autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Steamers

Post Thanks / Like

Steamers

Has anyone posted a review of steamers? I've seen some reviews here and there about steamers from Walmart for a few bucks to steamers that cost a real "chunk of change". I'm starting the looking process and would like some thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steamers

I've been using a steamer I got on ebay for $100 new. It's called SteamFast kitchen and bathroom steamer. It holds 48 ounces of water and will easily do an entire vehicle interior. I don't detail for a living, just a serious hobby...I'm very happy with it. It's great for leather, vinyl and carpets. Also melts off crud that sprays don't touch. Let me know if you need any more info.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the idea. Some of the crud in the small areas are so are to get too and get out. I will give a steamer a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinystang View Post
    I've been using a steamer I got on ebay for $100 new. It's called SteamFast kitchen and bathroom steamer. It holds 48 ounces of water and will easily do an entire vehicle interior. I don't detail for a living, just a serious hobby...I'm very happy with it. It's great for leather, vinyl and carpets. Also melts off crud that sprays don't touch. Let me know if you need any more info.
    Interesting. Is it possible to see some befores and afters using this ?
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a before & after of an 07 Avalon using the steamer.

I sprayed the steering wheel with DP Total interior cleaner. Then wrapped a MF around the head of the steamer wand and wiped it off while steaming. The skin oil and dirt come right off. Then followed the cleaning with a leather conditioner and that's it.

The steam really blasts out and through the MF and up the handle. Be sure to WEAR GLOVES if you don't want painful burns on your hands.

Before

After

For carpets, the steam lifts the dirt to the surface so it can be vacuumed. It also fluffs up the carpet without leaving a lot of moisture behind.

I have before & afters of the seats in this vehicle which came out as good as the steering wheel, but I'm having trouble uploading them. I hope these pics show the results you are looking for.
    Last edited by Shinystang; 08-02-2009 at 09:45 PM.