autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash sponges

Dana i actually first saw these on youtube tonight! eddie colon's channel. One funny dude lol

Post Thanks / Like

WELL? Are you going to make me go and find it and sit through the whole video? Or can you just tell me if he thinks there worth a dam?

3. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    WELL? Are you going to make me go and find it and sit through the whole video? Or can you just tell me if he thinks there worth a dam?
    haha its what he uses. Very funny guy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm too lazy to go back, who are the "detailers" people don't like hereRinseless wash sponges

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    Back when I used Wolfgang Uber for rinseless, my BRS would also get dirty/stained. After switching to N-914 it cleaned the BRS and it looks brand new again. I had purchased another BRS expecting to replace it but that one is still in the package due to how N-914 keeps mine looking great.
    That is what I noticed as well. Using Uber Rinseless would leave the BRS dark/black in spots. With N-914, the BRS gets clean after a single rinse in the bucket, even doing a rocker panel that turned it almost black. So N-914 is my go-to rinseless with the BRS though I haven’t tried some of the more recent strong rinseless washes such as Feynlab.

7. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I watch a lot of detailing content, I have learnt so much from watching other people, I'm a visual learner. However, I tend to know who is the real deal and who are just making videos to gain fame and fortune.

I watched this one the other day, from very early on I was perplexed at his techniques and product choices.

Check out his very strange and time-wasting wash and decontamination process. Not to mention using Turtle Wax soap, only because it was cheap. His polishing technique looks super random and sloppy, calling the polisher he was using as a Maxshine when the footage clearly shows a ShineMate. I also think he was far too generous with the CanCoat on his application towel, including his haphazard in spraying the product close to the vehicle.

I feel if you are going to make an instructional video, you really have to be accurate in what you do and say.
    That ones interesting… I’m halfways willing to give him a pass on his wash technique simply because he was prepping the car, however in this case he actually didn’t use a polish with any abrasives, so any swirls he could’ve inflicted during that improper wash would’ve made it onto the final result.

And then there’s the whole “but the paint is white” thing, not to mention the car didn’t even look dirty to begin with… But at the end of the day I have to agree, that wash technique was brutal.Rinseless wash spongeslol. And ya gotta dock him points for having what looked like his son help with the wash process because that’s just another person touching a customers vehicle improperly.

Huge mishmash of products even though I know he’s got so many products and probably feels like he needs to use them up somehow, but maybe it wasn’t the best look for this type of video. And the choice to iron decon after the wash only to wash again afterwards was redundant.

I watch his vids sometimes mostly for info on new products. He provides a down to earth prospective and strikes me as a guy who loves to try everything new that comes out. And we all have a little bit of that in us, so for that I tend to like his content.

Post Thanks / Like

...the flip flops though and spraying technique by the younger guy, like he's never used a spray bottle beforeRinseless wash spongesRinseless wash spongesRinseless wash sponges

...the way they dried the car, like they just learned how to wash a carRinseless wash sponges

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I ended up ordering an Ultra Black Sponge...................like I needed it but you know how it is!

12. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Well, I ended up ordering an Ultra Black Sponge...................like I needed it but you know how it is!
    I know exactly how it is… my arrived yesterday

14. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Wash bucket:

Rinse bucket:

Rinse bucket removed DirtLock

1 last thing I wanted to add for comparison sake with the OP. This is in reference to the rinseless wash I did in post #49^

I already showed these next 2 pics in my previous post. Btw I have to say that especially considering how much dirt was in the rinse bucket, the wash bucket was remarkably clean after the rinseless.

Look at how much dirt was underneath the Grit Guard in the rinse bucket.

And like I said, it actually felt safe, or at least safe enough considering the vehicle and it’s paint color, etc. but seeing how clean the wash bucket stayed throughout the process and seeing all that dirt at the bottom of the rinse bucket is pretty satisfying.

I must say, I’m impressed by the McKee’s N-914 when compared to Wolfgang Uber when using the BRS, because the Uber simply doesn’t release the dirt from the sponge anywhere near as good as the McKee’s. It’s like night/day and if you’re using a sponge or just 1 piece of wash media that makes a big difference.

“Wash media”… How long’s it been since anyone’s said that? Lol.

16. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast