autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about mounting my pressure washer to my roll cart need opinions

I am refurbishing a roll to use for detailing. This cart was in storage for years at work unused. I was able to obtain it so I can put to work doing details at home. It needs cleaned up and some paint. My pressure washer is a stationary unit that weighs around 80 pounds. Right now I keep it by the edge of my garage door and lift it into the driveway when needed. I have arthritis in my back and some other lower back issues from a accident I was in 17 years ago that caused me to have major back and spine surgery and missed 6 months of work.

I am thinking about mounting the pressure washer to the bottom shelf of the cart and making a couple of drain holes for water to run out of and coat the shelf with spray in bed liner to hopefully slow down rust. Hoses can be stored on the bottom shelf as well when not in use. The top shelf can be used for my spray bottles, brushes and ect. My thinking is this will make getting my pressure washer in and out easier and after a afternoon of detailing when my back hurts I won’t have to hope one of my teenage boys is home to put it up for me. It will also save that much room in the garage. Good idea or recipe for disaster? I didn’t know if anyone had done this before or not and it not worked out as planned. Please give me your opinions.

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about mounting my pressure washer to my roll cart need opinions

Got any pics of the cart?

I see nothing wrong with your idea, except if the cart was too flimsy.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Thanks T4R thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This is her. It’s pretty strong I have put my foot on the bottom shelf and pushed down with my 205 pounds of body weight and it hasn’t flexed a bit. Good solid cart, just ugly and in need of love. Kind of like my se........ wait never mind that.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is a good idea. I would put bigger wheels on to make it roll better with less strain on your body.

Kevin

7. Thanks T4R thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Obsessed Garage did a video where they mounted a pressure washer into a cart for Jay Leno's Garage. Might want to watch it, could get some ideas from it. On youtube of course

9. Thanks T4R thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevinkunkle View Post
    I think it is a good idea. I would put bigger wheels on to make it roll better with less strain on your body.

Kevin
    Great idea I think I will do that Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Obsessed Garage did a video where they mounted a pressure washer into a cart for Jay Leno's Garage. Might want to watch it, could get some ideas from it. On youtube of course
    I will watch that thank you for pointing me that direction