autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Vroom (Target) Micro's versus Cobra Micro's

Ok, sometimes I really feel I have missed something. After reading a post on another well known detailing site, and more than 1/2 the posts offering Vroom microfibers as "great" , I headed off to Target to see them in person. I really like good micro's .....

No offense .... but even my wife quickly noticed the lack of quality in these versus the many Cobra's we use. It was funny in that we both remarked that the original lime green cobra's that came in the Pinnacle kits several years back still had more nap and felt like better quality. When you factor in the newer upgraded dark forrest green ones there is absolutely no comparision. We wont discuss the Miracle Towel and Ultra-plush .... but what am I missing ????

Is it truly the price alone that negates the response ?? I'll be the first to admit that Cobra's aint cheap ... but I dont know of a single one that I have thrown away. I understand someones reluctance to simply pay for name , but clearly there was a big difference in quality. Anyone put the two up against each other ?? Personal response welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased a 12-pack of Vroom MF towels from Target. I also have (arrived today!) some Cobra MF towels, along with a couple Meguiars and Sonus towels. And you're right, if we're talking about the same Vroom towels, there's really no comparison. The Cobras are much plusher. But the Vroom's do have their place.

I use the Vroom MF towels for interior detailing, cleaning the glass, wiping down my TV and computer screens...basically any task where I want to use MF but don't really feel a need to dirty-up one of my nicer, plusher MF towels. Those are reserved for the paint. Although now that I have a larger collection of nicer, plusher MF towels, the Vrooms may see less use.

I wouldn't use the Vroom MF towels on my car's paint, as I'm not sure what the edge stitching is made of, and don't want to risk micro-marring.

Finally, I do like the Vroom MF drying towel. It actually works better than the Sonus WW I recently picked up, thinking the Sonus would be better.
    Last edited by Sevenrd; 03-14-2006 at 10:33 PM.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh Joe, wrong thread?

I like the Vrooms a lot for paint actually. They remove polish/wax residue just as well as the Cobras do IMO, and since they are so cheap they are also great for all the dirty jobs. The Vrooms have not marred my paint and I trust them for most things. QDing, however, I leave to my Cobra Super-Plush. The 12 pack and 5 pack, unfortunately, are only 12"x12" or something, so stick with the plusher 2-packs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the COBRA MF towels. Only the best for my Stang.

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I will use any mf that is on top of my pile, I till get a big thrill out of my Cobra ones! I truely love my Super Plushes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it truly the price alone that negates the response ?? I'll be the first to admit that Cobra's aint cheap ... but I dont know of a single one that I have thrown away. I understand someones reluctance to simply pay for name , but clearly there was a big difference in quality. Anyone put the two up against each other ?? Personal response welcome.[/QUOTE]

I would say that people are buying the Vroom ones for the price. I have them but will only use them for doorjambs and the interior. if price were an issue the 15% deal recently with hmm hmm hmm free shipping at Wolfgang helped on the price. they ran around $3.80 per towel when you buy 6. for me I spend a lot of time and money on other products to keep my finish nice. why skimp on the towels ? I live in the northeast and winters can be tough, so I like to follow up my no rinse washes with a QD and the softest towels I can. just my two cents.