autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Shelterlogic (costco) Carport

Anyone have the Shelterlogic 10x20 carport? Pros/cons? Obviously from the weight of the box it seems as though it is not portable, but is this enough space to detail car/suv etc?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shelterlogic (costco) Carport

hello,
    yes i have one. i got it from tractor supply 3 years ago to park my 1991 mustang in.
    overall, i like it. keeps the car out of the sun and rain. still room to walk around the car.
    the only cons i have are high winds. they will tear it up if not anchored down good. mine has never blew over, but the wind has moved it over once when we had a bad t storm.
    the sec. thing, it gets pretty hot inside of it.i am sure you can leave the door up somehow,but mine stays zipped and closed for the most part. they can be a ##### to put up, so you may need a friend to help stand it up. i did mine by myself.
    other than that i like it so my car wont stay out in the weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply, I am primarily looking to just have this up during the nice months May-Oct, for detailing and washing cars. I have a two car garage for two of my cars, but washing an detailing it gets kinda cramped and water would get everywhere. I also do alot of work (servicing/fabrication) on cars, so I thought that a carport would be a good idea to keep one of them out the elements if I need the extra space in the garage.

Thanks for the heads up on the heat and the wind, neither of those should be too much of a problem, I already planned on staking it into the ground, Plus it would be right next to the house and take shelter from most of the winds. I guess I could leave the entrance open as it would never see the sun there.

But on the room, you said there is room to walk around the car, would you say there is room to wash/detail inside?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

oh yes, you will have plenty of room to wash and detail a car while inside of it.when you get it, send me a pic of it all put up, etc.i reaaly think you will like i t. it is not to bad to put together. i put mine up once i got it, then moved to another house, so i took it apart, then back up again. when do u plan to buy one?

Post Thanks / Like

Well I bought it a week ago, I have not had a chance to set it up yet, too busy with work, and trying to get an extra hand. I am going to try to setup tomorrow with or without help.

I wanted to contact shelterlogic about replacement tarps, but never got around to it....

I plan on staking each leg with a 2ft steel rod, this should provide enough anchorage, yet easy enough for me to pull/wrestle out at the end of the yeat, if not I will find out after the first storm.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[please let me know how it goes. i think the stakes will work just fine.like i say, i done it all by myself.but someone else would be helpful,especially with the tarp,good luck, send me some pics of it if you will.
    shane