autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Pressure washer kinkless hose

Quote Originally Posted by zero4 View Post
    MTM ones from Obsessed Garage or MTM directly.
    Was going to insert the link directly to MTM Hydro, but have learned that directing Members to anything but AutoGeek products is verboten. Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The mtm was what I was gonna buy but in other thread I mentioned some guy had issue as I believe Kobrajet is 3/8 hose and ryobi uses 1/4. On site obsessed garage guy says that hose runs no problem on ryobi but he’s not personally using a ryobi (I wouldn’t either with a kranzle but won’t spend that money to spray water). Other guy ryobi was his “daily driver”.

Had to laugh at this one because according to MM from OG- anyone who uses anything but what HE does, is simply inferior in every concept. Trust me, there is nothing wrong with Ryobi, SunJoe or Greenworks Pressure Washers! Sure their Hoses are a pain in neck to use sometimes, but that's what you get out of the box. IMHO the Plastic type Hoses work ok if you unravel the whole thing before using. They only become troublesome when all kinked up. Ive debated dropping coin on the entire MTM Hydro Pro Kit and then getting a 50ft hose from them too. However, I just stumbled across my new "FAVE" which is a Waterless Wash = Ammo NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I have the 30' Simpson as an extension to my 25' hose on my Simoniz pressure washer. It's an upgrade from the super cheap hoses that come with basic pressure washers but it's not perfect. I will not kink, but it do tend to coil up a little bit, it's much worse when it's cold outside too.
    If you want top of the line hoses, you might want to check Obsessed garage and see what Matt proposes. He tests everything. Only downside is that his recommendations are often very expensive. On a hose I think it would be a good investment since it's something that lasts a long time and can cause quite a bit of annoyance when you use a poor product. You will need to buy adaptors if you want to replace the basic hoses with high quality ones. You should watch the Ryobi testing videos Matt did on his youtube channel.
    As I stated above, I personally think MM looks down upon anyone who doesn't use his products, and yes he charges way too much. Used to watch his videos until the sound of his voice put me to sleep. The guy certainly knows his stuff, but droning on and on, and often veers way off course / topic. This guy (Larry Kosilla) has a YouTube Channel as well, and produces much better videos IMHO. Also, I just purchased all 3 of his "Kits" which are hands down 20X better than any Water Wash Ive ever done! If you like using ONR like myself, you will absolutely love his "Hoseless Lift Kit" which can be used on the most filthy vehicle you can imagine! Check out his video on using "Frothe" on seriously dirty cars! I literally did two cars under an hour - which using my usual Pressure Washer type wash wouldn't be possible! Seriously, give it a try -I guarantee you'll love it or I will gladly buy the kit from you if not!

Getting a MTM Hose from MTM Hydro direct, or thru a 3rd part reseller is just fine! No reason to purchase anything from OG if you don't wish to.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washer kinkless hose

Coatings - Was the 35' Ryobi hose any worse than the stock hose? Not that the stock hose is great, but it's been workable as long as I walk it out straight before starting. That one came with a connector to extend off of the stock hose, right? Did you ever try it that way?

Definitely wanna make a move for longer hose coming into PW season. The Ryobi hose is tempting at virtually half the price...

Unless you wanted to make room in your truck and part ways with the one you're not using anymore... (Trade stuff? )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Coatings - Was the 35' Ryobi hose any worse than the stock hose? Not that the stock hose is great, but it's been workable as long as I walk it out straight before starting. That one came with a connector to extend off of the stock hose, right? Did you ever try it that way?

Definitely wanna make a move for longer hose coming into PW season. The Ryobi hose is tempting at virtually half the price...

Unless you wanted to make room in your truck and part ways with the one you're not using anymore... (Trade stuff? )
    I would say the hose is a step better and may “loosen up”. With more use. Stiffness out of the box was very close to stock one. I tried to lay flat an still had issues. I did not try it with the extention as 35’ worked for me. For 20$ more I got the flexzilla for the “LOW”. E price of 59$. For flexzilla. Very pliable, bendy, and lays flat. The coating is definetly softer and would be more likely to marr. Not a concern for me. You can also find 50’ 1/4in uberflex for around $40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I would say the hose is a step better and may “loosen up”. With more use. Stiffness out of the box was very close to stock one. I tried to lay flat an still had issues. I did not try it with the extention as 35’ worked for me. For 20$ more I got the flexzilla for the “LOW”. E price of 59$. For flexzilla. Very pliable, bendy, and lays flat. The coating is definetly softer and would be more likely to marr. Not a concern for me. You can also find 50’ 1/4in uberflex for around $40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendations. I ended up going with the UBERFLEX 50 ft 1/4 in.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345