autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Stool bucket combo??

Due to a recent back injury, I cannot get down to clean wheels etc as easily as before. I have a mechanics stool that works well, but dragging waterhose, bucket, etc is quite the mess. To add to the difficulty, my driveway does slope just enough to the street and to one side a bucket on wheels, and MYSELF, have headed down the drive without care.

So I was thinking of connecting stool and bucket tray together. Then got to thinking surely someone already has done such a thing. I did find the following, not on AG thus why only the pic & no info. I would prefer this kind of setup, but able to use one of the gazillion buckets I already have. Does Mr Phillips have such a thing? If not, why not? I would think it would be a nice product. The one thing that would make it better is if there was type of brake so old guys like me don’t accidentally shoot it out from under us if we bend over a bit too much.

Any ideas, or leads? Thank you for ya’lls time.

IF IT DOESN'T SHINE, IT ISN'T MINE

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stool bucket combo??

I don’t see any picture but I use the Mychanic Detailing Rig and really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you dgage. Guessin I didn't do pic right. The pic was of the mychanic you have. I'll get that if I don't find something that uses the typical bucket.

Thanks again.
    IF IT DOESN'T SHINE, IT ISN'T MINE

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased the Mychanic stool thru Hammacher Schlemmer. I searched for a online coupon for free shipping, and if you sign up for their email distro is was another 15% off. I just unscubscribed a week after the stool arrived. $89 delivered

Post Thanks / Like

I also ditched the included bottle holder and added a bicycle bottle cage.
    Attached Images Attached Images Stool bucket combo??-bike-cage-jpeg 

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 72Malibu View Post

Due to a recent back injury, I cannot get down to clean wheels etc as easily as before.

Does Mr Phillips have such a thing? If not, why not?

I would think it would be a nice product. The one thing that would make it better is if there was type of brake so old guys like me don’t accidentally shoot it out from under us if we bend over a bit too much.

Any ideas, or leads? Thank you for ya’lls time.

The code you inserted for the picture is corrupted or something? Hee's what it looks like in Code View.

I personally don't see how one of these rolling stools would work to clean wheels and tires.

The bucket is in the way as it would be right in front of the wheel and tire.

And you'll still end up bending over, even while seated, to reach the lower part of the wheel and tire as well as inner portions of the wheel.

I get what everyone is trying to do - I just don't see the benefit of any type of rolling chair when it comes to cleaning wheels and tires unless the seat is about 1" off the ground.

Mike Phillips

To date, we don't have a car lift here at Autogeek. I've asked.

So without a car lift to lift the car off the ground and thus lift the dirty wheels and tires off the ground, the next best thing I've found is the Autogeek Knee & Back Cushion only instead of using it for my knees I use it for my butt.

And yep.... even when sitting on the ground directly in front of the wheel and tire you'll still end up leaning forward and stressing your lower back if you're going to reach into the inner portions of the wheel or even the wheel well.

I have washed a shot ton of cars in my life and I hate washing wheels and tires. That's why I always get it over with at the very start. Plus there's another reason.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd imagine AG's liability insurance would go up dramatically with a lift installed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

So without a car lift to lift the car off the ground and thus lift the dirty wheels and tires off the ground, the next best thing I've found is the Autogeek Knee & Back Cushion only instead of using it for my knees I use it for my butt.

And yep.... even when sitting on the ground directly in front of the wheel and tire you'll still end up leaning forward and stressing your lower back if you're going to reach into the inner portions of the wheel or even the wheel well.

Yup. I have tried many different things, but just plopping my butt on the ground with a foam cushion is the only viable way for me.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

not sure if I am adding value to this thread. I use this in conjunction with a cushion floor knee pad when I am working on the lower part of the vehicle. its a meditation bench.

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast