autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bissel little green machine

I thought about investing in a durmaid carpet extractor but its a too much money for me to spend right now so I heard that the Bissel LGM was an inexpensive good alternitive(obviously no replacement for a true HWE) My only vaccum right now is a metro van n blo and I use 303 cleaner to do carpets with but im affraid I might come across some carpets that need a little more attention. Is a LGM a useful product to help with tougher stains in carptes? Also I saw on the Bissel website they had a new Spotbot, its more expensive but I saw the video and it works really nicely on really tough stains. Any opinions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bissel little green machine

the little green and spot bot are both great choices....having owned an extractor before of course they are nothing compared to a heavy duty commercial grade extractor...but hey for the price it gets the job done...if you do at least 2-3 details a week though...save up and just go for the extractor...the LGM and spot bot extractor head is just too small to be doing more than one car a week...it will become to tedious...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Curious though what makes the spot bot more expensive than the LGM? Is it more powerful or clean tougher stains?

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to bring up an old thread but what is the best(most powerful) solution to use with the LGM?

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a quick question ... I have thought about buying one of these with the built in heaters, but I would like to use my mix solutions that I use in a spray bottle.

Could I just use to LGM as an extractor, and not use a solution in it? ... How would I go about this?
    1996 Dodge Cummins 12 Valve
    427 rwhp - 1,037 ft/torque - 50psi
    550-600 @ 65psi Comming Soon
    Keystone Diesel Inc.

1979 Jeep CJ-5
    Chevy 355
    Full Fiberglass Body/Hardtop
    AmberFire Pearl

2007 Harley Davidson
    Dyna Street Bob
    96" Cubic Inchs

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Aztec Mini Hot Spotter. It was pricey,but I really wanted and needed an extractor. I'm mobile so I also needed the smaller unit. I have used the LGM and the Bissle. But a heated extractor is the next level in carpet cleaning. To date I have not put any product in the unit. I spray the Folex or whatever I'm using on the carpets or mats. Agitate with a brush then extract with hot water. I can remove the dark ground in stains.

Post Thanks / Like

I used a solution of Woolite and water 8:1 ratio - spray, scrub with a brush, wipe with damp MF towel, rinse towel-repeat. BTW - that's 1 part Woolite and 8 parts water, just in case ya'll thought I lost my mind.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im wondering about this too. Is it worth it to get the LGM with heat for the extra $25~ or does it not really heat up the water like it should and I could do the same with just using really hot tap water...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smokindiesel View Post
    I also have a quick question ... I have thought about buying one of these with the built in heaters, but I would like to use my mix solutions that I use in a spray bottle.

Could I just use to LGM as an extractor, and not use a solution in it? ... How would I go about this?
    That's what I did when I used the LGCM, and what I intend on doing with the Durrmaid as well. Just spray on whatever chemical you wish (I've used Folex pretty much exclusively with the LGCM, but just bought some Prochem products to use with the Durrmaid), then rinse with the water from the LGCM.

Reflective Images Automotive Detailing

Brian S. Garner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrfjsw294 View Post
    Im wondering about this too. Is it worth it to get the LGM with heat for the extra $25~ or does it not really heat up the water like it should and I could do the same with just using really hot tap water...

The ProHeat model of the LGCM is what I had used, as being mobile most of the time I needed something to give me hot water on demand. The ProHeat model will get the water to warm/hot, but not nearly as hot as a commercial HWE. IMO, I would spring for the ProHeat version.

Reflective Images Automotive Detailing

Brian S. Garner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast