autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Detergent

i actually use cold water so there should be no bleeding. Two of my awesome microfiber madness dry me crazy's are blue haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iStig View Post
    i actually use cold water so there should be no bleeding. Two of my awesome microfiber madness dry me crazy's are blue haha
    IMHO, I think you're probably using the wrong detergent.

Any detergent that cleans MF towels needs to be close to fragrance/dye-free (preferably), clean-rinsing, and strong enough to remove stains/wax/polish/oil/grease residue. I haven't used any of the dedicated MF detergents yet, but I use All Free & Clear and it's been working great. There are a couple ppl on AGO that use the same thing or Tide Free & Gentle.

Also MF towels should be washed on WARM/HOT and rinsed on COLD. Not sure why you're seeing any color-bleed, and the fact that you're using Tide ColdWater is even more odd. I have a bunch of towels and after their first pre-wash I haven't seen any bleeding.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always used CG Microfiber detergent but for my last wash i used that and 3 cap fulls of distilled vineagar.. the results were even better than using detergent alone. The towels were more plushy and soft.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

alright, sounds like im going to purchase a detergent made for microfiber towels, which one is the best?

Post Thanks / Like
    All free and clear with a white vinegar rinse can't complain towels come out nice

Sent from Tapatalkrex
    \Rafael/
    Infiniti G35

Post Thanks / Like

Color me skeptical when it comes to special microfiber detergent. The name-brand detergent manufacturers are in a heated battle for dollars, so not only do they have massive advertising budgets, they R&D their products constantly. It's why Tide is always at or near the top of the heap when detergents are tested. While I do not doubt that microfiber detergents work, I doubt they work better. I'd rather not pay more for something that works no better than a "regular" detergent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trekkeruss View Post
    Color me skeptical when it comes to special microfiber detergent. The name-brand detergent manufacturers are in a heated battle for dollars, so not only do they have massive advertising budgets, they R&D their products constantly. It's why Tide is always at or near the top of the heap when detergents are tested. While I do not doubt that microfiber detergents work, I doubt they work better. I'd rather not pay more for something that works no better than a "regular" detergent.
    I thought the issue with "normal" detergents is residual on the towels. The MF detergents go after oils, waxes, sealants and other specific automotive chemicals vs a general all purpose laundry detergent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebrez View Post
    I thought the issue with "normal" detergents is residual on the towels. The MF detergents go after oils, waxes, sealants and other specific automotive chemicals vs a general all purpose laundry detergent.
    By regular, I mean detergents without fabric softeners, bleach, perfumes, etc. i.e. Tide Free & Gentle and the like.

Post Thanks / Like

I presoak for an hour or so with Oxyclean then wash with free and clear detergent. I use mainly light colored towels, most are white and they look and feel new every time.

Get in the habit of taking good care of your towels and they will take care of you.

Post Thanks / Like

CG microfiber wash has been the only thing I have used so I have nothing to compare it to. I pre soak in a 5 gallon bucket of warm water for about 15 minutes then pull them out and ring them and toss in a clean bucket to carry to the washing machine and then dry on the cool setting. (Question) To all the ones using tide or any other brand is it the free and clear that you are using? My wife does some extreme couponing and gets some pretty good deals and just got 21 bottles so since I am running low on the cg mf wash I can start using the all free and clear. I smelled the stuff and it smells just like the products I load at work from rail car to trailers that get delivered to the soap plants. I am going to have to compare samples. Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast