autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Flex cordless blower or Kobalt Compact Jobsite blower

So I was wandering Lowes yesterday looking for a couple of sockets, and happened to see the 24V Compact Jobsite Blower from Kobalt. It looked just like the Flex blower, with the rubber extension, etc. I literally was checking autogeek for specs and accessories while looking it at it. It all seems the same besides the fact that it takes a 24v 4amp or 2.5amp battery. Is this the same tool just rebranded? It however does not come with battery or charger (both sold separately). But for the price I'm highly tempted. Thoughts, opinions, jokes, one-liners? (one aspect that I like about it, it can be made small enough to fit in one of my workbox trunks).

Mike Phillips

Re: Flex cordless blower or Kobalt Compact Jobsite blower

Quote Originally Posted by nrengle View Post

So I was wandering Lowes yesterday looking for a couple of sockets, and happened to see the 24V Compact Jobsite Blower from Kobalt. It looked just like the Flex blower, with the rubber extension, etc. I literally was checking autogeek for specs and accessories while looking it at it. It all seems the same besides the fact that it takes a 24v 4amp or 2.5amp battery.

Is this the same tool just rebranded? It however does not come with battery or charger (both sold separately). But for the price I'm highly tempted.

Thoughts, opinions, jokes, one-liners? (one aspect that I like about it, it can be made small enough to fit in one of my workbox trunks).

Haven't seen the Kobalt myself.

I know FLEX was purchased by CHERVON and CHERVON owns EGO and lately I've see some ads on TV for the EGO Leaf Blower that look impressive.

The FLEX Blower is not the strongest "blower" on the market but it is really nice and well-built. The lithium ion battery technology it uses is TOP SHELF. I've tested other battery operated tools and nothing compares to the FLEX or CHERVON rechargeable battery technology.

Here's my review for the FLEX Blower

Review: FLEX BW-18 Cordless Blower by Mike Phillips

The FLEX BW-18 Cordless Blower

The one in the picture above was given to me personally by FLEX at SEMA when it was introduced and I in turn showed it to my wife. Now it's hers. She blows the leaves off the patio and stairs at our house.

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know about the Pixie batteries and charger. I'm actually interested in it.

And that is definitely the biggest pet peeve of mine is this battery technology crap. I have a Porter cable drill, circular saw, reciprocating saw, jigsaw combo, a Hitachi drill/driver set, another cheap Harbor Freight set, and a DeWalt set (Home tools, A rig, B rig, Fly rig tools all around the world) and none of them work with each other. And if I get the Pixie for what I'm thinking of doing that's three more that I'll be buying and three more chargers, and three-six more batteries. I just wish there was a standard at some point... And then to top it off the Porta-band that I want from DeWalt is a different battery setup, so. I'm half tempted to go buy all Festool and be done with it.

Post Thanks / Like

The same year, the Kobalt line expanded to include cordless power tools,[8] manufactured by Chervon.[9]

According to Wikipedia this was 2011

Post Thanks / Like

My neighbor down the street who I am friendly with bought the same Kobalt cordless blower you mentioned, and he raves about it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Flex makes good products (I own three polishers) but for a blower, I purchased the Milwaukee 18v blower to go with the rest of my Milwaukee 18v tools. It works fantastic with the rubber attachment end, or there is a plastic end with three attachments for tighter spaces. I use it regularly and it was only $79 as a bare tool to add to my arsenal. Milwaukee M18 Compact Blower | Acme Tools

Post Thanks / Like

If you have Kobalt line then 'go for it'! I have used the Flex but had Ryobi at home in my basic drill and impact. Last year during the HomeDepot Ryobi deal days they had a special on the 3Amp battery kit, buy two for $99 and choice your tool of choice. My first was the personal fan but on the next trip I saw it include the blower. Bought my next set of batteries and grabbed a free blower. That is used now all the time on car spot drying and everywhere else around the home. It really sucks the battery if run at top speed. These small shop 'spot' blowers are all the same build, strictly from the case moulding. So having one is a plus for being cordless. Otherwise the Master Blaster Jr. or similar will out blow these but dragging the cord is the downside. The Flex is good if you are already using their battery system.