autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washer kinkless hose

I think it's interesting the way Matt comes off to different people. My first experience with his channel was watching him use the sunjoe spx3001 (probably his most disliked video??) for the first time. I'll admit I was like this dude is so ridiculous, but I just kept on watching. Eventually I later subscribed, and as I started to watch a bit more of his content, and hear his thoughts on what he's doing and how he thinks - I realizes he's just like any of us. If money wasn't a factor, we'd likely buy the best we could for something we enjoy doing. It's the obsessiveness and attention to detail that's allowed his website to really grow into somethin impressive (imo, anyway.) If you consider something from his perspective, it usually makes sense.

He sells Kranzle because they hardly ever have issues, which makes perfect sense. I like to invest in things, especially things I think I'll have for a long time. So while the 1122TS package might be expensive, if you have it for ten years (which is probably not unreasonable to assume) then the price sort of becomes irrelevant. $1600 over 10 years is just 160 bucks a year, and that's assuming the worst and the machine explodes right at the 10 year mark. Maybe you'll have it for 20 years, who knows? It isn't for everyone, and he's pretty clear that he doesn't want to appeal to everyone. He wants to appeal to the person who can look past the sticker shock and see the long term value.

The same argument could be made for dress shoes. My step dad used to berate me for wanting to buy a pair of Allen Edmonds shoes. He told me cheaper ones are more than good enough. Sure, but can you resole a pair of dress shoes from JC Penny? I would much rather invest in a pair of shoes I can have for the rest of my life. Same mentality, just different areas of life.

I personally find it interesting that some people are put off by the sticker price of his 1122TS package, but are willing to buy multiple units in the $150-250 price range just to have back ups in case one fails. I feel like that itself speaks to the quality of these big box machines, and explains pretty easily why he calls them junk (which seems to irritate people.) I fully expect my greenworks unit I bought as a package from him with all the fixins to fail sooner rather than later. Maybe it won't, but that would be anecdotal evidence at best that the brand is super durable high quality stuff. I hope that when it finally dies (and I figure out whether or not I want to pursue a nicer unit) I'm in a position to buy a 1322TS from his store.

He's pretty overbearing, sure. Could definitely tone down how dramatic he is, but at the end of the day he is who he is. That's probably why he has such a strong following. Too many youtubers are overly positive about everything and never just tell it like it is. He does. If he thinks something is junk - he'll say it. He's not attacking you for liking the product, you aren't what you buy. He just doesn't like it.

All of that being said, I'm not 100% with him about plenty of things. I think his obsession with Rupes is a little much, his hesitation towards rinseless washing seems silly to me, I find it amusing he's worried about scratching his ratchets, but it's just part of the deal with watching his stuff. In return for putting up with his quirks (everyone has their own quirks), he does things like buy 50 pressure washers and test flow, pressure, and set up a sick page on his website so you can easily outfit yours with higher quality accessories. He vlogs training from Optimum and Esoteric, and has Andy Ward and Jason Kilmer make appearances and walk you through their processes. He puts out some seriously good content. Some videos may be long - but if that's not your thing you're definitely watching the wrong channel, lol.

This is the end of my thoughts, so if you stuck with me - kudos to you.

tl:dr I think Matt gets a lot of harsh snap judgments, and that he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be in their heads.

2. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes Calendyr, Gunny Fitz, gregory1420 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@Finick. If that post would’ve been any longer, you would’ve had to split it up into chapters.Pressure washer kinkless hose
    I think you’re becoming a little “Obsessed” with detailing.Pressure washer kinkless hoselol. J/k

4. Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

lmao, i didn't even realize how long it had gotten until I was done.

I guess it's not even really the detailing that appeals to me, I just really appreciate channels I think put out quality content. In any of the given areas of interest i have, I'll kind of search for channels I feel just really nail their content. Steve Ramsey puts out great woodworking content, Coop from garage gym reviews does a good job being as unbiased as he can, barbell medicine kills it in their seminars on training methodology and pain management, and if you had to ask me about my favorite detailing channel.. It might actually be Loaches channel: Waxmode. His videos are straight to the point and informative. Plus watching him hose his car off is somehow mesmerizing.

Post Thanks / Like

Pressure washer kinkless hose

That post was as long as 1 of Moremans videos.Pressure washer kinkless hose

7. Likes Finick, Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I think it's interesting the way Matt comes off to different people. My first experience with his channel was watching him use the sunjoe spx3001 (probably his most disliked video??) for the first time. I'll admit I was like this dude is so ridiculous, but I just kept on watching. Eventually I later subscribed, and as I started to watch a bit more of his content, and hear his thoughts on what he's doing and how he thinks - I realizes he's just like any of us. If money wasn't a factor, we'd likely buy the best we could for something we enjoy doing. It's the obsessiveness and attention to detail that's allowed his website to really grow into somethin impressive (imo, anyway.) If you consider something from his perspective, it usually makes sense.

He sells Kranzle because they hardly ever have issues, which makes perfect sense. I like to invest in things, especially things I think I'll have for a long time. So while the 1122TS package might be expensive, if you have it for ten years (which is probably not unreasonable to assume) then the price sort of becomes irrelevant. $1600 over 10 years is just 160 bucks a year, and that's assuming the worst and the machine explodes right at the 10 year mark. Maybe you'll have it for 20 years, who knows? It isn't for everyone, and he's pretty clear that he doesn't want to appeal to everyone. He wants to appeal to the person who can look past the sticker shock and see the long term value.

The same argument could be made for dress shoes. My step dad used to berate me for wanting to buy a pair of Allen Edmonds shoes. He told me cheaper ones are more than good enough. Sure, but can you resole a pair of dress shoes from JC Penny? I would much rather invest in a pair of shoes I can have for the rest of my life. Same mentality, just different areas of life.

I personally find it interesting that some people are put off by the sticker price of his 1122TS package, but are willing to buy multiple units in the $150-250 price range just to have back ups in case one fails. I feel like that itself speaks to the quality of these big box machines, and explains pretty easily why he calls them junk (which seems to irritate people.) I fully expect my greenworks unit I bought as a package from him with all the fixins to fail sooner rather than later. Maybe it won't, but that would be anecdotal evidence at best that the brand is super durable high quality stuff. I hope that when it finally dies (and I figure out whether or not I want to pursue a nicer unit) I'm in a position to buy a 1322TS from his store.

He's pretty overbearing, sure. Could definitely tone down how dramatic he is, but at the end of the day he is who he is. That's probably why he has such a strong following. Too many youtubers are overly positive about everything and never just tell it like it is. He does. If he thinks something is junk - he'll say it. He's not attacking you for liking the product, you aren't what you buy. He just doesn't like it.

All of that being said, I'm not 100% with him about plenty of things. I think his obsession with Rupes is a little much, his hesitation towards rinseless washing seems silly to me, I find it amusing he's worried about scratching his ratchets, but it's just part of the deal with watching his stuff. In return for putting up with his quirks (everyone has their own quirks), he does things like buy 50 pressure washers and test flow, pressure, and set up a sick page on his website so you can easily outfit yours with higher quality accessories. He vlogs training from Optimum and Esoteric, and has Andy Ward and Jason Kilmer make appearances and walk you through their processes. He puts out some seriously good content. Some videos may be long - but if that's not your thing you're definitely watching the wrong channel, lol.

This is the end of my thoughts, so if you stuck with me - kudos to you.

tl:dr I think Matt gets a lot of harsh snap judgments, and that he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be in their heads.
    I agree with most of what you said, especially about Matt and the quality of his content.

Where I disagree is the quality of regular big store pressure washers. Let me explain...

Take the Kranzle and it's 1600$ price. Sure you may never have any problem with it and it may last you 20 years. And yes assuming you keep it 10 years that is roughly 160$ per year.

Now, compare with what I did and let's see what the numbers look like.

I purchased a Wal-Mart pressure washer in 2013. Their brand here is called Tune-it! but basicly it's a greenworks from what I have seen on Matt's video. It was the entry level 1500 psi model and I paid 40$ for it on sales. I used it for 2 years in my detailing business until the end of 2014. The reason it broke is I forgot to bring it in from my truck when the first freezing nights came and water froze inside the unit and broke something. If it would have been a Kranzle, I am pretty certain the same thing would have happened. So I just put it in the trash and purchased a replacement. If I had a Kranzle, I would have wanted to repair it... what is the cost for that? Probably over 400$. So had I gone the Kranzle road, I would have been 2000$ in after 2 years.

Then I purchased a Simoniz 1700 psi at Canadian Tire, 100$ on special (from 200$). I am still using it. I also purchased an other PW from Canadian Tire that same year, a Sundance 1800 psi unit (same company as Siminoz, can't remember the name but they make all their machines), I paid 100$ for that too. So after 6 years I am 240$ in just for the machines. Last year after reading a post here about better hoses and guns, I purchased an extension hose and a short gun off of Amazon. Hose was 30$ and gun was 20$. So overall, I am 290$ in, and I have a backup unit if anything happens to my main PW. Over 10 years that would be 29$ per year or 14,5% of what Matt proposes. Also, my prices are CAN$ and his are US$... value fluctuate but usually US$ are worth about 20% more... so the difference is even wider because of that.

One of the upsides is that if my machine breaks, I can keep working. Where as if my Kranzle breaked, how long would I be out of a pressure washer while it got repaired? A week or more I would think.

The Kranzle is a better machine puting out more water but I have never felt my machines were not sufficient for doing the job. And watching all of Matt's videos about PW, he never convinced me of any real advantages of having high end machines.

So yes, there are advantages of having top shelf equipment, but I think as a pro, that may not be the best way to go about it.

9. Likes Gunny Fitz, Bobh59 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    lmao, i didn't even realize how long it had gotten until I was done.

I guess it's not even really the detailing that appeals to me, I just really appreciate channels I think put out quality content. In any of the given areas of interest i have, I'll kind of search for channels I feel just really nail their content. Steve Ramsey puts out great woodworking content, Coop from garage gym reviews does a good job being as unbiased as he can, barbell medicine kills it in their seminars on training methodology and pain management, and if you had to ask me about my favorite detailing channel.. It might actually be Loaches channel: Waxmode. His videos are straight to the point and informative. Plus watching him hose his car off is somehow mesmerizing.
    I like Steve Ramsey too...I stopped watching og after the whole spray bottle obsession...I can't take it

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

11. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gents- I seriously hope my comments didnt instigate this whole issue on Matt from OG? After all, it's a Hose Thread! Lol.
    @Finick - Was going to Reply With Quote on your novel, but that would just take up way too much real estate here. It's so insane that you make mention, and use the "Shoe Analogy" because I've recently started rebuilding my Wardrobe at Mens Warehouse and read hundreds of awesome articles on this site called "Real Men, Real Style" which the owner is a Former Marine too! He put this article out which really does put things into perspective like your analogy! Here it is:

High End Dress Shoes - 10 Buying Mistakes To AVOID

I'd be a hypocrite if I said I didnt enjoy owning the better things in life regardless of cost! (You guys should see my car and what I've done to it!) So yes, I agree w what's said about initial sticker shock!
    I guess what bothers me is the way he looks down upon anyone who chooses to go with products NOT endorsed by him. We all know people like this who are not sympathetic enough to understand most of us just cant go out and purchase a Porsche GT3 (and flaunt the whole purchase in a video for all to see) and like I said, I have nothing against those accompanies who do NOT offer a Military Discount because it's their choice - not a right as many junior troops believe. No problem w that, but dont demean me for simply asking! As I've shared w a Member here who sent me a PM, I'm actually very humble and feel odd when kind people thank me for my service. As far as I'm concerned it's those who were killed in action who rate this thanks - but obviously dont bark at anyone for saying it to me. Enough said on that, I moved on just fine and with help from fellow members here have everything ready to order to augment my Big Box, cheap, useless, garbage Greenworks Pressure Washer (lol) and its definitely not from OG.

One thing I didnt think much about was going w a 1/4" hose vs the 3/8" one! Didnt even think it would potentially lower the water output, so thanks to him I'll be going w a 50ft 1/4" one instead! Has anyone here gone w the 3/8" hose on their electric PW and wished they went w 1/4" instead? I havnt pulled the trigger on it all yet and would love to hear all your thoughts on this matter? Oh, another item this Member brought to my attention is the Griots Boss Foam Cannon which appears to produce wicked amounts of foam and has some other features too. However, I did find a YouTube vid where the guy tried this Boss unit out against the new MTM Foamer and the little plastic pieces inside the container actually prevented the Boss unit from producing more foam than MTM. Therefore, I told him I'd let him try out their newer Boss unit before going w that item. I will be getting the complete MTM Pro Kit from Zach @ Esoteric. He sent me a very kind and informative email about this kit. https://www.esotericcarcare.com/mtm-...am-cannon-kit/

I'll stop here before I run this Thread onto Page 20, and once again thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences w me/ us all. After all, isnt that what Forums are for guys!
    Enjoy Super Bowl Sunday with another Pat's win! (No bandwagon here. Born n raised in New England so always loved them!) ��
    Semper Fidelis.....����

Gunny

13. Likes Rrthomas78, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pressure washer kinkless hose

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
    Gents- I seriously hope my comments didnt instigate this whole issue on Matt from OG? After all, it's a Hose Thread! Lol.
    There’s no issue with him. Besides he’s a big boy, I’m sure he can handle any criticism if and when it happens without getting butthurt.

IMO anyone who puts themselves out there including on this forum should be able to take it just as much as they dish it out without getting mad about simple words. If they can’t then they should’ve remained lurkers. Lol.

15. Likes fly07sti, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    There’s no issue with him. Besides he’s a big boy, I’m sure he can handle any criticism if and when it happens without getting butthurt.

IMO anyone who puts themselves out there including on this forum should be able to take it just as much as they dish it out without getting mad about simple words. If they can’t then they should’ve remained lurkers. Lol.
    Eldor do you how hard criticism is to give around here? I'm sure I got a warming or something in my email from autogeek somewhere. I put lotion on before give constructive criticism.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

17. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
    I'd be a hypocrite if I said I didnt enjoy owning the better things in life regardless of cost! (You guys should see my car and what I've done to it!) So yes, I agree w what's said about initial sticker shock!
    I guess what bothers me is the way he looks down upon anyone who chooses to go with products NOT endorsed by him. We all know people like this who are not sympathetic enough to understand most of us just cant go out and purchase a Porsche GT3 (and flaunt the whole purchase in a video for all to see) and like I said, I have nothing against those accompanies who do NOT offer a Military Discount because it's their choice - not a right as many junior troops believe. No problem w that, but dont demean me for simply asking! As I've shared w a Member here who sent me a PM, I'm actually very humble and feel odd when kind people thank me for my service. As far as I'm concerned it's those who were killed in action who rate this thanks - but obviously dont bark at anyone for saying it to me. Enough said on that, I moved on just fine and with help from fellow members here have everything ready to order to augment my Big Box, cheap, useless, garbage Greenworks Pressure Washer (lol) and its definitely not from OG.

One thing I didnt think much about was going w a 1/4" hose vs the 3/8" one! Didnt even think it would potentially lower the water output, so thanks to him I'll be going w a 50ft 1/4" one instead! Has anyone here gone w the 3/8" hose on their electric PW and wished they went w 1/4" instead? I havnt pulled the trigger on it all yet and would love to hear all your thoughts on this matter? Oh, another item this Member brought to my attention is the Griots Boss Foam Cannon which appears to produce wicked amounts of foam and has some other features too. However, I did find a YouTube vid where the guy tried this Boss unit out against the new MTM Foamer and the little plastic pieces inside the container actually prevented the Boss unit from producing more foam than MTM. Therefore, I told him I'd let him try out their newer Boss unit before going w that item. I will be getting the complete MTM Pro Kit from Zach @ Esoteric. He sent me a very kind and informative email about this kit. https://www.esotericcarcare.com/mtm-...am-cannon-kit/

I'll stop here before I run this Thread onto Page 20, and once again thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences w me/ us all. After all, isnt that what Forums are for guys!
    Enjoy Super Bowl Sunday with another Pat's win! (No bandwagon here. Born n raised in New England so always loved them!) ��
    Semper Fidelis.....����

Gunny
    First off what’s your car and what mods have you done? Share! Second Your time spending defending our country didn’t result in your death doesn’t mean you don’t deserve the respect. Thank you for your service.

You did a job for your country that most wont or can’t do.

I found a 35 foot hose from ryobi that I’m stoked about. Wanted a 50 but I can get around my care with stock 25 footer so this should do I’ll review and post soon. The Griots boss cannon is a system. Their liquids for this system are a lot thinner before diluted. I f using the system go with the boss if not go with the MTM. Don’t cheap out. I bought the sud magic one from online cuz it has good reviews and wish I woulda just spent it on the a better one. If you haven’t checked out the boss soaps do so. The foaming surface wash is the best performing foam soap I have used. Others rave about the polygloss.
    Again I feel 1/4 is used for a reason. I feel would be drop in psi and don’t know if it would affect flow rate. Also non of us actually knows how that affects pump? Motor? Most 3/8 I can find are for gas would have to assume because their stronger psi and more flow.

I’m from Seattle I think you know who I don’t want to win today! Hoping for the 1st tie ever....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast