autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing Advice

Have newly purchased 2007 MB 320 ML cdi.

When to start detailing and sugested compatible products ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on a new purchase!

You can start detailing right away.
    There are very many choices of car care products out there. I recommend that you look at Pinnacle, Wolfgang, DP, or Poorboy's brands.
    All products (brands liksted above) will give excellent to extraordinary results.
    Microfiber - look at Cobra brand.
    Wash mitt - get ShMiTT by Edge 2000.

The ShMiTT is a must!!!
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Can't go wrong with any of those products, off the top of my head:
    Wash - Poorboys or Duragloss
    Polish/Compound - Optimum, XMT etc (don't really need right now since your vehicle is new, but for a later date)
    Sealant - Poorboys Ex-p, DP, Wolfgang etc
    Wax - Poorboys Natty's Blue, Pinnacle Souveran, DP Max Wax, Collinite 915 (too many good choices)
    Mitt - Schmitt
    Tires - look at any of the quality Gels, or waterbased sprays like Poorboys Bold and Bright

And congrats on the new diesel, I love diesels, and really wish GM or Ford would have an option in their full size suv's, H2 might be getting a diesel and I'll buy one if it does. I went to the Benz dealer to see the ML63 but didn't want a lease payment like that right now with the new business (it looks so agressive in black), I wouldn't mind the new BlueTec engine though, I think it's great. Doesn't sound or drive like a normal diesel, pretty smooth and torquey as hell. Pefect in a suv like the ML, you'll get the comfort and space but long cruising times especially on the highway.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer

Can't go wrong with any of those products, off the top of my head:
    Wash - Poorboys or Duragloss
    Polish/Compound - Optimum, XMT etc (don't really need right now since your vehicle is new, but for a later date)
    Sealant - Poorboys Ex-p, DP, Wolfgang etc
    Wax - Poorboys Natty's Blue, Pinnacle Souveran, DP Max Wax, Collinite 915 (too many good choices)
    Mitt - Schmitt
    Tires - look at any of the quality Gels, or waterbased sprays like Poorboys Bold and Bright

And congrats on the new diesel, I love diesels, and really wish GM or Ford would have an option in their full size suv's, H2 might be getting a diesel and I'll buy one if it does. I went to the Benz dealer to see the ML63 but didn't want a lease payment like that right now with the new business (it looks so agressive in black), I wouldn't mind the new BlueTec engine though, I think it's great. Doesn't sound or drive like a normal diesel, pretty smooth and torquey as hell. Pefect in a suv like the ML, you'll get the comfort and space but long cruising times especially on the highway.
    I agree with the above products. All great quality and easy to use. I also love diesels and my next vehicle will more than likely be one. Sufer, I know the Jeep Cherokees will have a diesel next year. I am pretty sure it is made by Mercedes. I may go test drive one of those when they arrive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Russecu
    I agree with the above products. All great quality and easy to use. I also love diesels and my next vehicle will more than likely be one. Sufer, I know the Jeep Cherokees will have a diesel next year. I am pretty sure it is made by Mercedes. I may go test drive one of those when they arrive.
    Out of the U.S. market the Grand Cherokee's, and Commander have the new BlueTech engine from Benz as an option from what I found. One of our old neighbors had a diesel Excursion that would run low 13's in the 1/4 and get about 24 on the highway, I love torque lol.

From what I read GM is planning on bringing their new LBZ Duramax to the suv line and H2 sometime, if the H2 or Yukon etc gets it you can bet I'll have one.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Franz, congrats on the new ride! I currently have a diesel truck. I won't buy another vehicle until Audi, BMW or Merdedes start introducing more diesels in the US. It's ridiculous they haven't already. The E320 CDi is a fantastic machine, let's see some pics!

My brother drives an '04 Audi A3 TDi and my dad has the '05 Volvo XC90 diesel. Both great diesel engines!!!
    Last edited by P1et; 12-05-2006 at 05:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer

2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd suggest claying it. You'd be surprised at the stuff you pull off new vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    diesel all the way!!!!
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    newb guide time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast