autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Which one would you pick

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Makita PO5000C

3 9.38%
  • FLEX XC 3401

9 28.13%
  • Rupes BigFoot LHR15 MarkII

5 15.63%
  • RUPES BigFoot LK 900E Mille

6 18.75%
  • Other

14 43.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which polisher should I get?

For the makita, I noticed it says 15% when purchasing 2 additional items, I'm not sure how to see if that discount works and that 3" plate also fits it?

I'm really torn between makita and flex as the flex is a guarantee that it will do more than I need but I feel as if I'd like the makita and also like being in on the ground floor of new stuff.

If I could get a 20% coupon I would buy it right away.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got a coupon in my email this morning that worked to drop it 15% and so I placed the order for the makita, I feel like if I don't like it I will go with the flex, the things that helped with my decision was that one I have tons of makita tools and they all have been great, it was cheaper, and it should be able to use the same pads I already own with no issues(flex would have too)

I got the thin lake county pass too, order 12 pads of different stiffness

i feel like the Makita gets a bad rep because its cheaper, a tool brand and not a detailing brand and new model. i will definitely try it and let everyone know.

3. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think whatever polisher of the ones you did wondering about is a great choice. The Makita seems to be a great gear-driven orbital polisher. Please share your thoughts about it when you have tested it out. And fun with new tools

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franko07 View Post
    Well, I got a coupon in my email this morning that worked to drop it 15% and so I placed the order for the makita, I feel like if I don't like it I will go with the flex, the things that helped with my decision was that one I have tons of makita tools and they all have been great, it was cheaper, and it should be able to use the same pads I already own with no issues(flex would have too)

I got the thin lake county pass too, order 12 pads of different stiffness

i feel like the Makita gets a bad rep because its cheaper, a tool brand and not a detailing brand and new model. i will definitely try it and let everyone know.
    I love mine.
    I think it's the better designed out of the 3
    Def most comfy
    More choices with backingplate options as it'll accept literally any female/slotted plate along with male/studded plate

So you can put on a kamimaze plate in it for duetto (3in) and 5 in beast it you can put on a 3in HD GG6 plate
    Can also do D/A to rotary adapter..didn't think to test this out till now..but I foresee vibration issues with this setup

Post Thanks / Like

Guys let me throw another monkey wrench in. What about a Griots G15 or G21 incomparison to the Flex and Rupes? Would one of these we a great combination along with a GG6 or Porter Cable? Just didnt see any love for the G15 or G21 mentioned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cpdetail View Post
    Guys let me throw another monkey wrench in. What about a Griots G15 or G21 incomparison to the Flex and Rupes? Would one of these we a great combination along with a GG6 or Porter Cable? Just didnt see any love for the G15 or G21 mentioned
    it's personal preference and opinion. what one may like about a certain polisher, another may not.. another factor is customer service and warranty as well, which unfortunately they are not all created equal....

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i used the Makita again a few weeks ago, this was the first full polish i have done with it, i was able to complete the job in half the time or less and much better results than i was having. i did cheat and use some of the thicker pads first.

results were ridiculous, the owner didn't even know it had pearl in the paint and they bought it new.

10. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123