autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washer kinkless hose

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I have the 30' Simpson as an extension to my 25' hose on my Simoniz pressure washer. It's an upgrade from the super cheap hoses that come with basic pressure washers but it's not perfect. I will not kink, but it do tend to coil up a little bit, it's much worse when it's cold outside too.

If you want top of the line hoses, you might want to check Obsessed garage and see what Matt proposes. He tests everything. Only downside is that his recommendations are often very expensive. On a hose I think it would be a good investment since it's something that lasts a long time and can cause quite a bit of annoyance when you use a poor product. You will need to buy adaptors if you want to replace the basic hoses with high quality ones. You should watch the Ryobi testing videos Matt did on his youtube channel.
    Yeah he recommends mtm kobrajet which I don’t mind spending the money but I. An only find 3/8 inch. He says will work fine on ryobi but as he uses a kranzel I don’t know amount of testing he’s done. Thinking of it like car exhaust as wider diameter with out adding hp or forced induction will loose out on torque. Wanting to stay with 1/4 in hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Cobra 3/8" on my Sunjoe 3000 - which is only ~1800 PSI - ZERO Issues - actually helps with flow.

MTM Cobra Hose

I actually replaced everything from the hose connection out with MTM Parts - much better than any manufacturer parts... MTM makes full kits now if you want an easy option of parts that will mate together.

Any questions just call them - they have excellent customer service and will not steer you wrong for any and all PW needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah he recommends mtm kobrajet which I don’t mind spending the money but I. An only find 3/8 inch. He says will work fine on ryobi but as he uses a kranzel I don’t know amount of testing he’s done. Thinking of it like car exhaust as wider diameter with out adding hp or forced induction will loose out on torque. Wanting to stay with 1/4 in hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yes the products matt uses are top of the line and expensive but you get what you pay for and he believes it makes for a better experience and i believe it. watch his videos on the cheap pressure washers. he uses the kobrajet hose and pressure is basically the same even though its a 3/8 hose. and look at how the hose lays down in the videos. doesnt look like it really kinks up and lays down quite nicely.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got 2 25' Flexzilla hoses on my 2000PSI Ryobi (a 1/4 and a 3/8). Both are a huge upgrade. The 3/8 loses a little pressure but flows more water so I like it better for washing cars with.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by talonted View Post
    I've got 2 25' Flexzilla hoses on my 2000PSI Ryobi (a 1/4 and a 3/8). Both are a huge upgrade. The 3/8 loses a little pressure but flows more water so I like it better for washing cars with.
    Is this really what happens? I always assumed the washer would just build pressure until it reached where it needs to be, like when you first turn it on.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed on Obsessed Garage- most everything he likes, and obviously sells is overpriced (if your looking for entry level gear-not him) He even comes down hard on anyone that chooses to use Big Box Store Pressure Washers too. Sure ya get what you spend on, but not everyone has a GT3 they can test out hundreds of products on! He knows his stuff, but likes to tell you that over and over in his very lengthy videos! One can only take so much of him going off course. lol. Anyway- sure wish there was some type of "Compatibility Chart" for what hoses and attachments are universal with different Pressure Washers!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another avenue for you guys. This Co answered my email in less than an hour w great advice and linked products for my 2000Psi Greenworks Unit. After 1-2 email with Matt at OG, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of buying a friggin hat from him! This Co looks like they carry anything you need to augment whatever PW you own now! Ask for ZACH for sure!

https://www.esotericcarcare.com/pres...-foam-cannons/

10. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gunny - Thanks for the info! I had looked at a lot of the MTM stuff at their site directly - looks like they've got lower prices than going direct.

Post Thanks / Like

Not one to go around different threads slamming people, but I'd rather throw my cash out the moonroof of my RCF than give MM from OG anything. His condescending replies are ridiculous. If you dont offer a Military Discount just say "Sorry, I dont have those" instead of " I've worked too long and hard to give anything I own away " and even more I wont get into. Guy just rubs me wrong in everything he does! Videos may educate you here n there but get to the dmn point ya know! Definitely looking for better gear to augment my "cheap and useless" (according to him) Greenworks PW, and it will NOT be from him - even if he was giving it away (which we know ain't happening!) Lol. Hell, a friend dropped 1k w him on stuff n the Tool wouldnt drop a Tshirt in box w all the new gear!

13. Likes spazzz, Bobh59 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
    Not one to go around different threads slamming people, but I'd rather throw my cash out the moonroof of my RCF than give MM from OG anything. His condescending replies are ridiculous. If you dont offer a Military Discount just say "Sorry, I dont have those" instead of " I've worked too long and hard to give anything I own away " and even more I wont get into. Guy just rubs me wrong in everything he does! Videos may educate you here n there but get to the dmn point ya know! Definitely looking for better gear to augment my "cheap and useless" (according to him) Greenworks PW, and it will NOT be from him - even if he was giving it away (which we know ain't happening!) Lol. Hell, a friend dropped 1k w him on stuff n the Tool wouldnt drop a Tshirt in box w all the new gear!
    While I agree that some people can rub me the wrong way too. I generally don't factor that in when I decide where to buy. For me it's all about having the best deal and best service. I have blacklisted only one vendor since I started my business for making a very rude and insulting comment to me directly. Otherwise, even if I don't like the guy presenting the tool or product, if he offers the best price and good service or best service and decent price, I would not avoid purchasing from him.

In the case of Matt, I think he is a bit snob about the way he approaches tools and products... it's either good or complete crap for him. Where in reality even the worst products and tools will still get the job done. I think he will appeal to people who only want to buy the best possible at any price. Me I am all about price/result ratio for most of what i buy. So it's unlikelly I would buy from him either because he will never be offering what I am looking for unless the very best is at a reasonable price, and it's rare that it is.

15. Likes gregory1420 liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast