autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Flex Edge Adapter - Initial Impressions

Recieved my edge adapter with BP for the flex on Monday. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but this Saturday it will be all over a Black Expedition and Black Volvo Coupe.

Initial Impressions - Looks solid, feels solid, and the BP is going to look familiar being it's original 6" BP the flex originally came with. The mods to this look top notch and installation was a snap! Clearance issues look to be slim to none on the foam pads, now I bought 2 wool pads and they press up against the plate... Good thing is, this is not a PC and in the past some pads came apart due to the counterweight housing coming in contact with the pad. I believe since the complete BP will be spinning and connecting through the edge adapter, this should elimanate any problems with a wool pad.

Pics with foam

Pics with wool

Ready to shine

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex Edge Adapter - Initial Impressions

Thanks for the review. Now I'm mad. I got the flex for my b'day waited and waited for the adapter. Couldn't wait any longer so I ordered Cobra pads. Now I see I can send in my flex backing plate and have it modified. Should have waited.
    Gerry

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review I received mine last Friday and used it Saturday on my Black MB CLK.It performed flawlessly.I put a dap of thread lock on the screw and the adapter just for reassurance.Probably not needed but I just wanted that piece of mind.But I find it to be a very well made adapter for an already great machine.
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was a little disappointed in that Aaron said the cost to manufacturer currently seems to eliminate resellers. I had hoped to see AG caring them. He did say he would get more soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he said Its due to the fact they are buying and modding the flex original adapters for now.I think they are currently looking at molding there own adapter plates which would bring the cost down.
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I also recieved my Flex Edge adapter this past Monday and agree with it being a quality piece. I plan to give it a tryout this coming weekend. Putting a little Loctite on both the screw threads and adapter threads sounds like an idea I am going to use. I hope they can start producing them in larger quantities as I'm sure there's a lot of people anxious to use Edge pads with their Flex buffers.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no reason to put any Loctite whatsoever. In the design we made the threads Left Handed due to the rotation of the machine. This insures that not only can the pad not unscrew during operation, but just the opposite, it will continue to self tighten. The Loctite will make it much much harder should you ever want to replace the plate because the gears wear out. I would not recommend this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    There is no reason to put any Loctite whatsoever. In the design we made the threads Left Handed due to the rotation of the machine. This insures that not only can the pad not unscrew during operation, but just the opposite, it will continue to self tighten. The Loctite will make it much much harder should you ever want to replace the plate because the gears wear out. I would not recommend this.

Ok thanks for the info !!!
    Ron !!!!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post

why do we need to send the original backing plate for conversion to edge system,? does it means that the original backing plate from flex will just to be modified to edge system or it will just replace the whole plate? Does the edge conversion come with threads too to make a forced rotation?

Post Thanks / Like

How about a site where I can order the attachment for my Flex. That looks like it will come in handy. Thanks in advance! I'm still waiting on info where I can get the adapter
    Last edited by Showroom Shine; 06-14-2008 at 08:01 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast