autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best wash mitt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best wash mitt

Thanks, Mike!

Due to having some seriously filthy cars to wash in the Spring and Fall, I'll continue to play it safe with the chenille mitts.

I don't think I'd ever try one of those wool-like mitts. I already have a dog and cat to groom and don't need to add my detailing tools to that list!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome thanks guys. I haven't done a 2 bucket in about 3 years so it was exciting for me. Something different than RW's. I have the good green chenille mitts I got from AG. One is for customer the other for personal vehicles.

Thanks again. I'll look into the Carpro.

P.S. I am meticulous the way I wash and care for my mitts and towels.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Mike if I make quote you :

" I do think they are VERY gentle to the paint as long as the person using the mitt has half a brain and uses the mitt intelligently and then after using it washes and even brushes it out like a cat to keep the fibers from matting together."

I must say when using the car pro mitt I found myself holding it off the paint just far enough away to lightly touch the paint. all the other mitts & brushes I ever used I found myself scrubbing the paint. with that lambs wool mitt only half the length of the fibers were touching the paint. hope I explained it good enough, but I know what you're talking about. every days is a learning day & I usually pick something up every time I wash & wax my vehicles.
    Carlo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hmardown View Post
    Jeremy
    I'm pretty sure I have them all, but my latest & greatest is : CarPro Wool Wash Mitt. I just used it two weeks ago for the first time. first I foamed my truck & then I used the two bucket method. you won't believe how gentle this mitt is. I felt no friction or drag when washing my truck. and the truck came clean, all that winter road film was removed. you'll need to shake it out after use & let it air dry. I'm looking forward to using it again to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I wasn't happy with how you insert your hand in the mitt(a little small). but I made it work & it's worth the slight discomfort. It never slipped out of my hand so it's now my favorite to use. good luck
    hmardown
    Make sure you brush it out after it dries. I always brush mine right before I use it. If you don't do this the wool will knot up and it will have a pretty short life.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the class and will chime in, yes they are heavy duty and they are being used and are still in good shape. I also own them and have found that they are durable and clean well.

Post Thanks / Like

Best wash mitt

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    IMO, the Incredimitt by CarPro is the best. I have 6 of them that I use on my personal vehicles and for maintenance washes on some of my customers cars. They clean well, are soft, release dirt well and are very durable.
    This.Best wash mitt All that + they hold a ton of suds, way more than ordinary mitts + they glide so smoothly over your paint. I love these mitts. I cut the cuffs off because I prefer to use them more like wash pads, quikly flipping them over to a clean side as I wash the vehicle.

@fly07sti. Hey thanks to you I’ve seen the light and just recently picked up a large Griots PFM. You weren’t kidding, these towels are the bomb!Best wash mitt

8. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    This.Best wash mitt All that + they hold a ton of suds, way more than ordinary mitts + they glide so smoothly over your paint. I love these mitts. I cut the cuffs off because I prefer to use them more like wash pads, quikly flipping them over to a clean side as I wash the vehicle.

@fly07sti. Hey thanks to you I’ve seen the light and just recently picked up a large Griots PFM. You weren’t kidding, these towels are the bomb!Best wash mitt
    Are these comparable to the Incredimitt

XtraFluff Blue Microfiber Wash Mitt

Post Thanks / Like

Best wash mitt

Quote Originally Posted by Knxwledge View Post
    Are these comparable to the Incredimitt

XtraFluff Blue Microfiber Wash Mitt
    Yes they are, but there are slight differences between them.

1. You can see there’s a slight difference in size, with the more expensive mitt on the right vs. the less expensive option on the left.

There’s a slight yet noticeable difference in the color between the 2, the cheaper mitts (left) have more white strands vs the more expensive mitts (right) which have more blue.

When brand new, you’ll notice that the cheaper option picks up less suds than the real ones, this initially was a turn off for me, but they get better once they’re broken in and washed a couple of times. Nowadays I’d definitely say they’re comparable, but I can still tell which 1 is which when I pick it up from my wash bucket, but I have no complaints about the cheaper ones. The difference is minimal.

However IME there’s more of a noticeable difference in the Orange colored cheaper mitt vs. the Blue ones. This mitt, while it does a serviceable job and would probably outperform alot of mitts in the $5-11 dollar range, is noticeably thinner than my blue mitts and therefore soaks up less suds but is still soft on the paint. I’m glad 1 only have 1 of these and 4 Blues.

You can even see how the Orange mitt looks sort of flimsy compared to the Blue ones in this pic, and I didn’t even mean for it to look that way.

Incredimitt.

XtraFluff Blue Microfiber Wash Mitt.

XtraFluff Orange Microfiber Wash Mitt.

See what I mean...

11. Thanks Knxwledge thanked for this post
    Likes GEM65, Bunky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yes they are, but there are slight differences between them.

1. You can see there’s a slight difference in size, with the more expensive mitt on the right vs. the less expensive option on the left.

There’s a slight yet noticeable difference in the color between the 2, the cheaper mitts (left) have more white strands vs the more expensive mitts (right) which have more blue.

When brand new, you’ll notice that the cheaper option picks up less suds than the real ones, this initially was a turn off for me, but they get better once they’re broken in and washed a couple of times. Nowadays I’d definitely say they’re comparable, but I can still tell which 1 is which when I pick it up from my wash bucket, but I have no complaints about the cheaper ones. The difference is minimal.

However IME there’s more of a noticeable difference in the Orange colored cheaper mitt vs. the Blue ones. This mitt, while it does a serviceable job and would probably outperform alot of mitts in the $5-11 dollar range, is noticeably thinner than my blue mitts and therefore soaks up less suds but is still soft on the paint. I’m glad 1 only have 1 of these and 4 Blues.

You can even see how the Orange mitt looks sort of flimsy compared to the Blue ones in this pic, and I didn’t even mean for it to look that way.

Incredimitt.

XtraFluff Blue Microfiber Wash Mitt.

XtraFluff Orange Microfiber Wash Mitt.

See what I mean...
    Thanks! I will probably pick up a few of the cheaper one's then

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knxwledge View Post
    Thanks! I will probably pick up a few of the cheaper one's then
    You’re welcome.Best wash mitt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast