autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question about pressure washers

Hi

I got my Sunjoe SPX3001 2 days ago and wow having a pressure washer is so fun. Haven't even washed my car yet and it's like a toy hahaha.

Now I was wondering since the stock gun doesn't like have a swivel on it. I don't know a whole lot about pressure washers so do I need to look for like a M22 swivel connector? I just want to have a rotating point between the gun and the pressure washer hose.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about pressure washers

You will need three fittings to accomplish this. SunJoe uses a non-standard sized M22 fitting (m22/15mm) which cannot be found at a local store. Trust me, Ive spent more time figuring out fittings and adapters for my custom setup than id like to admit.

First fitting would thread into the SunJoe hose end (towards the spray gun):

15 mm M22 (non Standard) x 3/8 NPT Adaptor Pressure Washer Gun M22 ,15mm Bore | eBay

Second you will need a swivel. MTM hydro makes a very high quality swivel (brass or SS):

AG Live Swivel - MTM Hydro Parts

Third, would be a fitting to go from the MTM swivel back to your SunJoe spray gun:

M22 - 15mm Twist Connect x 38 NPT Female Non (Standard M22 Connector) | eBay

To be honest your probably better off just buying an entire new spray gun assembly with an integrated swivel. Matt at Obsessed Garage sells complete solutions and even the SunJoe adapter. Granted they cost almost as much as the SunJoe itself.

This is the package i went with. Having a built in swivel is probably the best feature behind everything being quick connected:

Complete MTM Swiveling Sprayer & Wand Solution - Obsessed Garage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Question about pressure washers-untitled-jpg  

3. Thanks habs33 thanked for this post
    Likes habs33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGC View Post
    You will need three fittings to accomplish this. SunJoe uses a non-standard sized M22 fitting (m22/15mm) which cannot be found at a local store. Trust me, Ive spent more time figuring out fittings and adapters for my custom setup than id like to admit.

First fitting would thread into the SunJoe hose end (towards the spray gun):

15 mm M22 (non Standard) x 3/8 NPT Adaptor Pressure Washer Gun M22 ,15mm Bore | eBay

Second you will need a swivel. MTM hydro makes a very high quality swivel (brass or SS):

AG Live Swivel - MTM Hydro Parts

Third, would be a fitting to go from the MTM swivel back to your SunJoe spray gun:

M22 - 15mm Twist Connect x 38 NPT Female Non (Standard M22 Connector) | eBay

To be honest your probably better off just buying an entire new spray gun assembly with an integrated swivel. Matt at Obsessed Garage sells complete solutions and even the SunJoe adapter. Granted they cost almost as much as the SunJoe itself.

This is the package i went with. Having a built in swivel is probably the best feature behind everything being quick connected.

Complete MTM Swiveling Sprayer & Wand Solution - Obsessed Garage
    Here's what I used; once you screw the MTM 14mm to 15mm adapter into the SunJoe stock hose, you can use standard fittings after that. This is using a MTM Snub gun (with standard fittings) as opposed to SunJoe gun.

14 to 15 adapter circled in red.

Couple of ways to skin this cat, this worked best with what I had on hand.

Post Thanks / Like

From what i read he wants to keep everything stock except for wanting to add a swivel.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh...then "Welcome to the wonderful world of SunJoe...numerous adapters in aisle 3"

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Power Washer fitting are a pita. I bought a new gun for my AR 390ss just to find out it was not compatible with my AR. I’ve just about given up trying to figure out finding a gun that fits correctly. I just hate having my foam gun at the end of my lance. It’s just so off balance.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm well thanks hguys I guess I'll just deal without one.

I thought of maybe returning it and get a Karcher K2000, 30$ cheaper at Costco but the GPM is 1.3 compared to Sunjoe's 1.72 so I'm not sure if it's a wise choice?

Anyone can provide input on this?

Post Thanks / Like

my method would cost you roughly $40-50... so why deal without one if the cost is so little?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGC View Post
    my method would cost you roughly $40-50... so why deal without one if the cost is so little?
    Because I'm in Canada so double the cost and that's how much it's gonna cost me.

I'll be able to save money + pay less for a swivel.

Post Thanks / Like

that sucks! oh well, i tired.

13. Thanks TheMidnightNarwhal thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast