autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys 15mm DA vs Max Shine 15mm

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I have the Griots and the MarkIII and it's no comparison. The mark III is better in every way especially as far as stalling. I know a lot of fellow posters get very upset when I say this but it is my 100% honest opinion.

I don't have anything against Griots at all and I already know a lot of people will not except it but I bought both machines with good money and I'm allowed to report my experience.
    To each their own. It wasn’t a mark lll i tested but the ll was model out when i purchased. Funny but reason i didnt buy Rupes was cuz all the stalling and “technique” messages i read right on this forum.

When I got to try a Rupes I experience no actual advantage to Rupes.

Maybe mark lll is better. Reason i mentioned Griots is its better than a maxshine or CG and it’s definitely cheaper than a Rupes. Maybe its different technique with the machines but i had little to no stall issues with the griots as a first time polisher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    You selling your GG15 yet?!

Last a lifetime? That's a laughable statement when you have to pay to send it in and pay to have it fixed immediately after your one year warranty is over. Dont spread nonsense. And gotta love their customers reps, like Todd, that come on here to brag about their firsts, but when their customers need them because of all the issues they are having, they dissapear.

A good salesrep stands by their products and customers!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Let it go, it's not personal or nonsense. If you love Griots so much why don't you go marry him? I take care of my tools and a lifetime may be a stretch but good top quality tools that are well maintained last a very long time.

3. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    To each their own. It wasn’t a mark lll i tested but the ll was model out when i purchased. Funny but reason i didnt buy Rupes was cuz all the stalling and “technique” messages i read right on this forum.

When I got to try a Rupes I experience no actual advantage to Rupes.

Maybe mark lll is better. Reason i mentioned Griots is its better than a maxshine or CG and it’s definitely cheaper than a Rupes. Maybe its different technique with the machines but i had little to no stall issues with the griots as a first time polisher.

Yeah I guess they fixed it on the markIII as far as stalling which until then was a problem on all long throw machines. Technique and body lines I'm sure come onto play but my G15 stalled the second it even touched a slight elevation on my hood. I tried it a bunch of times a bunch of different ways before I gave up on it. I haven't checked the prices lately but I remember my G15 being quite expensive. But then again I bought it when it first came out. Next up is the MarkIII 21

Post Thanks / Like

Let it go, it's not personal or nonsense. If you love Griots so much why don't you go marry him? I take care of my tools and a lifetime may be a stretch but good top quality tools that are well maintained last a very long time.
    Go marry him, how old are you 12?

I love Griots because they are good quality products backed by amazing customer service with a lifetime warranty. How many times have you read a Griot's customer praise their customer service because when they had an issue Griots jumped on it immediately. They will even ship you an upgraded model, when requested. There is no spend money to have it shipped to their factory, pay money to have it diagnosed, and then pay money to have it fixed. Their customer service representatives and marketers dont dissapear when you have an issue! Griots stands by their products and customers!

Finally, if by taking care of your products you mean not using it, then yes it will last forever. The customers having issues with Rupes are actually using their polishers.

6. Likes brianc636, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Go marry him, how old are you 12?

I love Griots because they are good quality products backed by amazing customer service with a lifetime warranty. How many times have you read a Griot's customer praise their customer service because when they had an issue Griots jumped on it immediately. They will even ship you an upgraded model, when requested. There is no spend money to have it shipped to their factory, pay money to have it diagnosed, and then pay money to have it fixed. Their customer service representatives and marketers dont dissapear when you have an issue! Griots stands by their products and customers!

Finally, if by taking care of your products you mean not using it, then yes it will last forever. The customers having issues with Rupes are actually using their polishers.

Sounds like someone has had problems with their Rupes.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I guess they fixed it on the markIII as far as stalling which until then was a problem on all long throw machines. Technique and body lines I'm sure come onto play but my G15 stalled the second it even touched a slight elevation on my hood. I tried it a bunch of times a bunch of different ways before I gave up on it. I haven't checked the prices lately but I remember my G15 being quite expensive. But then again I bought it when it first came out. Next up is the MarkIII 21
    Yeah griots is $365. AG has a package that comes with 5 boss pads ($50) BF pad cleaner ($10) and 3 supreme 530 MF’s ($20) for $379. Get on sale cost me $305. To get same value rupes would be closer to $600. Again i have no issues with Saying the Rupes is an excellent polisher probably better than the griots.

To a non pro though i think you can get almost as good results for half the price. If the mark III was out i may have gotten that to be honest as i will pay for better..... just dont know how better it is.

Also if yours stalls that easily something may be wrong. Contact Griots.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah griots is $365. AG has a package that comes with 5 boss pads ($50) BF pad cleaner ($10) and 3 supreme 530 MF’s ($20) for $379. Get on sale cost me $305. To get same value rupes would be closer to $600.

To me, this is the entire argument.

1) If you are just doing your own cars/trucks you need a quality machine, but not necasarily one that a professional detailer would use day in, day out.

2) As someone who uses the tool maybe 4 times a year, a bit more smoothness isn't worth an extra 300 bucks.

3) And the most important thing....... I would expect the higher dollar machine to come with the lifetime warranty. (Pay the extra money, and we have your back.)

Unfortunately, it is the opposite. Whenever I buy any power tool, detail related or not, I NEED to know I have customer support/peace of mind.

It's really that simple. If your product is so much better, and costs so much more, have the (manhood) to stand behind it no matter what issue arises.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Thanks DETAILROOKIE thanked for this post
    Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys 15mm DA vs Max Shine 15mm

Just saw in another thread AG is out of stock and Griots has them on sale for $225. I assume their going to upgrade similar to G9. The difference i dont think will be that great to pass up on an awesome long throw for that price.

Have no need for a 21mm but those are $244.

At that price its cheaper than a CG and $50-60 more than a Maxshine!

A g15 and a g8 for $350.... awesome pair

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah griots is $365.

$224 right now at Griots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AV8R View Post
    $224 right now at Griots.
    Yeah saw that last night and posted. AG not having any i assume means update to cord. I heard new G series is new manufacturer ao maybe all out new machine.

G15 is a beast so hopefully just some up dates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12