autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions for troubleshooting a new Mytee Tempo S300-H

Bought this brand new a year ago and just never needed it. Until today. Pump makes sounds but no water moves through the hose. Tried a second hose (dry upholstery hose) and no joy either. Will reach out to Mytee, but based on their reputation, I'll have to fix it myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The only trouble shooting article on their website is about not turning the heater on and vapor locking. I've not used the heater because you have to pump solution through the hose first. I'm using straight water.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for troubleshooting a new Mytee Tempo S300-H

Do you have some sort of a valve in front of the unit that you can prime with filling up water into it?
    Mostly pumps needs to be filled with water to get them to be working.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Tony,

Good suggestion but no. I opened it up and didn't see anywhere to prime. The solution tank is gravity fed from the top.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not familiar with these, but is it a piston pump (like on a pressure washer)?

Or an impeller pump?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

My S-300 stopped spraying water one year later after 5, or 6 short uses. I cleaned it after every use with vinager, and only used distilled water. After a couple calls to Mytee, and after replacing the spray hose myself, I am sitting on the decision to buy a $60 pump and risk it happening again. So far, I use the Bissell Spot Pro instead of making that decision. It works, and the wand is smaller, and more maneuverable. My guess is you need a new pump. Welcome to the club.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    My S-300 stopped spraying water one year later after 5, or 6 short uses. I cleaned it after every use with vinager, and only used distilled water. After a couple calls to Mytee, and after replacing the spray hose myself, I am sitting on the decision to buy a $60 pump and risk it happening again. So far, I use the Bissell Spot Pro instead of making that decision. It works, and the wand is smaller, and more maneuverable. My guess is you need a new pump. Welcome to the club.
    Thanks for sharing that. No suction from the pump, it just makes noise. Straight out of the box, but the warranty expired since I never unpacked it. Might bite the bullet and look for a better brand.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I'm not familiar with these, but is it a piston pump (like on a pressure washer)?

Or an impeller pump?
    I think these are small piston or diaphragm pumps.

Sounds like the usual Mytee nonsense, which is why I could never get myself to pull the trigger and buy one.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the same problem with my Mytee on Occasion.

even though it's a different model it always seems to clear up by unplugging the hose from the machine and lubricating the plug and little ball bearing thingys with a penetrating oil,,just make sure everyting is moving freely and plug back in and hopefuly it will work
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farmallluvr View Post
    I have had the same problem with my Mytee on Occasion.

even though it's a different model it always seems to clear up by unplugging the hose from the machine and lubricating the plug and little ball bearing thingys with a penetrating oil,,just make sure everyting is moving freely and plug back in and hopefuly it will work
    Thank you for the tip, I will try that tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't get it to work so I got the name of a local repair shop from Mytee. Got it fixed the same day. Turned out to be the heater core was clogged with debris. Great repair tech, he apologized for charging me $100, but said that Mytee doesn't put a swivel off the pump like other manufacturers, so you have to take everything apart to fix it. This unit was straight out of the box on Saturday, so at Mytee, the name goes on before the quality goes in

P.S. If anyone is wondering if the S300-H will work with the accessory Dry Upholstery hose and wand, it won't. It's much longer than the hose that comes with the spotter and it just dribbles the water out. The shorter hose that comes with the unit works fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast