autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys 15mm DA vs Max Shine 15mm

I bought both but can’t seem to decide which one I want to keep. Which is the better machine for the money.

To me it seems like that Max shine stars less. And there’s also a little bit later. Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Re: Chemical Guys 15mm DA vs Max Shine 15mm

Quote Originally Posted by jzaldivar View Post

I bought both but can’t seem to decide which one I want to keep. Which is the better machine for the money.

To me it seems like that Max shine stars less. And there’s also a little bit later. Any input is appreciated.

I've never used either of these models so I don't have any real-world experience.

Just thought I would reply since coming to work this morning I see no one else has replied either.

Post Thanks / Like

Those were two i first looked at when first starting out. Couldnt find any realky negative reviews on the maxshine so ordered over the CG 15mm.

Ordered that and compared to griots boss as thats who was making them for Griots so had to be almost as good right? The Griots ended up being a smoother machine and quieter.

I’d recommend returning both and getting a Griots Boss 15. With life time warranty its worth it.

4. Likes KBsToy, Thomkirby, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Those were two i first looked at when first starting out. Couldnt find any realky negative reviews on the maxshine so ordered over the CG 15mm.

Ordered that and compared to griots boss as thats who was making them for Griots so had to be almost as good right? The Griots ended up being a smoother machine and quieter.

I’d recommend returning both and getting a Griots Boss 15. With life time warranty its worth it.

From what I've read from some users, the G15 seems to be lacking in pad spinning torque.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

First DA i used. 2016 mustang, tons of curved panels. After 1st hour was not an issue. Tried a Rupes no difference in performance.

Im not saying the Griots is same quality machine. Just performed the same to me....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

This really good advice from coatingsarecrack

Post Thanks / Like

Sell both and get a Rupes MarkIII. It should last a lifetime so why by second rate tools? At least thats my philosophy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    From what I've read from some users, the G15 seems to be lacking in pad spinning torque.
    I have the Griots and the MarkIII and it's no comparison. The mark III is better in every way especially as far as stalling. I know a lot of fellow posters get very upset when I say this but it is my 100% honest opinion.

I don't have anything against Griots at all and I already know a lot of people will not except it but I bought both machines with good money and I'm allowed to report my experience.

10. Likes Rsurfer, KBsToy liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully my experience will help you.
    I purchased 2 MaxShine machines. The new updated for 2019 M15 Pro Series 5" as well as the M312 3". I made this purchase as I will use anything from 1-4 times per year (most likely) for my own stuff or helping friends. These are very good machines, dare I say great FOR THE MONEY. Figured they fit the bill for my usage needs......well, I used once...….
    During one of these helping a friend experiences, a 3rd friend came over with his Rupes Mark III and LHR75 5" and 3" respectively. When using both side-by-side, it was clear, the Rupes stuff was just in another league. I still have my MaxShine units, I packed them nicely back in the boxes, and did what I should have done in the first place, ordered both Rupes machines immediately. Even though I will not be using much, the experience was just different, worth me making the quick change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I have the Griots and the MarkIII and it's no comparison. The mark III is better in every way especially as far as stalling. I know a lot of fellow posters get very upset when I say this but it is my 100% honest opinion.

I don't have anything against Griots at all and I already know a lot of people will not except it but I bought both machines with good money and I'm allowed to report my experience.
    You selling your GG15 yet?!

Last a lifetime? That's a laughable statement when you have to pay to send it in and pay to have it fixed immediately after your one year warranty is over. Dont spread nonsense. And gotta love their customers reps, like Todd, that come on here to brag about their firsts, but when their customers need them because of all the issues they are having, they dissapear.

A good salesrep stands by their products and customers!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

13. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty, PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast