autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel/tire detailing roller stand....recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    DFB, With that itty bitty plastic table, is it secure enough to not wanna fall flat with a 22/23 inch wheel assembly ?
    Or is there makeshift screws on frame to table I'm not seeing.
    Obviously have to experience it 1st person, but I would be thinking a wheel assembly on a table setup like that....the weight of the wheel would still rock the roller stand ?
    Yeah, don't use a blow molded plastic table from the hardware store like I did. It's just too narrow and too light to be a viable solution, especially on Swisstrax. I really need to look into a more stable solution for this.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh, you had me do a double take

I just put mine together. Even without a wheel, the VERT piece is very top heavy and even just a slight pressure will want to make the entire thing tip.

I think a commercial kitchen cart would be perfect for this (depending how thick the SS top is), it should be thick enough to also drill a hole to mount the stand to it
    And given its SS, it's perfect given the use case - aka, lotsa chems and liquids being thrown at it. The smaller the better - it just needs to be large enough to serve as a rolling SS cart IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Heh, you had me do a double take

I just put mine together. Even without a wheel, the VERT piece is very top heavy and even just a slight pressure will want to make the entire thing tip.

I think a commercial kitchen cart would be perfect for this (depending how thick the SS top is), it should be thick enough to also drill a hole to mount the stand to it
    And given its SS, it's perfect given the use case - aka, lotsa chems and liquids being thrown at it. The smaller the better - it just needs to be large enough to serve as a rolling SS cart IMO
    I've been thinking about this subject every since you brought it up.

I'm currently looking at something like this, a folding work bench...................

https://www.amazon.com.au/Stanley-Fo...8afe5d466&th=1

Size wise, it should be fine, and should also allow you to clamp the wheel stand down if needed. It's being plastic means I could wash or use chemicals on it without destroying a steal or wooden bench.

Thoughts?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123