autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Makita PO5000C no longer for sale?

It's only has a 5mm orbit? That's no good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Doesn't the forced rotation of the Makita compensate for that though? I had the opportunity to try the Makita along with the other polishers and I found that it does more correction than the Griot's 6 inch polisher. And you have to be real careful with the Griot's so it doesn't stall. You cannot stall the Makita! I like the Flex 3401 but it is at least $100 more and I am only using this for my own vehicles.

RamAirV1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    The Mille also has a 5mm orbit. The smaller orbit is offset by faster rotations. If I’m not mistaken it’s done to allow the machines to feel smoother but still correct just as well.

Flex: 8mm orbit with 160-480rpm
    Mille: 5mm orbit with 265-535rpm
    P05000C: 5.5mm orbit with 0-780rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes RamAirV1, Martin53 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In another post, Todd from Rupes also said that the length of the orbit is not as critical in a forced rotation machine.

RamAirV1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Interesting, I had seen it on the "CLOSEOUT" page for awhile. I own one and actually replaced my FLEX 3401 with it. I now own a collector's item!
    Talk to me about your guitar playing?

7. Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Talk to me about your guitar playing?

Let's talk, Paul. That's my Marshall Slash SL5 combo in the pic........another collector's item, like the Makita. Ha! I'm currently playing a Taos Turquoise Eric Johnson Strat and a Roasted Ash Custom Shop Stratocaster with handwound Fat 50s pickups. I've sold my PRSi and my Les Pauls. Other amplification would be a Marshall Class 5 head into an Avatar 2x12 cab and a Bumbox 1W head (basically a 1 watt JCM800 head).

9. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Makita PO5000C no longer for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Let's talk, Paul. That's my Marshall Slash SL5 combo in the pic........another collector's item, like the Makita. Ha! I'm currently playing a Taos Turquoise Eric Johnson Strat and a Roasted Ash Custom Shop Stratocaster with handwound Fat 50s pickups. I've sold my PRSi and my Les Pauls. Other amplification would be a Marshall Class 5 head into an Avatar 2x12 cab and a Bumbox 1W head (basically a 1 watt JCM800 head).
    Ha! I have the same Maxon Analog Delay. I see a Fulltone OCD... I had one, but I switched to the Xotic AC, BB and Hermida Zendrive..

The Class 5’s are amazing. I had a Gen1 & Gen 2 which I just I just sold.

Nice on EJ strat! I have a 50th w/ Seymour cool rails in the bridge & 93 LP Custom. I just sold my beloved Tele Jr Custom Shop.

For amps - Dr Z Maz 38 / Z-Best 2x12 and a Dr Z Carmen Ghia 1x12. All hand wired, point to point and 60’s NOS tubes. Pedals are Analog Man, Xotic, Zen Drive, Wampler, Fulltone etc... plus a little Vox AC 5.

Dr Z (mainly used by Brad Paisley & Joe Walsh). Who can afford a Dumble??? But I want one!

My fav guitar aside from the Tele Jr was a 95 Parker Fly Deluxe. I sold the Tele Jr to the original owner who told me if I want it back... we’ll probably trade it back a few more times.

I played from age 13 - 43, now 49 took a long break. Time to start up again...

11. Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    The Class 5’s are amazing. I had a Gen1 & Gen 2 which I just I just sold.

Nice on EJ strat! I have a 50th w/ Seymour cool rails in the bridge & 93 LP Custom. I just sold my beloved Tele Jr Custom Shop.

For amps - Dr Z Maz 38 / Z-Best 2x12 and a Dr Z Carmen Ghia 1x12. All hand wired, point to point and 60’s NOS tubes. Pedals are Analog Man, Xotic, Zen Drive, Wampler, Fulltone etc... plus a little Vox AC 5.

Dr Z (mainly used by Brad Paisley & Joe Walsh). Who can afford a Dumble??? But I want one!

My fav guitar aside from the Tele Jr was a 95 Parker Fly Deluxe. I sold the Tele Jr to the original owner who told me if I want it back... we’ll probably trade it back a few more times.

I have a love-hate relationship with LPs. I've had numerous R9s, an R8 Plaintop and 2 R0s. They look so nice and sound great but they're sooo uncomfortable and heavy. I also had a 10+ pound R7 black beauty 3 pickup with gold hardware (think Frampton). I had a MAZ Jr 18 watt head. I had a Carmen Ghia tan head and matching Dr. Z 4x10 cab too.

Current pedals are a rare Maxon Analog Delay, Klon Centaur (no horsie), OCD, Steel Panther P*ssy Melter Distortion, Steel Panther Poontang Boomerang on the way. Bearfoot SYOD, Analogman Sunface, etc, etc etc.

As far as a Dumble goes.......I've never played one (obviously) but I did have a Ceriatone Overdrive Special and it was an amazing 50 watt combo. I just don't need anything over 10 watts nowadays.

I'd like to play a Parker Fly sometime. I had a very cool AVRI Hot Rod tele with the mini Seymour Duncan in the neck position (seller's remorse on that one)

I guess I'm a reformed gear Wh0re

13. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL! I have had a love hate relationship with my LP since 93!

Wow you parted with a CG & Maz 18? If my 38 was an 18 I’d me happy.. I have a Z-Brake which helps.... Doc’s idea of 18 watts is not realistic..

I used to take the two class 5’s and use an A+B switch and run them both at gigs. What a tone!
    The Z’s are nice but overkill in volume. The CG is nice on a studio when in a iso room you can dime the volume for a solo.. ha!

15. Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Makita PO5000C no longer for sale?

p.s. I’d love a PRS Custom 22. I think Paul gets it right about 99.9% of the to time. He’s a genius.

I think being an Audiofile is equal to detailing. At least the personality traits are there. I’ve been through golden ears training, can tell the difference between old stock 60’s tubes and new Chinese...

“Tube swapping” - the ultimate OCD!

After 2 years at BU (Boston University) for Audio Production, and producing a record that got signed, and the artist got nominated for a Buddy Guy music award... What I’ve found is Audio Production is like detailing. There is a systematic process, discerning qualities, artistic form and freedom, a bit of risk, but at the end of the day, there is a process and a knowledge of the tools. Passion and an ear to the ground is a must. Every detail must me focused on. And after 800 hrs on a 4 song EP, you can say “it’s done” with confidence.

For those with interest here is the EP I engineered and produced, tracks 1-4.

Pledging My Time | Peter Parcek

Ironically, all tracks except track 4 was done with a Marshall Class 5. lol.

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack, SWETM, WaxMaster1 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast