autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kwazar Mercury Pro Spray Bottles

We bought a 6 pack of these about 3 months ago when we started the business. Seemed like a great idea but they have been paper weights the last 2 months. One of them broke, Seems as though if you lift them from the sprayer they come apart. Put it back together and it won't spray. The others seem as though if they aren't half full they suck air trying to spray plus god knows how many times we reached for one, top pulls right off and there they go rolling down the street. Are we using them incorrectly? Do we need to be more fufu with them and handle them like we are holding a jar full of Ebola? ? We now get the regular bottles with the gold sprayer, grab it how we want to, sprays pretty fast and doesn't seem to suck air if you don't have them filled to the top.

Is there a secret to using these? Anybody else have any problems? Anybody want a good deal on six sprayers? lol

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kwazar Mercury Pro Spray Bottles

I have not had any issue with mine, but I do not use them with the Kwazar bottle

I prefer 16oz

Maybe try putting the Kwazar sprayer on a different bottle

I have found that if you "short stroke" the Kwazar and don't allow the trigger to work in it's full range, they can suck air

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCD Detailing View Post
    We bought a 6 pack of these about 3 months ago when we started the business. Seemed like a great idea but they have been paper weights the last 2 months. One of them broke, Seems as though if you lift them from the sprayer they come apart. Put it back together and it won't spray. The others seem as though if they aren't half full they suck air trying to spray plus god knows how many times we reached for one, top pulls right off and there they go rolling down the street. Are we using them incorrectly? Do we need to be more fufu with them and handle them like we are holding a jar full of Ebola? ? We now get the regular bottles with the gold sprayer, grab it how we want to, sprays pretty fast and doesn't seem to suck air if you don't have them filled to the top.

Is there a secret to using these? Anybody else have any problems? Anybody want a good deal on six sprayers? lol
    i own about 8 of these i dont run a buisness just want the best of the best any ways iv had only one of these go bad on me and i think it was because of the thickness of the product i was using it was autofinesse iron out its very thick it stopped spraying and then the same problem as you it came apart from the neck right now i also have one im using for a tire cleaner tuff shine it sprays but only when you compress the trigger luckily i live 15 mins or so from where i get all my products and it was changed free of charge i think that most is the issues come from when these sprayers are being shipped i believe there made in poland who knows but they work great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    I have not had any issue with mine, but I do not use them with the Kwazar bottle

I prefer 16oz

Maybe try putting the Kwazar sprayer on a different bottle

I have found that if you "short stroke" the Kwazar and don't allow the trigger to work in it's full range, they can suck air
    Actually might be a good idea. But are the tops supposed to seperate from the base easily?

Thanks for the replies.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCD Detailing View Post
    Actually might be a good idea. But are the tops supposed to seperate from the base easily?

Thanks for the replies.
    I wouldn't think they should spontaneously disengage

I have never used the spray head with the Kwazar bottle. The flared bottom.takes up too much space in my bins

Post Thanks / Like

I had one of mine fall apart on me too. The sprayer separates in half just above where it screws into the bottle. The reason it stops spraying is because there is a small ball bearing in there that falls out when it separates. I ended up going to a bicycle repair shop and they hooked me up with a new bearing.

You might be able to krazy glue the parts together after you fix the sprayer.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...r-sprayer.html

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what size ball bearings I would need? I had the head of one of mine come off recently and it isn't spraying. I was going to buy some bearings off Amazon. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOak82 View Post
    Does anyone know what size ball bearings I would need? I had the head of one of mine come off recently and it isn't spraying. I was going to buy some bearings off Amazon. Thanks!
    Hey Oak, did you figure out what size bearing?

Post Thanks / Like

I am now down 3 bottles that just stopped working completely. Very disappointed in these bottle since I was under the impression they were the best. One I think I might have lost the bearing but sure about the other two. I am slowly switching over to pump sprayers and standard Meguiar's bottles. I am still interested in the bearing size though, it's worth a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOak82 View Post
    I am now down 3 bottles that just stopped working completely. Very disappointed in these bottle since I was under the impression they were the best. One I think I might have lost the bearing but sure about the other two. I am slowly switching over to pump sprayers and standard Meguiar's bottles. I am still interested in the bearing size though, it's worth a shot.
    Well, I ordered 2 different sizes: 3/32 and 1/8". The 3/32" bearing is definitely too small. The 1/8" seemed like a good fit, but I think in the end it was slightly too small too. I put it in and sprayer head and it looked fine, but I think the ball ended up getting jammed in the top of the sprayer when I tested it. I'm not 100% sure if that's what happened, but I can see some shiny metal when I look inside. It's also possible the fix just didn't work and the bearing fell out when I took the head back apart. At this point I'm looking into taking the whole sprayer head apart, hoping to get that bearing out (if it is stuck).

So my best guess is a 5/32" bearing would be appropriate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast