autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which MF towels should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by slapjack View Post
    Lol. I was kinda at that point of frustration last night for sure. Just too many towel options and I don’t have tons of money to waste trying out different brands.
    Drying towel question. I want to get the pfm but I have a lot of other stuff to buy still for compounding and polishing, so spending $80 on 2 towels is more than I want to spend right now.but I will get a couple soon for sure. But for now Will a few of the 16x24 or one 16x24 and one 20x40 do a good job or do those waffle weaves not really do a great job for drying a whole truck?
    The 70/30 waffle weaves are better then of in my opinion they are softer.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the responses. I had heard nothing but good things about TrC until I went on amazon. And yes, I figured some of the neg reviews were user error or something like that but just wanted to ask first. I didn’t want to end up with $150 worth of crap towels. Does anyone know if the stuff they sell on amazon is the same quality as the ones sold on TrC website? I would assume so. They are actually cheaper to buy on amazon tho, so trying to decide which way to order them.
    Just be aware that there have been some complaints about the towels ordered from Amazon versus straight from them. TRC has mentioned that one will be dealing through Amazon to return something.

Check out TRC's website under the discount section. They also ship for free over $49.

Lol. I was kinda at that point of frustration last night for sure. Just too many towel options and I don’t have tons of money to waste trying out different brands.
    Drying towel question. I want to get the pfm but I have a lot of other stuff to buy still for compounding and polishing, so spending $80 on 2 towels is more than I want to spend right now.but I will get a couple soon for sure. But for now Will a few of the 16x24 or one 16x24 and one 20x40 do a good job or do those waffle weaves not really do a great job for drying a whole truck?
    The PFM's are worth the money and it's best to get them during a sale through AGO or Autopia. TRC has their version which is the twist n shout which you can look at. They also have the twistress which is similar to the smaller PFM's. If you have a pep boys near you, they often carry the smaller PFM towels.

The dry me a rivers are decent waffle weaves. I would pick up a couple for your truck as they don't hold as much water compared to a PFM. The cobra guzzlers from AGO are nice waffle weaves as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Just be aware that there have been some complaints about the towels ordered from Amazon versus straight from them. TRC has mentioned that one will be dealing through Amazon to return something.

Check out TRC's website under the discount section. They also ship for free over $49.

The PFM's are worth the money and it's best to get them during a sale through AGO or Autopia. TRC has their version which is the twist n shout which you can look at. They also have the twistress which is similar to the smaller PFM's. If you have a pep boys near you, they often carry the smaller PFM towels.

The dry me a rivers are decent waffle weaves. I would pick up a couple for your truck as they don't hold as much water compared to a PFM. The cobra guzzlers from AGO are nice waffle weaves as well.
    That is is what I figured. I think I will just stick with the TrC website directly. I see they have a $10 off $100 purchase and $5 off $55 so that helps a little.

I just remembered last night that AG carries the PFm and I just placed a big order the day before when they had 25% off. Totally dropped the ball on that onE.
    I actually bought a small pfm at pep boys a few weeks back to see how it felt and it seems like a nice towel. How does the twistress compare to it as far as being a drying towel? They look the same. Only thing is the pfm is like 860 gsm and the twistress is like 500 something.
    just thinking do I want 1 pfm or for the same price I can get one 26x59 dry me a river and four 16x24 dry me a river towels.

Post Thanks / Like

The PFM is hands down the most absorbent drying towel I have ever used. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have other towels in your collection IMO.
    I currently have Microfiber Madness DMC, PFM’s (big and small), Big Blue from AG, Gyeon silk (big and small), Twistress, Dry me a River, Cobra Guzzlers amongst others.
    I buy a lot of towels from TRC and they are very high quality and last with proper care.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Likes The Guz, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    The PFM is hands down the most absorbent drying towel I have ever used. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have other towels in your collection IMO.
    I currently have Microfiber Madness DMC, PFM’s (big and small), Big Blue from AG, Gyeon silk (big and small), Twistress, Dry me a River, Cobra Guzzlers amongst others.
    I buy a lot of towels from TRC and they are very high quality and last with proper care.

Damn I thought i was bad. This is only Less then half of my collection.

Do u detail for a living?

Post Thanks / Like

I use TRC's Eagle Edgeless also and they're a darn good towel. I'd really like to buy something comparable from AG, but haven't found it yet. I also endorse the PFM Drying towels. I have only the 16" ones and never needed more than two for any normal vehicle. A sleeper in the AG store, IMO, is Super Soft Deluxe Blue Microfiber Towels, microfiber detailing towels, buffing towels, micro fiber towel, detail cloth They're reasonably priced, durable and are my favorites for polish, wax or sealant removal. You don't hear much mention of them here, but if you look at pics or videos of details or training classes in the AG garage, you'll often see the same towels in neon green being used for wax/ sealant removal.
    I also like this towel for glass- The Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel cleans & buffs glass to crystal clarity with the soft texture of genuine Cobra microfiber. . If you follow it up with a silky, low nap towel as a "polisher", you'll only need one of each per vehicle.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

@fightnews : No I don’t Detail for a living. Anywhere from 4-6 vehicles a month.

Post Thanks / Like

@fightnews : No I don’t Detail for a living. Anywhere from 4-6 vehicles a month.
    I consider myself a hardcore hobbyist. I'm actually narrowing down my arsenal to brands and specific products in order to reduce the number of bottles on the shelf and cart now. I'm mostly Optimum, Collinite and McKee's now. I do like Wolfgang Fuzion waxes and Megs Detailer bulk cleaners (glass, APC, degreaser, etc.) and I started using Super Clean after watching Dallas Scott's video for cleaning tires but I'm pretty limited in the core product areas now compared to before.

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon makes good microfiber. They are kind of on the pricey side. But they are good.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG!! Why don’t you just send me some of your towels! lol. I am just getting back into detailing but I never really had quality products and tools. After getting 2 new vehicles I started watching videos and got sucked in and I’ve been spending $ ever since trying to build up a good amount of stuff but it’s hard to get all the things I really want all at once. It’s been crappy weather here for months now and I’m trying to have everything together for when the weather breaks. I’ve spent about $1,000 so far and there is so much stuff left that I want. I guess I just have to get the necessities for now And then I can start building up more and more a little at a time.

What should I use for washing the microfiber towels? I see there is a few different brands but I’m sure you’ve tried a lot of them having that many towels. Is there a regular store bought soap that is good or should I buy something specifically for mf off AG site? And what method do u use? Settings, water temp, drying method, etc...? Can you wash all mf of different kinds and colors at once or should u only do alike towels together? I was thinking maybe just washing them by hand may be good for me because I’ll only be doing a couple cars a week so I won’t have big loads to do. FYI I have a high efficiency washer and they say to only use HE compatible soap. Is the mf soap you use safe for those type of washers?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast