autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash sponges

You have valid points, I see how your pictures make it seem unsafe but the dirt being encapsulated in the water beads make it safer for being wiped off. I’ve never done a rinseless on a white car to see that, in my dark color cars it always just looks like beads, many times that aren’t that much left though as it gets pushed out with the sponge.

I like the BRS much better than using many towels. Not because towels are bad, but the folding and flipping is much more time consuming than just using the sponge. I use 2 buckets as you did but my rinse bucket only has water in it.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Been using the sponge for years and won't make the move back to multiple towels. It is much more efficient and I have not had any issues. The only reason I use multiple towels is to show it on videos for demonstration purposes.
    How is the big red sponge more efficient than the multi towel 1 per panel method?

In my mind it would be slower and less efficent due to the fact of having to dip the sponge into a clean bucket and working it against the grit guard and then re dippin in your rinseless solution bucket. Thats one one of the reasons i quit the single wash media method.

Mind you i have yet to try a rinseless.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

3. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been using rinseless for about 10 years because in many cases I did not have a hose available for the car. I don’t see any way shape or form that rinseless works with anything but the multiple towel method, simply because it leaves the wash solution completely virgin as you never go back to it with a dirty towel, sponge, etc. To me that’s the key of rinseless, towels come out of the bucket, but never go back in. I use 4-6 towels per car.Then again , my cars never get really dirty as they are all garage kept and we have no dirty winters here in Florida.
    Glen -

5. Likes opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BRS, Gauntlet towel, Extreme solutions topper drying aid.

7. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use one fluffy 16” towel folded in 4’s.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    So I have ordered the Big Red Sponge and the Ultra Black Sponge.

Got a chance to use the BRS but not UBS but figure the close in use. Not sure how I feel about it. The ease of use and feel on the paint we’re both great.

I did a two bucket. DirtLock and an once of N 914, 3 gallons of water in rinse bucket and just 2 gallons of water and once of n914 in bucket, no grit gaurd.

The car was pretty dirty.

So issue 1 was the sponge was removing the dirt but instead of staying in wash media like MF towels it would encapsulate it in beads of rinseless on paint.

So my issue is thinking when I dry the liquid will soak into drying towel leaving the dirt to wipe into paint.

I did trunk lid half and half. Half with BRS and half with en EE500.

BRS:

EE500:

Noticeably less encapsulated dirt on the EE side. So when I dry the dirt is gonna be wiped into paint?

I understand this can happen with wet MF towel but I think I use good technique and roll the towel as I’m wiping thus not wiping the dirt into panel.

I could do this with drying towels but would have to use a lot more.

Maybe I’m not getting it and hope other Rinseless sponge users could explain.

Next issue was release of dirt. I rinsed in rinse bucket rubbing back and forth against grit gaurd and then ringing out. This was my solution bucket (not rinse) when I was done with wash. A lot of dirt left after rinsing.

Wash bucket:

Rinse bucket:

Rinse bucket removed DirtLock

I would not feel safe using just one bucket with the amount of dirt left in second bucket.

Was car to dirty for sponge?

Will the encapsulated dirt scratch paint?

Was my method wrong?

Just figure it be nice to get a thread started about this line of wash media and to hear what the forum has to chime in about it.

Your experiences?

If you do rinsless are you team Spong or MF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team? No team. lol

I'm thinking about trying the UBS myself - simply because it cheaper than the BRS - or loading up on some quality microfibers, i really enjoy rinseless washes but i still pre-rinse the car. Good thread.

I don't think i will be using traditional shampoo much going forward. I can live with a few swirls.

10. Likes chilly, dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Same as a Micro but 1 side 1 way flip. Dunk next... I bought 4 (8 swipes) ULTRA PLUSH KOREAN MICROFIBER WASH MITT MINT GREEN 4 PACK 10X10
    There was no such animal last time I was doing cars. Now I have RINSELESS garb coming out of my ears. Got the Fuzion today and Froth. I was happy with N-914 but am on the foam kick!
    Forgot to mention COCrack There is a sponge in the middle. There not mitts.
    So 4 Pad isn’t getting whole car done. Two bucket method?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    You have valid points, I see how your pictures make it seem unsafe but the dirt being encapsulated in the water beads make it safer for being wiped off. I’ve never done a rinseless on a white car to see that, in my dark color cars it always just looks like beads, many times that aren’t that much left though as it gets pushed out with the sponge.

I like the BRS much better than using many towels. Not because towels are bad, but the folding and flipping is much more time consuming than just using the sponge. I use 2 buckets as you did but my rinse bucket only has water in it.
    I put rinseless in rinse bucket as you ring out it leaves some water so as not to dilute. Probably overkill.

I’m not worried about wiping it off. I trust the product. My Worried is when wiped off the rinseless soaks into the towel leaving the dirt on it and then wiping the paint again.

I usually use 2 16x16 towels PFM’s. I think now what, 6?or more?

13. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get better drying towels than those pluffles for rinseless. Especially that size you will be going through many of them. I use the gauntlet as the initial drying towel. Pluffles are better if you plan to go to the multiple towel method.

15. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I put rinseless in rinse bucket as you ring out it leaves some water so as not to dilute. Probably overkill.

I’m not worried about wiping it off. I trust the product. My Worried is when wiped off the rinseless soaks into the towel leaving the dirt on it and then wiping the paint again.

I usually use 2 16x16 towels PFM’s. I think now what, 6?or more?

2 PFMs are enough on my GTI. Pretty much one of each 8 sides per panel.
    I should also mention I don’t do rinseless if the car is too dirty. If that’s the case, it gets a full 2BM wash or at least sprayed down first before the rinseless.
    Bruno Soares

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast