autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which MF towels should I buy?

I have no mf towels at the moment. I had a $120 order setup for the rag co. Then started reading more and more negative reviews on Amazon about shedding and bleeding and falling apart after 1 or 2 washes. I am not sure how many I really need but this is what I was thinking to get started. tRc prices were good since I was able to load my cart up with everything I needed for about $120 but after reading amazon reviews I’m nervous about ordering them. I was looking at the spectrum 420, some ww for Windows, edgeless 300 for wax, sealant, compound and ipa and edgeless 245 for interior. What are good towels that I can get everything I need to get started for around $120?
    5 for wheels and door jambs
    5 for sealant removal
    5 for wax removal - can I use the same towels for wax and sealant or should I have dedicated ones for each?
    Dying towels- I was originally going to buy 4 16x24 dry me a river but thinking I need the pfm now. Not sure if I should get like 4 16x16s or one of the big ones. I have a silverado just for size reference. Just not sure how easy it will be to do the sides with a big towel like the large one.
    5 for Windows. Was thinking waffle weaves for this
    5-10 for compound removal
    5-10 for ipa wipe down.
    5-10 for interior

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which MF towels should I buy?

They make some good towels. No need to worry about them.

For glass I use the korean waffle weave in 16x16 inside and out.

The edgeless 300 or 365 are great towels for polish and wax/sealant removal. The 365's are nice for prep IPA prep wipes as well.

The Griot's PFM is a great drying towel. The large one is worth the money. I own both sizes and use the larger one to dry and the smaller ones for touch ups. TRC has their version in the twist n shout. For your truck I would get 2 large one's just to be safe and have a spare.

For interiors it is hard to beat the costco towels. Same goes for them on wheels, door jambs, engine bays. Pretty much an all around towel for those purposes. I also like the 16x16 edgeless miner from TRC for these purposes as well.

3. Likes dlc95, PaulMys, mwoywod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using TRC for years. They are quality towels. The forest green edge-less microfibers that Auto Geek sells are also really good. Don't get too hung up on having a bunch of different styles. You could almost get away with only having two different types.

5. Likes Coopers ST liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slapjack View Post
    I have no mf towels at the moment. I had a $120 order setup for the rag co. [B]Then started reading more and more negative reviews on Amazon about shedding and bleeding and falling apart after 1 or 2 washes. [/]I am not sure how many I really need but this is what I was thinking to get started. tRc prices were good since I was able to load my cart up with everything I needed for about $120 but after reading amazon reviews I’m nervous about ordering them. I was looking at the spectrum 420, some ww for Windows, edgeless 300 for wax, sealant, compound and ipa and edgeless 245 for interior. What are good towels that I can get everything I need to get started for around $120?
    5 for wheels and door jambs
    5 for sealant removal
    5 for wax removal - can I use the same towels for wax and sealant or should I have dedicated ones for each?
    Dying towels- I was originally going to buy 4 16x24 dry me a river but thinking I need the pfm now. Not sure if I should get like 4 16x16s or one of the big ones. I have a silverado just for size reference. Just not sure how easy it will be to do the sides with a big towel like the large one.
    5 for Windows. Was thinking waffle weaves for this
    5-10 for compound removal
    5-10 for ipa wipe down.
    5-10 for interior
    Sounds like bs disgruntled people that ruined thier towels by user error not following care instructions. Edgeless is what u want all diffrent gsms

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    They make some good towels. No need to worry about them.

For glass I use the korean waffle weave in 16x16 inside and out.

The edgeless 300 or 365 are great towels for polish and wax/sealant removal. The 365's are nice for prep IPA prep wipes as well.

The Griot's PFM is a great drying towel. The large one is worth the money. I own both sizes and use the larger one to dry and the smaller ones for touch ups. TRC has their version in the twist n shout. For your truck I would get 2 large one's just to be safe and have a spare.

For interiors it is hard to beat the costco towels. Same goes for them on wheels, door jambs, engine bays. Pretty much an all around towel for those purposes. I also like the 16x16 edgeless miner from TRC for these purposes as well.
    I've been using the edgeless wizards for Ipa. I love nice quality towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the responses. I had heard nothing but good things about TrC until I went on amazon. And yes, I figured some of the neg reviews were user error or something like that but just wanted to ask first. I didn’t want to end up with $150 worth of crap towels. Does anyone know if the stuff they sell on amazon is the same quality as the ones sold on TrC website? I would assume so. They are actually cheaper to buy on amazon tho, so trying to decide which way to order them.

9. Thanks scatpack72 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing to add to this thread, other than when quickly skimming the thread titles, I misread this as "Which MF'in towels should I buy". I thought someone had some pretty bad towel experience, lol.

11. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol. I was kinda at that point of frustration last night for sure. Just too many towel options and I don’t have tons of money to waste trying out different brands.
    Drying towel question. I want to get the pfm but I have a lot of other stuff to buy still for compounding and polishing, so spending $80 on 2 towels is more than I want to spend right now.but I will get a couple soon for sure. But for now Will a few of the 16x24 or one 16x24 and one 20x40 do a good job or do those waffle weaves not really do a great job for drying a whole truck?

Post Thanks / Like

Which MF towels should I buy?

a friendly suggestion ^^
    buy some to test before you pour in the cash.
    my wax/sealant (LSP) towels are the same as long they are still paint safe. you may separate them depends on your comfortability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slapjack View Post
    Thank you for the responses. I had heard nothing but good things about TrC until I went on amazon. And yes, I figured some of the neg reviews were user error or something like that but just wanted to ask first. I didn’t want to end up with $150 worth of crap towels. Does anyone know if the stuff they sell on amazon is the same quality as the ones sold on TrC website? I would assume so. They are actually cheaper to buy on amazon tho, so trying to decide which way to order them.
    I think they are the same I've bought of amazon they seem the same. I noticed they are cheaper too I don't understand that

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast