autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mytee Lite II or Mytee 100

I called my regional dealer to see if they carried the Mytee Lite, they do, so I asked if he has any demo or trade in units. He has a Mytee 100 with two new pumps and a new heater. He said it came in for service and when the owner found out the price of repairs, he ordered a new one. I can get this one to my door for $850. He said that the only difference is the tank capacities. It was used in a car dealership before the repairs. He stated that the two units use the same pumps as of about a year ago. He said the Lite had a much smaller pump prior to that?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mytee Lite II or Mytee 100

How much is it new?
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just under $1400.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the HP60....Way more powerful than the lite but not as big as the HP100
    David

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What kind of price tag does the hp 60 carry?

Post Thanks / Like

shop around i think I paid about 1000 for mine brand new. The problem with with the HP100 is that it is huge! The Hp60 is big as well but I use it for mobile detailing and it is manageable. But it is a very powerful extractor and can tackle anything, I even use it to clean the carpet in my apartment!
    David

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can afford a few hundred more dollars and have enough space, go with the HP-60 or 100. Ive used a Mytee Lite II for years and while it works GREAT, there have been times that I wished I had larger tanks and more water lift.
    Mytee Lite II=3 gallon recovery/solution tanks. 85" water lift
    HP-60= 6 gallon recovery/solution tanks. 137" water lift

Ive detailed A LOT of RVs and always have to stop and empty my recovery tank and fill my solution tank a few times for each job. This takes a lot of time. Its also really annoying when the recovery tank starts to get full and the water lift starts to diminish, leaking water from the hose back onto the carpet.

If youre just extracting the interior of one car, truck, or SUV you shouldnt have a problem getting through it on one tank with the Mytee Lite II. Just make sure to empty the recovery tank before it gets too full and wipe away any lint, hair, and carpet fuzz from the screen to ensure you dont lose any lift. DONT over saturate the carpet!

The Mytee Lite II is a great unit for the money and works very well for your everyday detailing needs. Its also very well built and lasts a long time. Ive used mine DAILY for almost 3 years with no problems (knock on wood).

On a side note, the only concern I woud have with one of the larger units is WEIGHT. The Mytee Lite II is pretty heavy when filled with solution so a unit twice its size would be pretty hard for one person to lift in and out of a truck/van or into an RV to detail.

Post Thanks / Like

jlc hit it on the head. mytee 60 or 100 for sure.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I found a barely used Aztec for $350. I couldn't pass it up. As per many posts I picked up a gallon of Folex at Lowes, wow what a difference.