another over rated CG product".

Post Thanks / Like

I love the torqfx smoothness, I've only used it a few times even if it's a "knock off" it gets the job done but the GG is a workhorse for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

the GG6 is one of the best bang for the buck DA's out there and not only does it have a good amount of torque/power, but a great warranty as well. coupled with different backing plate and pads as well as a carpet brush attachment, you can do plenty with it. having a traditional style DA such as this is a must IMO and every detailer/enthusiast should own at least one (i've said this hundreds of times). the torq10fx by chemicalguys is kinda of a gamble. if you have a problem with it, who knows what to expect with their customer service. it's kinda of a gamble, and i would opt for the GG6 first. later down the line you can always buy another DA whether it be the flex or rupes...

Post Thanks / Like

GG 6 is prolly the most powerful DA out there with the best warranty out there. It's a proven quantity.

CG....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

CG=Chemical Guys. Reason I mentioned it under their name is bc they have been promoting it. I don't know whether or not their R&D built/designed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tlefe091985 View Post
    CG=Chemical Guys. Reason I mentioned it under their name is bc they have been promoting it. I don't know whether or not their R&D built/designed it.
    He was questioning their warranty/ reliability/ customer service/ marketing not what CG meant.

k4df4l

I was in the same place last week; sold off my PC & was thinking about choosing between the MT300 or 10FX for my next DA. The MT300 hasn't shipped yet and the 10FX is too new to have an appreciable track record (plus I haven't read much of anything about the warranty on the unit). The GG6 was in the back of my mind as a possibility as it has a proven track record w/ a great warranty.....when that river in South America put the GG6 on a lightening deal recently, that made up my mind for me.

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not get the new MT300 from Meguiars?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast