autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Skid Mounted Pressure Washer

Pressure Washer Engine
    I am looking at purchasing a skid mounted pressure washer for the back of my pickup truck. After doing alot of research, the cheapest setup I was able to find was this one priced at $1195:

BULLDOG SKID MOUNT PRESSURE WASHER :: PRESSURE WASHERS & WATER TANKS :: AUTO DETAIL SUPPLY OUTLET

I called to ask about the engine brand, and they said it was a Subaru engine. I have not heard much about this brand. What do you guys think? I also would be purchasing a low profile 60 gallon tank as well. Comments/Suggestions

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Skid Mounted Pressure Washer

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyv6 View Post
    Pressure Washer Engine
    I am looking at purchasing a skid mounted pressure washer for the back of my pickup truck. After doing alot of research, the cheapest setup I was able to find was this one priced at $1195:

BULLDOG SKID MOUNT PRESSURE WASHER :: PRESSURE WASHERS & WATER TANKS :: AUTO DETAIL SUPPLY OUTLET

I called to ask about the engine brand, and they said it was a Subaru engine. I have not heard much about this brand. What do you guys think? I also would be purchasing a low profile 60 gallon tank as well. Comments/Suggestions

Thanks
    Rightlook.com makes skid mount units as well, if you haven't looked. Not sure what the price is.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, I forgot about those guys. I will check that out! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Way too much for a 2400 PSI, IMO. You can buy any pressure washer, modify the frame/handle/wheels; new hose; reel for well under half the cost. I've seen many setups modified to a trailer, pick-up, even one to the trunk of a car.
    Last edited by Jimmie; 12-24-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Way too much for a 2400 PSI, IMO. You can buy any pressure washer, modify the frame/handle/wheels; new hose; reel for well under half the cost. I've seen many setups modified to a trailer, pick-up, even one to the trunk of a car.

As much as I am not a fan of the big orange store. (having worked for them for 4 years) you can get a 2600psi for around $300.00 with 2 year war. and probably add an extended on it for a few bucks more. I have one of these and really do like it. (FYI I don't use it daily) Main thing I wanted was one with a Honda Engine. Check and change the oil regularly and I have seen these last a long time. If it does die and you need another one in-between repairs. Your still less than half the cost of your skid mounted. I'm sure with some wrench turning you could mount it like you want it.

Just my 2 cents.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The Big Orange Store? Is that the detail supply outlet? I basically want a Honda engine, hose, a reel to wind the hose up on, 65 gallon low profile tank, and have it mounted on a frame so it will not move in the back of my truck. I would love to find this complete set up installed for around 1000. I have called around to local stores here in Columbus to get quotes. Plus I am having to watch out for the measurements because this will have to fit under a tonneau cover. Suggestions? Thanks guys so far for the feedback. Obviously I want quality, but being a new detailer I am wanting to watch my startup costs as well.

Post Thanks / Like

The Big Orange store, AKA Home Depot. and no you would have to modify the frame add a reel and still get a tank. Maybe a local RV supply will have a tank that will work. If you don't mind doing some fabricating I am thinking you could get away with it for a lot less than 1000.00

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    I agree, you can modify it yourself and get out way cheaper. You can build the skid too. Keep asking here,we'll help!

Post Thanks / Like

i know this thread is super old! Years old but im looking for a skid myself and found this thread very useful but then the thread came to a dead end.

Living out in hawaii shipping for a complete skid could be costly so i was thinking of trying to put one together myself since it really is just:

pressure washer, pressure washer hose reel and a water tank mounted on a frame of some sort and a optional generator if you wanted one.

Could any lend a helping hand or pictures or anything? Possibly where i could scoop a water tank and how i could set it all up?

I'm not on here much so if any of you have any info maybe you can e-mail me at: thedetailguyz@yahoo.com

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

From $1000 I am getting a lightly used 4x6 trailer with 15'' rims, 100 gallon tank, and a 2400psi honda pressure washer.

If you are mounting it in your truck the tank kits range from $150-300 and hose reel with 50' hose is about $100 and a pressure washer from Home Depot is about $300 so at most you should be paying $800
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast