autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

MTM HydroFoamer with my Karcher K5.740

First off,I would like to Thank swanicyouth for his help in making this work for me....Thank You

I picked up the Karcher K5.740 pressure washer (have I mentioned I love this thing)

I was going to go with the Foam Cannon but the reveiws I've read about the MTM Hydro,I decided to go with the MTM.
    The only problem is that the Karcher doesn't just connect with the HydroFoamer because of its connection design:

If you pick up the karcher adaptor it will connect and mate the two:

As soon as the rain lets up here,it's time to go out and make some frothy foam with CG's HoneyDew car Shampoo:

Stay tuned for added foaming pictures............
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MTM HydroFoamer with my Karcher K5.740

good to know. i was just checking out that PW over at northern tool

whats the benefit of the MTM foamer over the cannon? durability?
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That's it! The HD Snow Foam is great and smells great. Also, the twister knob on top really changes the concentration of the foam used. One way: ton of soap / other way: almost water. If by chance it ever happens to leak at the connection, don't freak out, there is a delicate
    O-Ring that seals the adapter to the gun. It can get twisted and just needs to be "re-set" (not often replaced).

Another thing I found is that you can use the foam gun to spray soap right on the panel and eliminate your soap bucket, just use a rinse bucket. This way your always getting fresh, grit/dirt free soap to wash with.

Also, the HD Soap is pretty potent. I only use about an ounce and a half to 2 ounce for the whole bottle, then top it off with DI water.

I'm really happy it worked out for you and didn't end in frustration.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    That's it! The HD Snow Foam is great and smells great. Also, the twister knob on top really changes the concentration of the foam used. One way: ton of soap / other way: almost water. If by chance it ever happens to leak at the connection, don't freak out, there is a delicate
    O-Ring that seals the adapter to the gun. It can get twisted and just needs to be "re-set" (not often replaced).

Another thing I found is that you can use the foam gun to spray soap right on the panel and eliminate your soap bucket, just use a rinse bucket. This way your always getting fresh, grit/dirt free soap to wash with.

Also, the HD Soap is pretty potent. I only use about an ounce and a half to 2 ounce for the whole bottle, then top it off with DI water.

I'm really happy it worked out for you and didn't end in frustration.

Post Thanks / Like

If by chance it ever happens to leak at the connection, don't freak out, there is a delicate
    Well I was going to showcase some frothy foam for everyone because it stoped raining but I ran across this issue:

I took this o-ring:

and placed it on the end of the adaptor but there is no recess for the o-ring to sit.This area is radius'd but the o-ring will not stay in the recess on it's own:

So I kinda set the o-ring on the adaptor and carefully inserted the adaptor and o-ring into the Kartcher gun:

and I still got the leak?

But all is fine with the Kartcher pressure washer nozzle:

swanicyouth,do you have any suggestions...PLEASE? Or can you shed some light on this issue??

Thank You for any/all input

Post Thanks / Like
    This is exactly what I mentioned above when I said "don't freak out..." and is a pretty easy fix..
    Your o ring just came dislodged in shipping.... So did mine....

Ok. Unscrew the black plastic Karcher adapter you got from AG.
    Grab your o ring and set it aside for a second. Now tap your black plastic Karcher adapter onto a table or hard surface unil a small black plastic tube comes out. Remember to tap it FAT SIDE (side with threads) DOWN. Yes, there is a small plastic tube that lives in there. Now this part you just have to trust me, because it seemed wrong to me at first. That o ring actually goes in first, behind the black plastic tube. What happened is, it got dislodged in shipping and came out the other side of the adapter (gun side) so it LOOKS LIKE it sits between the adapter and the Karcher gun. But, actually it goes in the adapter from the other side ( thread
    side). So to simplify it:

Take your dissasembled Karcher adapter (tube and o ring out) and CAREFULLY feed the o ring into the adapter through the top threaded side of the adapter. It doesn't sit in a "groove" it will kind of bottom out. Shine a flashlight in there and make sure it's centered and even

Now gently feed the tube in the adapter the same way (through the thread side of the adapter) it will just gently "sit" right on top of the o ring. There is no "click", but the tube is sort of a tight fit and it will hold the o ring in the correct spot. No force should be required. A set of picks or a tiny screw driver helps initially fit the o ring.

... Now... That's it! Re-assemble you adapter to your foam cannonon carefully. When you tighten it, this will put some pressure on the tube, slightly flaring the o ring and it will hold the whole thing in place.

This is a common problem with these adapters, but once it's set it's not a problem any more. Seems to only happen when everything is new before the o ring gets "pressed" by the little tube...

Now... If my rambling confused you...
    (just got done working 13 hrs) here is a link to a YOU TUBE video of a British dude showing you exactly what I was trying to explain:

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPVbd...e_gdata_player

This should take care of it!

Post Thanks / Like

This is exactly what I mentioned above when I said "don't freak out..." and is a pretty easy fix..
    Your o ring just came dislodged in shipping.... So did mine....

Ok. Unscrew the black plastic Karcher adapter you got from AG.
    Grab your o ring and set it aside for a second. Now tap your black plastic Karcher adapter onto a table or hard surface unil a small black plastic tube comes out. Remember to tap it FAT SIDE (side with threads) DOWN. Yes, there is a small plastic tube that lives in there. Now this part you just have to trust me, because it seemed wrong to me at first. That o ring actually goes in first, behind the black plastic tube. What happened is, it got dislodged in shipping and came out the other side of the adapter (gun side) so it LOOKS LIKE it sits between the adapter and the Karcher gun. But, actually it goes in the adapter from the other side ( thread
    side). So to simplify it:

Take your dissasembled Karcher adapter (tube and o ring out) and CAREFULLY feed the o ring into the adapter through the top threaded side of the adapter. It doesn't sit in a "groove" it will kind of bottom out. Shine a flashlight in there and make sure it's centered and even

Now gently feed the tube in the adapter the same way (through the thread side of the adapter) it will just gently "sit" right on top of the o ring. There is no "click", but the tube is sort of a tight fit and it will hold the o ring in the correct spot. No force should be required. A set of picks or a tiny screw driver helps initially fit the o ring.

... Now... That's it! Re-assemble you adapter to your foam cannonon carefully. When you tighten it, this will put some pressure on the tube, slightly flaring the o ring and it will hold the whole thing in place.

This is a common problem with these adapters, but once it's set it's not a problem any more. Seems to only happen when everything is new before the o ring gets "pressed" by the little tube...

Now... If my rambling confused you...
    (just got done working 13 hrs) here is a link to a YOU TUBE video of a British dude showing you exactly what I was trying to explain:

Check out this video on YouTube:

KARCHER SNOW FOAM LANCE BOTTLE BAYONET WATER LEAKS OR CHANGE O.RING FAULTS HOW TO PRESSUREWASHERBITS - YouTube

This should take care of it!
    My Karcher adaptor does not have the black tube inside of it!?Maybe when it shipped from AG it fell out during packaging?

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to open an old thread, but did you ever get your Karcher K5.740 working with the MTM foam cannon?

If so, is it creating shaving cream type foam?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newb001 View Post
    Sorry to open an old thread, but did you ever get your Karcher K5.740 working with the MTM foam cannon?

If so, is it creating shaving cream type foam?
    I did,the small rubber O-Ring is a must for the MTM to be successful.
    Yes,very think foam using CG,OPT,DP car shampoo's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast