autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash sponges

So I have ordered the Big Red Sponge and the Ultra Black Sponge.

Got a chance to use the BRS but not UBS but figure the close in use. Not sure how I feel about it. The ease of use and feel on the paint we’re both great.

I did a two bucket. DirtLock and an once of N 914, 3 gallons of water in rinse bucket and just 2 gallons of water and once of n914 in bucket, no grit gaurd.

The car was pretty dirty.

So issue 1 was the sponge was removing the dirt but instead of staying in wash media like MF towels it would encapsulate it in beads of rinseless on paint.

So my issue is thinking when I dry the liquid will soak into drying towel leaving the dirt to wipe into paint.

I did trunk lid half and half. Half with BRS and half with en EE500.

BRS:

EE500:

Noticeably less encapsulated dirt on the EE side. So when I dry the dirt is gonna be wiped into paint?

I understand this can happen with wet MF towel but I think I use good technique and roll the towel as I’m wiping thus not wiping the dirt into panel.

I could do this with drying towels but would have to use a lot more.

Maybe I’m not getting it and hope other Rinseless sponge users could explain.

Next issue was release of dirt. I rinsed in rinse bucket rubbing back and forth against grit gaurd and then ringing out. This was my solution bucket (not rinse) when I was done with wash. A lot of dirt left after rinsing.

Wash bucket:

Rinse bucket:

Rinse bucket removed DirtLock

I would not feel safe using just one bucket with the amount of dirt left in second bucket.

Was car to dirty for sponge?

Will the encapsulated dirt scratch paint?

Was my method wrong?

Just figure it be nice to get a thread started about this line of wash media and to hear what the forum has to chime in about it.

Your experiences?

If you do rinsless are you team Spong or MF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash sponges

I bought grout sponges years ago when it was the big thing and they are still in the wrappers in storage somewhere

I never could bring myself to use them

I am a multiple towel, use each side once and then toss it in the dirty towel bucket, never dip it back in the solution bucket kind of guy

Your "encapsulation" pictures are great but that scares the crap out of me having that much dirt floating around

Edited to add, I probably better take a long hard look next time I do a rinseless on a light colored car and see if my plush towels are leaving dirt behind like that

Now I just need a garage and a victim

3. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I bought grout sponges years ago when it was the big thing and they are still in the wrappers in storage somewhere

I never could bring myself to use them

I am a multiple towel, use each side once and then toss it in the dirty towel bucket, never dip it back in the solution bucket kind of guy

Your "encapsulation" pictures are great but that scares the crap out of me having that much dirt floating around

Edited to add, I probably better take a long hard look next time I do a rinseless on a light colored car and see if my plush towels are leaving dirt behind like that

Now I just need a garage and a victim
    I have a pic of a 50/50 above with an Eagle Edgeless and the MF towel side has no dirt left behind.

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw that

It’s just something that’s always kind of freaked me out

Like the whole rinseless concept really shouldn’t work but it does, but you still have that little voice in the back of your head saying “don’t buy into the hype”

I remember the YouTube video 15 or so years back where they wiped down a black Ferrari or Lamborghini or something demonstrating ONR

The car and wheels were filthy

Just went after that car with ONR like ugly on a gorilla

Freaked me the hell out and to this day I’m not convinced witchcraft isn’t involved in the whole process

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got the Big Red Sponge and I didn’t notice the encapsulated dirt as I was really just getting dirty rain spots off but I’ll pay attention to it more closely thanks to your pictures. I do like the sponge but yeah, the encapsulated dirt potentially getting on the drying towel would not work for me. And I bought two sponges dammit. . They may become my non-rinseless wash sponges and go back to multiple towels for my rinseless.

Post Thanks / Like

Been using the sponge for years and won't make the move back to multiple towels. It is much more efficient and I have not had any issues. The only reason I use multiple towels is to show it on videos for demonstration purposes.

The BRS needs to soak in the bucket for some time. It will soften up and it will soften up with time. The UBS does not.

There is a limit as to how dirty a car can be dirty. But even with dirty cars I have been able to do some impressive things with a rinseless. Heck I even used it to wash the cars here at home during the fire season and ash was on the paint. Heavy pre-soak was the key.

Or simply rinse the paint off with water first and then proceed to rinseless.

Trust the science with the dirt not contaminating the sponge. That is the purpose of a rinseless.

Also you have multiple sides to a drying towel and since you are on this forum that means you multiple drying towels. A little dirt is fine to see transferred on to the towel.

I have showcased many rinseless washes as of late on my channel.

10. Thanks dgage, opie, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As I I think most of you know, I’m too scared to use a sponge. It’s multiple mitts only for me. I’ll use a sponge on other surfaces, like my house windows.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the Microfiber Madness clones by The Clean Garage. Been super happy.Rinseless wash sponges-korean-microfiber-wash-pad-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I've been using the Microfiber Madness clones by The Clean Garage. Been super happy.Rinseless wash sponges-korean-microfiber-wash-pad-jpg
    For rinseless? If so what’s your method?

Post Thanks / Like

Same as a Micro but 1 side 1 way flip. Dunk next... I bought 4 (8 swipes) ULTRA PLUSH KOREAN MICROFIBER WASH MITT MINT GREEN 4 PACK 10X10
    There was no such animal last time I was doing cars. Now I have RINSELESS garb coming out of my ears. Got the Fuzion today and Froth. I was happy with N-914 but am on the foam kick!
    Forgot to mention COCrack There is a sponge in the middle. There not mitts.

16. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast