autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Maxshine M15 Polisher?

Just bought this polisher and would like to opinions before using to see if I should get another one instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Maxshine M15 Polisher?

Scott from Dallas Paint Correction & Brian from Apex Detailing on Youtube both love it. It's less than half the price of the Griots G15, which would probably be the machine people would compare it to. I think the general consensus is for the price it's amazing. The M15 Pro has better bearings inside, and a few upgrades/tweaks.

3. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered that and the boss15. Wanted to see if boss was worth it..... sent M15 back no comparison. For price it seems good. Has lifetime waranty but don’t know about customer service. AutoGeek had a great deal where you got 6 griots pads with for $379. They had it 20% off and threw in a $50 dollar gift card so cost me $75 more.

It was louder and had more vibration. I feel it would do the same job if your OK with those two things. For price I got for and griots world class CS it was no brainer.

With maxshine price drop vs griots retail it’s now almost double. Up to you if worth it.. If your doing for work invest in your machines. If doing for hobby, if I had to do again, I’d look at the griots g9. Less expensive and great machine.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

I ordered that and the boss15. Wanted to see if boss was worth it..... sent M15 back no comparison.

It was louder and had more vibration.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I hate to assume but just so others reading this don't have to wonder, when you say you sent the M15 back, you mean you sent the Maxshine 15 back?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by jzaldivar View Post

Just bought this polisher and would like to opinions before using to see if I should get another one instead.

I think Coatingsarecrack gave you some pretty sound advice based upon real experience.

Whatever tool you end up with, the RUPES pads, in my opinion and experience work great on the Griot's BOSS tools with less vibration. The Griot's is a redesign of the RUPES tools and the Maxshine is a copy of the Griot's/RUPES tools.

The only thing Griot's didn't copy when re-designing their tool based off the RUPES tool was their pads. One thing I show in all my classes is how the RUPES pads are designed for the RUPES tools BUT they also work great on any version of their tools.

The Air Test - Using NON RUPES pads on RUPES Polishers by Mike Phillips

7. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I hate to assume but just so others reading this don't have to wonder, when you say you sent the M15 back, you mean you sent the Maxshine 15 back?

Yeah... the maxshine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

The only thing Griot's didn't copy when re-designing their tool based off the RUPES tool was their pads. One thing I show in all my classes is how the RUPES pads are designed for the RUPES tools BUT they also work great on any version of their tools.

The Air Test - Using NON RUPES pads on RUPES Polishers by Mike Phillips

Thanks for that. I tried the lake country flats and CCS and the boss pads out performed them both. I’ll give the Rupes a try next. I read the yellows are nice anyone else you’d say is a must have?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m gonna be the odd ball here. I tried most 15mm throw machines out there. I ended up with the Flex XFE 15. I chose it for overall smoothness, quietness and light weight. That being said, I only finish with a DA. For cutting/compounding I use a rotary or gear driven forced action DA (3401). Honestly I love the Flex personally. I also feel it has the best finishing capabilities out of all long throw DAs.
    Jim

11. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

I’m gonna be the odd ball here. I tried most 15mm throw machines out there. I ended up with the Flex XFE 15.
    I agree and so do most of the older people that take my classes. They get to use all the popular tools on the market and that Autogeek sells, (which is the majority of the tools).

I chose it for overall smoothness, quietness and light weight.

I agree here too. The cordless version is a great option too.

The key with the FINISHER is to understand the name and use it accordingly. It's not the MAJOR CORRECTION BUFFER - it's the F-I-N-S-H-E-R - Named by our very own Dan Tran.

It's for the finishing work.

That being said, I only finish with a DA. For cutting/compounding I use a rotary or gear driven forced action DA (3401).
    Same here.

I use the rotary to remove sanding marks, otherwise I can do most correction jobs using the SUPA BEAST. If I need a rotary then I like the Cordless PE14.

I also almost always finish out with the SUPA BEAST unless the paint is soft or finicky and then it's best to switch over to a free spinning polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m gonna be the odd ball here. I tried most 15mm throw machines out there. I ended up with the Flex XFE 15. I chose it for overall smoothness, quietness and light weight. That being said, I only finish with a DA. For cutting/compounding I use a rotary or gear driven forced action DA (3401). Honestly I love the Flex personally. I also feel it has the best finishing capabilities out of all long throw DAs.
    I tried the Flex Finisher side by side with the Rupes 15 in Mikes 2day roadshow class in Denver. It was day 2 where we were using different combos. I was blown away at the way the Flex finished with Rupes yellow Mille pads. I bought one the Monday after class. With the yellow Mille pads, it is my go to finishing combo