autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the softest, least agressive 6” finishing pad to Apply Collinite 476S Wax?

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Car Pro Gloss Pad.
    Hi
    Is this the pad?
    Says “Gloss Pad PU 150” on the back
    Hope its the same one you guys get in the US.
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -092a926a-00ab-4f78-ae33-803d4c774a2f-jpg  

2. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the softest, least agressive 6” finishing pad to Apply Collinite 476S Wax?

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Hi
    Is this the pad?
    Says “Gloss Pad PU 150” on the back
    Hope its the same one you guys get in the US.
    Thanks
    Yes, that’s the pad they’re talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yes, that’s the pad they’re talking about.

Thanks so much
    Its a minefield with these pads and every one using different colours .
    Amazed they dont standardise colours with cut.

Even your gloss pad looks orange to me, yet it says gloss pad. And the one on the web I found looks white?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much
    Its a minefield with these pads and every one using different colours .
    Amazed they dont standardise colours with cut.

Even your gloss pad looks orange to me, yet it says gloss pad. And the one on the web I found looks white?
    It’s supposed to be more white... Reason it’s off white is because I must’ve used it with an AIO and as we all know AIO’s don’t completely wash off so now that pad is “off white” or more like orangey. But the backside has a couple of unsightly marks on it so I chose to show the opposite side for the pic. The other 1 isn’t stained the same way..

Btw in my personal opinion these Gloss pads do have a small bit of cutting ability and if it was me having to reach for a pad to apply sealant [not that I ever apply sealant with my polisher, but if I did] I wouldn’t reach for these Gloss pads. I’d use a Black Lake Country Flat Foam Finishing Pad every time.
    IMO the Gloss pad cannot be as delicate as possible simply due to the way it’s constructed in 2 layers, with a layer of hard foam and then a face of soft foam that touches the paint. That results in firmness which in turn results in cutting ability. The normL finishing pad is single layer, soft as it should be + it’s just flat out a finer pad that feels like it was better made to apply lsp.

6. Thanks Submariner thanked for this post
    Likes Submariner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprised you think they have some cut Eldo. I’ve used them on super soft black Subaru paint, single stage guards red Porsche paint and have never noticed anything that would signify they have any cut in them. I think I understand where you’re coming from with saying they’re 2 layers, but IMO, they don’t have any type of cut.

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised you think they have some cut Eldo. I’ve used them on super soft black Subaru paint, single stage guards red Porsche paint and have never noticed anything that would signify they have any cut in them. I think I understand where you’re coming from with saying they’re 2 layers, but IMO, they don’t have any type of cut.
    I’ve got some pretty nasty water spots on my hood + some swirling going on right now and I think it’s about time to buff them out. I’ll use the Gloss Pads and the least aggressive polish I can find on my shelf. I’ll try to find that aggressiveness chart.

Look at this mess... This is what I get for testing AIO’s on my paint.lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got some pretty nasty water spots on my hood + some swirling going on right now and I think it’s about time to buff them out. I’ll use the Gloss Pads and the least aggressive polish I can find on my shelf. I’ll try to find that aggressiveness chart.

Hi
    I see the water spots, but what are the dull, almost matte looking marks. Is that just flatter water marks or is the surface of the clearcoat etched out?

( note: I habe no polishing experience .. just enquiring)

Post Thanks / Like

Is that from your neighbors sprinklers? Ugh!

Post Thanks / Like

What is the softest, least agressive 6” finishing pad to Apply Collinite 476S Wax?

Hi
    I see the water spots, but what are the dull, almost matte looking marks. Is that just flatter water marks or is the surface of the clearcoat etched out?

( note: I habe no polishing experience .. just enquiring)
    The paint on my hood is seriously on its last leg now... Like seriously thin clearcoat.

Is that from your neighbors sprinklers? Ugh!
    Ugh I’m yearning for a new car... I went to check out this Eldorado yesterday but unfortunately it fell flat on its face thanks to an owner who clearly has no idea how to care for a Cadillac. Not only did he say he pumps regular 87 octane when I asked him... But just a couple of minutes later the car literally begins to run out of gas during the test drive! How irresponsible can you be? 🤦🏻

It’s a good thing I had him drive while I sat passenger. Beautiful car/Red flags everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I just paired the Gloss Pads with the polish that pound for pound ranked least in total cut on the aggressiveness chart. Blackfire Polish.

[I was told I was sent the new version of this polish in the old packaging, but from the little research I’ve done the old version is gray, and the new version is white? I dunno, but my polish is gray and has a chemical scent to it]

Here’s the paint fully prepped after a quik claying with the clay towel.
    It was nearly impossible to get things to show up in these pics.

After a fairly quik buffing cycle on speed 4.5
    It’s really hard to tell from these pics...

Before

After

I had alot of dusting.

But in the end my paint looks good again.

Does this prove anything? Not really... I mean how could we not expect these kind of results when using a long throw polisher. But either ways the defects were removed with the Gloss Pad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast