autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Name Brand DA vs. Cheap DA?

The first question answer is yes generally it's a difference between the higher tier brand polishers vs the cheap ones. But more in the building and parts quality than a difference in the results you getting from both of them. The only way of knowing is to do a comparison with just that polisher you have and something like the GG6 polisher. Cause you may be lucky even between different batches of cheaper polishers to have a solid performer with good quality. Sometimes these cheaper brands have parts manufactured at different places and also they can switch these from batches to year modells. And it can be an upgrade but also a downgrade in quality. There can be difference in how easy they maintain the free spinning action and the sounds from them and heat build up and so on. You can have this from different versions of more rebutable brands too. But often the changes are minimal. Even these brand you can get unlucky and get a defect in the polisher from the manufacture. But this is very uncommon to happen but it does. So it's much more of you know what you get when going with the higher tier as with any product generally speaking.

The second question the answer is yes you save time with a longthrow polisher vs a 8mm free spinning DA polisher. But what many does is when used to the 8mm free spinning DA polisher they keep polishing the same way with the longthrow polisher. And then you don't save any time and also working backwards as you will be overworking the polishes. So a change in your armspeed and or less passes per sections is needed to be a time saver. If you do master it and find out what products works for you the longthrow polisher save time. The big downside is that you still need a smaller polisher to handle tight places and some curves on panels. But on the majority of the paint it works great.

2. Likes dlc95, Paul A. liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the replies. I got a deal on a Torq22D with both 5" and 6" backing plates, 3 Lake Country pads and a bottle of V38 for $170 so I couldnt pass it up....so I will try it soon

Mike Phillips

Mark your backing plate - make sure you see pad rotation.

I posted about this in another thread today - search my posting history.

Also - the most important factor when polishing paint is abrasive technology. Test that V38 on black paint - make sure it looks good on black as black is the only test.

Good luck.

Sometimes a good deal is subjective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Will do Mike, thanks!

Mike Phillips

See here

Alright folks. I have my TORQ FX10 in hand. Now what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes custmsprty liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12