autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Detergent

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    CG microfiber wash has been the only thing I have used so I have nothing to compare it to. I pre soak in a 5 gallon bucket of warm water for about 15 minutes then pull them out and ring them and toss in a clean bucket to carry to the washing machine and then dry on the cool setting. (Question) To all the ones using tide or any other brand is it the free and clear that you are using? My wife does some extreme couponing and gets some pretty good deals and just got 21 bottles so since I am running low on the cg mf wash I can start using the all free and clear. I smelled the stuff and it smells just like the products I load at work from rail car to trailers that get delivered to the soap plants. I am going to have to compare samples. Thanks
    I have a similar process. Pre-soak with mf detergent for an hour sometimes 24 hours if I forget about them. Wash on tap cold extra rinse extra spin, dry on low heat. I used to hang dry but they are actually much softer after going in the dryer with a drying ball to break off any linting.

Post Thanks / Like

All Free & Clear here, don't fall for the hype. Used to use Micro-Restore, didn't see any advantage.
    2009 Yamaha FZR Waverunner 1812cc supercharged 82 mph GPS
    2010 Honda Fit Sport (wife's car) DGES, DP, OC2.0 & CQUK tester
    2014 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 Silver CQUK

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the Chemical Guys...haven't used anything else but was thinking of giving Tide Free a shot on my secondary towels just to compare.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Woolite/Woolite Delicate for light soiled towels and micro detergent for heavier soiled towels

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Adams Microfiber cleaner (purchased it when I used their line exclusively last year). Looking to dry 3D Towel Kleen. I've heard some good things about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebrez View Post
    +1 for Chemical Guys. Griots Garage didn't impress me much.
    Me too. Chemical Guys is my go-to product for microfiber - primarily on a cost/benefit analysis. It is very effective and very inexpensive.

Having said that, I prefer Blackfire's product (and use it when certain products are present on the microfiber), but the cost differential is big! For rinseless wash towels and compound/polish removal towels, CG is my product of choice.

I tried Griot's (still have most of a full gallon) and was unimpressed. Once I got it and read the label, it is really more of a detergent booster than a detergent. You have to add it to a regular laundry detergent and it requires twice as much as CG in addition to the regular detergent. Having said all that, Griot's in addition to Tide HE seems to work as well as the CG - but at what cost?

Post Thanks / Like

What is the best way to wash brand new towels? I have micro restore, should I use cold or hot water? Do I need any additional detergent?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike32 View Post
    What is the best way to wash brand new towels? I have micro restore, should I use cold or hot water? Do I need any additional detergent?
    Normal wash, hot water. White vinegar rinse.

This may help:
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...crofibers.html

Post Thanks / Like

I use Wolfgang, hot water, extra rinse w/white vinegar, dry LOW heat then hang.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys.. FWIW, I just thought i'd share my most recent discovery with the All Free & Clear mighty Pacs.

I went into my local target to grab another bag of 82 individual packs of All Free & Clear and noticed immediately after coming home and opening the bag, that they are no longer the Clear or Opaque color that they once were, but rather a darker yellowish color almost like urine.

I ended up driving all the way back down to the store to take a look at all the other bags and lo & behold, they too were all a darker shade of yellow.

Customer service couldn't tell me anything.

So i ended up calling the "ALL" customer service # that was on the back of the bag and spoke to a very nice woman about the discoloration issues.

Well, she politely responded and told me that "they" JUST recently started adding a boosting cleaner to the original recipe which then makes it more concentrated which is why it is now the yellowish color that it is…she couldn't tell me much more then that tho.

She then assured me that there are still no added dyes or coloring at all and will be completely safe to use on all the things I used to wash with including such things as microfiber towels.

We'll see……. I hate to be the Guinea Pig here. lol

Anyways, here are some pics to show you what they once looked like just a few weeks ago and what they are going to start looking like for now on.

There is No changes on the bags or barcodes or anything to indicate that any changes were made at all…so everything else is the same.

Just the individual packs are different now….if you notice they are also a tad smaller then the old ones.

I'll let you know what I think of them once I use them on my new towels I just picked up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microfiber Detergent-all0-jpg   Microfiber Detergent-all1-jpg   Microfiber Detergent-all2-jpg   Microfiber Detergent-all3-jpg   Microfiber Detergent-upmf-jpg   Microfiber Detergent-mft1-jpg  
    15' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech
    Snowflake Pearl / Black Leather Interior

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast